PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CPEC open to all kinds of foreign investment:

NNI
24 Oct 2021

61747e1baf13e.jpg

WASHINGTON: Federal Minister for Planning, Development, Reforms and Special Initiatives Asad Umar Saturday said that four special economic zones set up under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and Gwadar Free Zone were open for foreign investment. Speaking at a seminar held at Wilson Centre in Washington, USA on the CPEC, he said that Pakistan was the largest exporter of its goods to the USA, while the Pakistanis living in the country sent remittances back home which contributed to the country’s economic development.

Former US ambassador to Pakistan David Hale was the host at the event, which was attended by representatives of different think tanks from around the world.

He expressed the hope that direct investment in Pakistan from the USA would increase. The federal minister, on the occasion, said that stable Afghanistan was a must if Pakistan were to achieve the geo-economic vision. He also urged the international community not to leave Afghanistan in these critical moments of its history.

Such an open invitation to investors who are openly hostile to CPEC and Pakistan is strange. The investments that are opened should be guided and narrowed down and last thing we want is India to have back door access to damage our national interests and security.

Such an open invitation to investors who are openly hostile to CPEC and Pakistan is strange. The investments that are opened should be guided and narrowed down and last thing we want is India to have back door access to damage our national interests and security.

:what:

Investors want a return on their investment. Why would they risk their capital in order to harm it? Besides, I doubt India would invest or be invited to invest in CPEC.

I have a question, for overseas Pakistanis looking to invest in gwadar in plots both commercial in residential how do they find out which property scheme isn’t a scam? Because I’ve heard same pieces of land there are being sold to 5 different people and all them are getting scammed.

It's nothing. When China just built the Shenzhen Special Zone, a lot of investment came from Japan and Taiwan.

There is a difference between China and Pakistan, when comes to asking for investment.....Trust of investors.

Besides, what made that minister think that US will invest in CPEC...it the whole bloody bone of contention it wants Pakistan to get away from.....

There is a difference between China and Pakistan, when comes to asking for investment.....Trust of investors.

Besides, what made that minister think that US will invest in CPEC...it the whole bloody bone of contention it wants Pakistan to get away from.....

The Pakistani govt is a administrators. Why should it be afraid of foreign enterprises managed by it?
Every time a natural disaster occurs in China, Tesla actively contributes. They also gave gifts to all Shanghainese. Obviously, the Shanghai govt is not afraid of Tesla.

The Pakistani govt is a administrators. Why should it be afraid of foreign enterprises managed by it?
Every time a natural disaster occurs in China, Tesla actively contributes. They also gave gifts to all Shanghainese. Obviously, the Shanghai govt is not afraid of Tesla.

Pakistani government is not afraid....Investors are afraid... whole point I was trying to make.

On Tesla....no wonder they actively contribute / give gifts to Shanghainese....

" In 2018, Elon Musk signed an agreement with the Shanghai Municipal Government to open a plant to make Tesla vehicles, making it the first non-Chinese auto company with a solely owned subsidiary in China since the 1990s. Now the company is facing a backlash over its electric car business there "

We Pakistani are paraoid to the extreme and then we have inherent habit of taking opposite position to whatever is v=beuing proposed at the moment.

If West says they are not going to invest in Pakistan, we'd scream that it is one of their conspiracy to destroy us & if they agree to such an investment, then we'd scream there has to be a hidden agenda behind it .

As you can see from the comments above, they see investment by western companies (i.e Adidas, Oracle, MS, GE, Ford etc) as 'hostile investors'.

We Pakistani are paraoid to the extreme and then we have inherent habit of taking opposite position to whatever is v=beuing proposed at the moment.

If West says they are not going to invest in Pakistan, we'd scream that it is one of their conspiracy to destroy us & if they agree to such an investment, then we'd scream there has to be a hidden agenda behind it .

As you can see from the comments above, they see investment by western companies (i.e Adidas, Oracle, MS, GE, Ford etc) as 'hostile investors'.

Very much true.

:what:

Investors want a return on their investment. Why would they risk their capital in order to harm it? Besides, I doubt India would invest or be invited to invest in CPEC.
Exactly what the East India company said to the Indians.

Back
Top Bottom