ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CPEC Authority to undertake more projects in Faisalabad: Bajwa

Bajwa says Faislabad is quite suitable for local as well as foreign investment
ByAPP

transmission-702x400-696x397.jpg

FAISALABAD: China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority Chairman Lt Gen (r) Asim Saleem Bajwa on Monday said that the CPEC Authority would undertake more projects in Faisalabad after the successful launch of Allama Iqbal Industrial City Special Economic Zone (SEZ).
He was addressing a meeting during his visit to Allama Iqbal Industrial City. The meeting was also attended by Faisalabad Industrial Estate Development & Management Company (FIEDMC) Chairman Mian Kashif Ashfaq, Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) President Engineer Hafiz Ihtasham Javed, and officers of various departments.
Bajwa said that Allama Iqbal Industrial City was a flagship project of CPEC Authority which would facilitate Chinese investors to shift their high tech industrial units under the second phase of CPEC.
About industrial, commercial and business importance of Faisalabad, he said that it was quite suitable for local as well as foreign investment. He said the authority would try its best to improve basic infrastructure to facilitate investors.
Responding to a question from the FCCI president, he said that more projects would be launched under CPEC Authority in Faisalabad. In this connection, up-gradation of Faisalabad International Airport was also under consideration while a technical institute to provide skilled manpower would also be established under CPEC Authority.
He assured to visit FCCI next month to discuss issues and take final decision to launch new development projects.
He also visited M-3 Industrial City, Business Zone and Site office and expressed satisfaction over the facilities provided in this mega project. He stressed the need to further improve the infrastructure in order to facilitate the local as well as foreign investors.
FIEDMC Chairman Mian Kashif Ashfaq said that construction work of boundary wall, main gate and double carriage road had been completed in Allama Iqbal Industrial City while consultants were being hired for preparation of the master plan for this industrial city. He maintained that special one-window cell was also operational in Allama Iqbal City which would provide facilities to Chinese investors.

Faisalabad is really a success story. You can even see the results on Google Earth. Just pan around. This is what a modern, expanding industrial estate looks like.

Any reason why?
If you have visited Faisalabad in past 3 months you would be saying this too. In Imran Khan’s government most of the cities got some type of package for their population whereas Faisalabad who is the 3rd largest city is Pakistan got nothing. Most of our main road are in such a state where trucks or transport vehicles cannot use that road. No rainwater drainage system. I as a citizen of Faisalabad can say that I am disappointed by CM Buzdar.

If you have visited Faisalabad in past 3 months you would be saying this too. In Imran Khan’s government most of the cities got some type of package for their population whereas Faisalabad who is the 3rd largest city is Pakistan got nothing. Most of our main road are in such a state where trucks or transport vehicles cannot use that road. No rainwater drainage system. I as a citizen of Faisalabad can say that I am disappointed by CM Buzdar.

My classmate is the PTI MNA from Faisalabad and I am from Faisalabad as well.

Roadworks in Faisalabad have hit a big hurdle, and that is the GUTTER system! PMLN closed many main gutters and paved roads over them with very little paperwork left for referencing. All Main junctions have been fixed but blockages are a nightmare to locate with paved roads over manholes. Until this system is fixed, roadworks in those areas will not be started. Gutters need to be unblocked first before roads can be repaired, no other way around it for a long term solution!

But how does that prove or confirm that CPEC will not be undertaking any projects in Faisalabad?

Who said that industrial hub of Pakistan will be left out of the economic system?

It is like leaving out the engine while designing a truck.

Faisalabad, city dedicated to Arab King Faisal, is where the agriculture industrialisation 4.0 is happening.

My classmate is the PTI MNA from Faisalabad and I am from Faisalabad as well.

Roadworks in Faisalabad have hit a big hurdle, and that is the GUTTER system! PMLN closed many main gutters and paved roads over them with very little paperwork left for referencing. All Main junctions have been fixed but blockages are a nightmare to locate with paved roads over manholes. Until this system is fixed, roadworks in those areas will not be started. Gutters need to be unblocked first before roads can be repaired, no other way around it for a long term solution!
I appreciate your explanation but don’t you think there’s is no development schemes or project launched by this government.

Back
Top Bottom