What's new

COUNTRIES AT HIGH RISK OF STATE FAILURE

dnt have logic now but y singapore is in this list they make biased reports....

Singapore is not in the failed state index but in the HRI index with a bunch of other countries + the 15 failed states. What the experts have done is seperate out the failed states from the HRI lists because they appear in both the FSI as well as HRI index with low scoring - hence proving that its a double whammy for the failed states because of the low scorings on HRI as well as FSI index and a lot of weak economic, resources, human development indicator data, internal conflicts and general weakness in Governance which increases the probability of these 15 states trully failing in the next 2 decades i.e. 2030.

China (PRC) is certainly in the top 15... the author has missed.

In fact, PRC is at a much higher risk of failure than Pakistan.

Bangladesh should be out of the list... it is going great guns, in social statibility, economy, political stability and great relations with neighbours and the rest of the world.

Dont spoil the thread with a useless assessment.

Too many ifs , too many variable.
As like 90% of the time some one produce such list, the list itself is a failed one.

if for example if you keep seeing "x" in multiple lists scoring quite low - there is quite a good chance by way of the many lists and emperical data to assume the future of "x" and the general direction its heading towards.

China (PRC) is certainly in the top 15... the author has missed.

In fact, PRC is at a much higher risk of failure than Pakistan.

Bangladesh should be out of the list... it is going great guns, in social statibility, economy, political stability and great relations with neighbours and the rest of the world.

China is one of the most stable states in the region.... dont spoil this thread with your BS.

Apparantly Pakistani is getting better. Good Sign.

if for example if you keep seeing "x" in multiple lists scoring quite low - there is quite a good chance by way of the many lists and emperical data to assume the future of "x" and the general direction its heading towards.

I have a quote for you:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Any idiot can look at lists and come to conclusion, that's not a study. They should examine each possible candidate and make assessments. Though without throughout I call this BS.

Haiti should score higher, though maybe it shouldn't be on the list at all since it was failed even before the earthquake, now it's even worse.

China is one of the most stable states in the region.... dont spoil this thread with your BS.

China (PRC) is as stable as USSR in 1985.

Nobody should be surprized to see a Commonwealth of Chinese States (CCS) by 2016 or 2018.

On a side note, if someone digs out earlier "famous posts" by chinese forummers:

"8% GDP growth in China (PRC) is necessary for social stability. Anything below will cause instatiblity and disaster."

Well, one can wonder, what those same people have to say now.

Pressure have already started building up .. for a full scale Tiananmen square in PRC.

First sign, is the foresighted bankers have already started pulling out of china - GS, BankAm, MS .. even Yahoo ... MNCs are selling and getting out, before $hit hits the fan.

Off the course, the rest are counting on continuing their plunder in china for 2-3 years more ... but they are taking some risk.. because nobody can precisely "time the collapse": It could could in 2016. or it could come in 2014.. or in 2020 !!!

Nobody can predict the time, hence it has become a game.. taking your chances.

I have a quote for you:

Any idiot can look at lists and come to conclusion, that's not a study. They should examine each possible candidate and make assessments. Though without throughout I call this BS.

Haiti should score higher, though maybe it shouldn't be on the list at all since it was failed even before the earthquake, now it's even worse.

Lets see you come with data that contradicts the study, pick a country from the list and prove that the study is wrong.

@illusion8

Ah, as I said it's an opinion I have just based on a first glance, I might be wrong but I still hold on to what i said atm. I agree that I made the mistake of wording myself too strongly.

I'll take a longer look at the PDF when I have a bit more time.

Just lets be clear on what I didn't say. I didn't say that those countries don't belong in this chart just that it seems like the order and appearance of some countries is wrong (imo). Anyway "HIGH RISK OF STATE FAILURE" is not well defined so there would obviously have to be some ambiguity.

Last edited by a moderator:
@illusion8

Ah, as I said it's just an opinion I have just based on a first glance, I might be wrong but I still hold on to what i said atm. I agree that I made the mistake of wording myself too strongly.

I'll take a longer look at the PDF when I have a bit more time.

Just lets be clear on what I didn't say. I didn't say that those countries don't belong in this chart just that it seems like the order and appearance of some countries is wrong (imo). Anyway "HIGH RISK OF STATE FAILURE" is not well defined so there would obviously have to be some ambiguity.

I wouldn't give much importance to the precise numerical order - but only to the green, red and yellow markings which indicate the level of severity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised of the ability Indian have, to drag china to every thread whatever it is relevant to china or not.

a few days ago, a bunch of Indians ranted about how some Pakistani posters were obsessed with posting lists showing Indian cities are the dirtiest, etc, sounded like they are better on this matter. Now a bunch just piled on a list showing high risk of state failure in Pakistan and Bangladesh. I bet it's the same brainless bunch.

Back
Top Bottom