What's new

COVID-19 Deaths in the UK adjusted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
UK has adjusted his deaths figures today. The deaths in the nursing homes were not counted in the earlier figures.

Today UK decided to add those figures for earlier period this month. These are still not upto date figures for the deaths in Nursing homes.

Now UK is number 3 in the total death figures, behind USA and Italy.

upload_2020-4-29_21-27-52.png

I have been arguing with few participants that every country is declaring the figures using different criterion.
I know UK was only declaring figures for the deaths in the Hospitals. Today Hospices and Nursing homes are added.
The deaths at home are still not counted.

The Indians are also playing some kind of games here. There figures do not make any sense.
With time it would be revealed their figures were also higher.

UK has adjusted his deaths figures today. The deaths in the nursing homes were not counted in the earlier figures.

Today UK decided to add those figures for earlier period this month. These are still not upto date figures for the deaths in Nursing homes.

View attachment 628305

I have been arguing with few participants that every country is declaring the figures using different criterion.
I know UK was only declaring figures for the deaths in the Hospitals. Today Hospices and Nursing homes are added.

The Indians are also playing some kind of games here. There figures do not make any sense.

Germany has done extremely well considering the amount of cases they have

View attachment 628305

UK has the most comprehensive figures as it includes all deaths now - hospitals, care homes
and at home where the deceased positive for Covid-19.

UK has the most comprehensive figures as it includes all deaths now - hospitals, care homes
and at home where the deceased positive for Covid-19.

Well according to the yesterday's news at 10 on BBC they would be including the figures of Nursing home deaths, that to for first 2 weeks of this month. You should check. I will see what they have included today.

Here is quote from BBC today;

The number of people who have died with coronavirus in the UK has passed 26,000, as official figures include deaths in the community, such as in care homes, for the first time.

The foreign secretary said this did not represent "a sudden surge", as the figure includes deaths since 2 March.
Like I said they only added care homes deaths. People who died at private homes not included. Secondly these are old figures, not up to date, they will add the last two weeks figures after collecting them.

Well according to the yesterday's news at 10 on BBC they would be including the figures of Nursing home deaths, that to for first 2 weeks of this month. You should check. I will see what they have included today.

I saw the daily Downing Street Press Conference today and these figures are now the total tally as of yesterday where someone who died tested had positive for Covid-19.

Even if it is not as much as speculated it is still a horrendous figure and still 1000+ a day are dying from Covid-19 in total every day in the UK.

I saw the daily Downing Street Press Conference today and these figures are now the total tally as of yesterday where someone who died tested had positive for Covid-19.

Even if it is not as much as speculated it is still a horrendous figure and still 1000+ a day are dying from Covid-19 in total every day in the UK.

You are absolutely wrong. The death figures now include the deaths in nursing homes from 30 March. They are not up to date figures by any stretch of imagination.
BBC reported today:

That data shows to the middle of April - there is a lag in reporting because it relies on death certificates rather than positive tests - there had been over 3,700 deaths in care homes across the UK.

Like I said these figures are not up to date. There is a lag , because some figures cannot be collected on daily basis, like hospital deaths.

You are absolutely wrong. The death figures now include the deaths in nursing homes from 30 March. They are not up to date figures by any stretch of imagination.
BBC reported today:

Dude like I say I actually watched the Press conference and it was specifically mentioned all deaths in all settings where the patient was tested and Covid-19 was diagnosed.

The figures are all registered deaths up to yesterday and that is the same as from hospitals although a little more out of date.

Before March the 30 hardly anyone was dying anyway in care homes compared to current total and so barely makes any dent to the overall tally.

Of course the real death toll would be thousands higher but UK still has the most comprehensive figures in Europe that I am aware of right

Dude like I say I actually watched the Press conference and it was specifically mentioned all deaths in all settings where the patient was tested and Covid-19 was diagnosed.

The figures are all registered deaths up to yesterday and that is the same as from hospitals although a little more out of date.

Before March the 30 hardly anyone was dying anyway in care homes compared to current total and so barely makes any dent to the overall tally.

Of course the real death toll would be thousands higher but UK still has the most comprehensive figures in Europe that I am aware of right

I have just quoted you from BBC website, today's figures.
They simply cannot have all the figures. They already announced yesterday, what data they would include. It is up to you to believe what you want. If you want to trust the politicians, fine, good luck.

Heard, India is just posting figures without evidence based data on the internet.

UK white population has been hit hardest now. UK, Germany, Italy and USA seems to be the most honest countries which actual infections and death rates.

Keep schools closed until Covid 19 is no longer a threat

The threat of covid19 is real. Children can’t be expected to maintain sufficient social distancing to keep this virus from spreading. They are social creatures. Allowing them back to school could cause a new spike in cases. They could bring it back home, even if they are a-symptomatic.

Back
Top Bottom