What's new

'Country to become self-reliant in making motorbike soon'

Jaguar and land rovers are british brands that your tata bought. But your ashok leyland & TATA does have considerable share in the commercial vehicle market unfortunately.

yes that is very unfortunate...wait...how exactly?
i hope british brands jaguar and LR earn a place in your market aswell.

yup! indian market is childs play compared to bangladeshi market.
may be Tata can compete in upmarket bangladesh wid jaguar and landrover.

In India car price is low and bulk of the car which is sold is priced in between 1- 5 lakh rupee. Due to heavy import tax upto 800% you wont find any car with that price range in Bangladesh. As people needs to go to a higher rate they prefer reconditioned Japan car which is upto 4-5 years old then brand new low quality Indian car. For example even a tata nano cost around 6 lakh taka which is above 4 lakh rupee but in India it cost 1 lakh rupee. Another Indian Ambassador car which is gonna sell here will cost from 14-22 lakh taka...around 10-17 lakh rupee... seriously who is gonna buy that???

In India car price is low and bulk of the car which is sold is priced in between 1- 5 lakh rupee. Due to heavy import tax upto 800% you wont find any car with that price range in Bangladesh. As people needs to go to a higher rate they prefer reconditioned Japan car which is upto 4-5 years old then brand new low quality Indian car. For example even a tata nano cost around 6 lakh taka which is above 4 lakh rupee but in India it cost 1 lakh rupee. Another Indian Ambassador car which is gonna sell here will cost from 14-22 lakh taka...around 10-17 lakh rupee... seriously who is gonna buy that???

well how do the japanese do it then?

TATA was supposed to set up a steel manufacturing plant and they put some conditions in front of the govt. which were not beneficial enough,thus the then BNP govt. rejected their proposal which by the way worked like a blessing for our local steel industries.Now we have so many steel manufacturing industries such as BSRM,KSRM,RSRM,AKS steel,Anwar ispat and the list goes on.

Can you be more obscure ? Do you guys even know what were the conditions asked ? What stupidity !!

If walton can make engines, that would really be a major turning point in BD's automobile industry. May be we will be able to make tanks and APC of indigenous design within the next 15-20 years.

Toyota rules the streets of BD when it comes to passenger vehicles, don't think your tata has the ability to survive in the passenger vehicle market and to top that all benevolent Indian companies
have the most absurd behemothic demands when it comes to investment as far as BD's experience is concerned

Kindly don't shoot from rear and just state the demands...

How does it matter ? You guys won't let any company open production facilities and then cry over 800% import duty..

Not only cars but even bikes r damn expensive in BD i mean even normal BD bike of Walton of 100-140cc r priced in the range of 1-1.4 lakh takka thats INR 65000 - 91000 whereas u can get pulsar 150-200 in the same range in India
N our 100cc bikes starts from 38000-40000 even when all these bikes comply Euro IV n V standards whereas all BD models r Euro III standard so there is a hell of a difference in both quality as well as price...

Thats why i said its a good move by BD manufactures investing in engine manufacturing but they still got a long way to go....

Idiot...... how do you find Indian cars are low quality ???

Car exports from India increase by 41 percent in July 2011 - Auto Industry News

The Indian auto exports will be upto $5.62 billion in the year ending
March 2011 and the same will grow to $17.64 billion in 2015-16
http://www.iim-delhi.com/upload_events/04Indian_Auto_Industry_MARUTI.pdf

Either you are stupid or people who bought Indian cars :lol:

Idiot...... how do you find Indian cars are low quality ???

Car exports from India increase by 41 percent in July 2011 - Auto Industry News

The Indian auto exports will be upto $5.62 billion in the year ending
March 2011 and the same will grow to $17.64 billion in 2015-16
http://www.iim-delhi.com/upload_events/04Indian_Auto_Industry_MARUTI.pdf

Either you are stupid or people who bought Indian cars :lol:

Did you even read what I said??? In Bangladesh for the commercial vehicle many Indian trucks and van etc. are sold but not for private cars as a cheap car like nano cost 6 lakh taka, old backdated ambassador car is gonna cost upto 22 lakh taka... Who will buy such junks with such a high amount???

Mostly Indian car are sold as it is cheap and many foreign country does not impose high import duty like Bangladesh.

Can you be more obscure ? Do you guys even know what were the conditions asked ? What stupidity !!

Kindly don't shoot from rear and just state the demands...

How does it matter ? You guys won't let any company open production facilities and then cry over 800% import duty..

Who told you that?? Already Mitsubishi opened an assembling facility which will eventually turn into manufacturing facility. There are also some other proposal of investment. Even TATA has opened or planning to open an assembling facility for commercial vehicles. But shortage of land and electricity crisis are hampering the investment. Ont he other hand government is discouraging buying of new car due to increase of traffic congestion. Due to traffic congestion around 3 billion usd is lost in Bangladesh which is around 2.8% of GDP.

TATA was supposed to set up a steel manufacturing plant and they put some conditions in front of the govt. which were not beneficial enough,thus the then BNP govt. rejected their proposal which by the way worked like a blessing for our local steel industries.Now we have so many steel manufacturing industries such as BSRM,KSRM,RSRM,AKS steel,Anwar ispat and the list goes on.

Proof of a nationalist party. I am glad that I have always supported this party during shine or rain. I hope people will support them next election for betterment of the country Insh'Allah.

Proof of a nationalist party. I am glad that I have always supported this party during shine or rain. I hope people will support them next election for betterment of the country Insh'Allah.
BNP will win the next election hands down,but for that there has to be a free and fair election.But i don't see that happening without another bloodshed and military intervention,just like last time.

BNP will win the next election hands down,but for that there has to be a free and fair election.But i don't see that happening without another bloodshed and military intervention,just like last time.

It is becoming a ritual in BD, one term AL, next term BNP. So no doubt on that. Military intervention is the least possibility I think.

It is becoming a ritual in BD, one term AL, next term BNP. So no doubt on that. Military intervention is the least possibility I think.

There'd be more confrontation in the future if the CTG issue remains as it is now.

What'd happen after....only God knows. Military intervention is the last resort.

well how do the japanese do it then?

What do you mean by asking how Japanese are buying their own cars? Are you a stupid? Do the Japanese also pay 200% to 800% duties on their own made car? Moreover, Japan is a rich country, richest in Asia for the last few generations. How can you compare a Bangladeshi with a Japanese?

Not only cars but even bikes r damn expensive in BD i mean even normal BD bike of Walton of 100-140cc r priced in the range of 1-1.4 lakh takka thats INR 65000 - 91000 whereas u can get pulsar 150-200 in the same range in India
N our 100cc bikes starts from 38000-40000 even when all these bikes comply Euro IV n V standards whereas all BD models r Euro III standard so there is a hell of a difference in both quality as well as price...

Thats why i said its a good move by BD manufactures investing in engine manufacturing but they still got a long way to go....

In a country that only started producing motorcycles it is natural that the prices would be high because there is a big market. Govt. should not interfere with this pricing because it will take away the profit margin of the makers. When there are other players in the market there will be price competition and the prices will come down.

Back
Top Bottom