What's new

Cricket: Canada keen to tour Pakistan

saiyan0321

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Canadian cricket chiefs want to send their national side to tour Pakistan, Pakistani officials said Wednesday.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said the tour was expected to go ahead after September this year and voiced hope the visit would help reestablish the country as a safe venue for sport.

“PCB has thanked Cricket Canada for their interest in sending their national team to Pakistan. PCB believes in strengthening the relationship further between the two boards,” said a PCB statement.

Earlier Express News had reported that the Canadian cricket team, in reply to PCB’s offer to tour the country, agreed to visit, but at a time when the Pakistan cricket team will be busy with other engagements.

According to the report, the Canadian team offered to visit in May, but PCB has said that Pakistan cannot play any home matches before September due to their busy schedule.

Pakistan is heading to Colombo on May 19 to play against Sri Lanka.

The Canadian cricket board has also requested the PCB to allow Pakistani cricketers to play in the Toronto Twenty 20 tournament, as PCB had earlier refused to provide No Objection Certificate (NOC) to six players.

Following the postponement of the Bangladesh tour last month, the PCB had planned to host a tri-series featuring Afghanistan and Canada in an effort to revive international cricket in the country.

Cricket: Canada keen to tour Pakistan – The Express Tribune

AFP: Canada cricketers keen to tour Pakistan

well i for one am glad this has happened even if it is canada but never the less it was at a wrong time and i will not get my hopes up till they come but still am grateful that they offered if this happened the tri series will be awsome ....... hope canada wont screw us twice like bangladeshi board

acha hai - Rizwan cheema ke chakkay dekhne ko milain ge :D

canada wants to play pakistan because no test playing nation plays a minnow associate team

canada wants to play pakistan because no test playing nation plays a minnow associate team

they play here and they get to play with us hisaab barabar both sides win will look forward to see some fights

Back
Top Bottom