What's new

COVID-19 exposes India’s dependence on China for active pharma ingredients

Dear Grey Boy,

Your are taking the discussion out of context.

The data suggest that out of all generic medicine consumed at USA, about 30 to 33% finished dosage forms are manufactured in India. USA market not only helps us in getting big revenue but it also incorporate good overall practices and learning in pharmaceutical business. Let me tell you, USFDA norms are extremely strict.
I have known many of my past colleagues who are now working for Chinese drug manufacturer, because Chinese workforce lacked required know how. I am not saying they are dumb. They are knowledgeable, but you need to know that Indians are working on US generic business since last 30-35 years.. and that has help garner lot of knowledge and skilled workforce (read scientist here).

The truth is China relies on the West for critical machinery and material, the truth is the complex hard to do expensive stuff is still done in the West, Japan or Taiwan. China's niche is still low end cheap manufacturing.

US imports a lot of machines from China. We sell US machines, US sells China farm products.

48756597_7.png

Don't understand you?
What are you trying to say?
OR YOU HAVE COMPREHENSION PROBLEM.

FOR IQ82, Let me explain AGAIN.
CHINA HAVE HIGHER LABOR COST.
But because Indians are IQ82, China is able to use their SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY to produce cheaper and most probably higher quality even with HIGHER LABOR COST.

Lol it won’t worth it when it cheaply available. Why there is demand and restrictions we can switch sources

tell us percentage of medicine import to USA from China.. Even Tiawan's export of API is quite a good. They are better than mainland Chinese companies. Formosa, Scino pharm to name a few.
We only know China can live comfortably with US medical supplies, while without Chinese medical supplies, many Americans will die.

Dear Grey Boy,

Your are taking the discussion out of context.

The data suggest that out of all generic medicine consumed at USA, about 30 to 33% finished dosage forms are manufactured in India. USA market not only helps us in getting big revenue but it also incorporate good overall practices and learning in pharmaceutical business. Let me tell you, USFDA norms are extremely strict.
I have known many of my past colleagues who are now working for Chinese drug manufacturer, because Chinese workforce lacked required know how. I am not saying they are dumb. They are knowledgeable, but you need to know that Indians are working on US generic business since last 30-35 years.. and that has help garner lot of knowledge and skilled workforce (read scientist here).
Hmm, your username looks familiar, do i know you sometimes back.....?
OH!!!, you're my good old Indian buddy "Rainbow Fighter"??

US imports a lot of machines from China. We sell US machines, US sells China farm products.

You are wasting your time, your stats as usual represents export of finished goods.

China's imports (not food or agriculture related) in 2019 is valued at 2.1 Trillion $'s do some research on your own - if you really want to know the facts.

Lol it won’t worth it when it cheaply available. Why there is demand and restrictions we can switch sources
Seriously, you should spend more time with your post.
Difficult to comprehend what you want to express.
Yawn, go switch sources, NOBODY CARES.
JUST DON'T SPOUT LIES and ABET the USA in slandering and blaming China.

We having this dicussion only because India shitting in their pants over APIs from China.
Don't blame China.
https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalr...ence-on-china-for-apis-says-industry-insider/

India should reduce dependence on China for APIs, says industry insider

Seriously, you should spend more time with your post.
Difficult to comprehend what you want to express.
Yawn, go switch sources, NOBODY CARES.
JUST DON'T SPOUT LIES and ABET the USA in slandering and blaming China.

We having this dicussion only because India shitting in their pants over APIs from China.
Don't blame China.
https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalr...ence-on-china-for-apis-says-industry-insider/

India should reduce dependence on China for APIs, says industry insider

Iam saying if need arises we also manufacture those APIs in home. No need to depend on Chinese

so it’s because it’s cheaper import
your pharma runs on the affordability factor.. otherwise bigshots dont really enjoy visiting Hyderabad for sightseeing industrial waste heaps with kids and cows bathing around around the production areas.

No no .. I am not Rainbow Fighter.. I have the same user name since last 10 years. :)
OK, we lost contact since a few yrs back when he told me he's moving to Malaysia, used to live chat all the time, a real nice friend, we supposed to meet in HK that summer, too bad, thanks

Hyderabad is not only Pharma cluster

Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Goa are the major pharmaceutical manufacturing clusters in the country. The bulk drug clusters are located primarily in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mysore, Bangalore, and Visakhapatnam (Vizag).

your pharma runs on the affordability factor.. otherwise bigshots dont really enjoy visiting Hyderabad for sightseeing industrial waste heaps with kids and cows bathing around around the production areas.

No no .. I am not Rainbow Fighter.. I have the same user name since last 10 years. :)
How nice if less of BRAGGING INDIAN TROLLS and more of poster like yourself who will post facts and reasonable POV.
Stating facts is not bragging, and we can debate on those facts, albeit facts from India are not very reliable like how India calculates its GDP.
India is Healthcare Supa Powa, so why all this fuss and SHITTING IN THE PANTS over APIs from China.

https://www.ha-asia.com/why-india-still-depends-on-apis-imported-from-china/
Why India depends heavily on China for drug raw materials?
January 3, 2020
Owing to the low-profit margin on APIs, Indian drug manufacturers consider it as a viable option to import APIs, make formulation drugs and export them. “The three factors responsible for over-dependence on Chinese imports are – wage cost, infrastructure facilities and tax benefits,” stated Dr Sakthivel.

So Indian drug manufacturers are GORGING HUGE PROFITS so it is better to import cheaper from China with 4 times higher labor cost.
In other words, Chinese are honest and their products are value for money.

Back
Top Bottom