What's new

CPEC investment pushed from $55b to $62b

Not all are loans. Most of projects are on BOT, IPP basis, like motorways and power projects.

Makes sense

It's like this, with this infrastructure deal, Pakistan economy will greatly benefit. a percentage of 62 billion is far less than even a small percentage increase of total GDP.

Oh yea, there's also the better living conditions, and all that, but that's not really a priority for anybody, is it.
??

You said spread through 30 years. You realize you are not talking US here right. If America has no new trains, or highways, nothing bad happens to the Americans, they already got good enough infrastructure. With a country like Pakistan, no highways means no road, no power stations means no power.

These projects will really improve Pakistani lives by quite a bit. Right now I can take a HSR straight from Beijing to my home city, and then another one to visit my grandparents. This cuts my previous travel time to about a quarter, if not less. More time I get to spend with my family, and also less headaches and more comfortable.

Makes sense

??
You said spread through 30 years. You realize you are not talking US here right. If America has no new trains, or highways, nothing bad happens to the Americans, they already got good enough infrastructure. With a country like Pakistan, no highways means no road, no power stations means no power.

These projects will really improve Pakistani lives by quite a bit. Right now I can take a HSR straight from Beijing to my home city, and then another one to visit my grandparents. This cuts my previous travel time to about a quarter, if not less. More time I get to spend with my family, and also less headaches and more comfortable.
I can't believe this statement- where Pakistan has no highways without China coming in. Like the other gentleman said- BOT and IPP makes sense, it's not all loans- it happens in India too. A lot of it being Chinese money funnily enough. Mostly this happens -Indian construction companies bag plenty of deals- this is what I don't understand. Project management/design-build contracts get handed to US/Japanese companies some times but that is due to their expertise and credentials. Pakistani companies getting some of these deals would mean it in turn helps the Pakistani economy grow. Competitive bidding, with restricting bidders based on qualifications/ credentials is the best way to do this, not hand these mega projects out based on binding agreements. Maybe - the bidding is happening on the Chinese end- I don't know.
That said this project will surely help China secure their trade and oil, and bring comfort to many Pakistanis.

Bro why are u worried about pakistan ? u should focus on india internal matters. We know wht our gvt is doing. Its pakistan internal matter u should stay out of this.
This is a public forum, please stay of out of public forums if you don't like what you see. Cheers

This is a [B said:
public forum[/B], please stay of out of public forums if you don't like what you see. Cheers

LOOK AT THE TOPIC
Why are u concern about this investment. Have u seen any pakistani giving comments on foreign investment in india ? only Chinese and Pakistani national can comment on this topic not indian. Cheers mate

LOOK AT THE TOPIC
Why are u concern about this investment. Have u seen any pakistani giving comments on foreign investment in india ? only Chinese and Pakistani national can comment on this topic not indian. Cheers mate

Initially Indians were laughing and ridiculing Pakistan on news of multibillion dollars plan, called it wet dreams, Chinese aren't dumb to waste money; Pakistan isn't capable of absorbing that much amount of investment, faild economy, terrorism, faild state, then Pakistan is selling everything bla bla. Now they are worried about loans of Pakistan.

Initially Indians were laughing and ridiculing Pakistan on news of multibillion dollars plan, called it wet dreams, Chinese aren't dumb to waste money; Pakistan isn't capable of absorbing that much amount of investment, faild economy, terrorism, faild state, then Pakistan is selling everything bla bla. Now they are worried about loans of Pakistan.

Why india always crying ?? :argh::argh:

LOOK AT THE TOPIC

Then ask the admins to make a rule. You cant, too bad. Till then stop acting naively and debate constructively because you might not know there is actually a rule about going offtopic. It is seldom enforced but existence is very noteworthy.

China is doing because its a trade route to bypass south china sea, hence all the investment.

This isnt due to if Pak is or not a failed state, China wouldve built the same route, even if it was Somalia.

Honestly you should stay on topic and discuss the issue stated. Try and leave your bias and paranoia behind. I posted very honestly and clearly. There is no malice in my post. So no need to take a dig at me. I think India benefits from a stable and financially strong Pakistan. Grow up man.

India benefits from a stable and financially strong Pakistan

Your ruling elite will not agree with you ... Hindu really can't stand a prospering Pakistan, a muslim country carved out of ma-bharat!

We Pakistanis are not worried about CPEC, thanks for your concerns however but not needed.

the irony is that, some of those money can actually land in India if only India isn't so hostile to CPEC. After all, China has plan to connect south Asia with China.

Back
Top Bottom