What's new

Could China's annual GDP hit 7.5 trillion USD by this year?

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Lets check the stats:

2009: Q1-Q2-Q3 -> 3.2 trillion USD Year -> 4.99 trillion USD
2010: Q1-Q2-Q3 -> 4.04 trillion USD Year-> 5.92 trillion USD
2011: Q1-Q2-Q3 -> 5.04 trillion USD Year-> 7.5 trillion USD ???

What is your opinion? :coffee:

Nominal GDP works by market exchange rates.

And many in the West think that the Yuan is massively undervalued.

If that is true, then China's actual GDP is much much larger than nominal GDP by market exchange rates would show.

Nominal GDP works by "exchange rates".

And they think the Yuan is massively undervalued. If that is true, then China's GDP is much much larger than nominal GDP by exchange rates would show.

I have the feeling that China's 2011 GDP may pass over half of US GDP as the Yuan is appreciated a lot during this year.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Highly possible. Q4 is roughly 1/3 of annual product.

Then you just nailed it.

good news, maybe.......but I don't think ordinary Chinese still give a **** about GDP nowadays

good news, maybe.......but I don't think ordinary Chinese still give a **** about GDP nowadays

I don't quite understand why people are not pleased with the trend. I think people who complain about the society should all be send to India as a punishment.

I don't quite understand why people are not pleased with the trend. I think people who complain about the society should all be send to India as a punishment.

because trend is far not enough for practical Chinese......without people's complain,those local officials may never realise how serious the society problems we are facing now,it's not an easy thing lead a country with 1.3billion population to the way of revival,those voice will help them keep the head on straight and give Chinese people more dignity like our leader promised

because trend is not enough for practical Chinese......without people's complain,those local officials may never realise how serious the society problems we are facing now,it's not an easy thing lead a country with 1.3billion population to the way of revival,those voice will help them keep the head on straight and give Chinese people more dignity like our leader promised

You made the point. Those who are in China should always hold a critic view but those who are out of the country should always have a belief in the country.

Since I came to the States, I have more tolerances to the CCP. I felt it is important to have things done, to progress, to look forward. And of the most importance, to have a great motherland.

because trend is far not enough for practical Chinese......without people's complain,those local officials may never realise how serious the society problems we are facing now,it's not an easy thing lead a country with 1.3billion population to the way of revival,those voice will help them keep the head on straight and give Chinese people more dignity like our leader promised

The growth of GDP is still better than nothing when it is controllable, even though the social problems still exist.

btw, the higher the total gdp the better.
because that means bigger military budget in absolute numbers but keeping the military budget as a % of gdp the same.

it also means more money for R&D.

more money to develop the infrastructure.

bigger gdp means wealth, for global power, u only care about total gdp, not per capita gdp.

higher total gdp means a stronger china, a stronger china means a safer china.

Lets check the stats:

2009: Q1-Q2-Q3 -> 3.2 trillion USD Year -> 4.99 trillion USD
2010: Q1-Q2-Q3 -> 4.04 trillion USD Year-> 5.92 trillion USD
2011: Q1-Q2-Q3 -> 5.04 trillion USD Year-> 7.5 trillion USD ???

What is your opinion? :coffee:

i think it will be closer to 6.5 trillion USD.

wealth distribution and corruption, rich people are getting very rich, but again we dont have a western style welfare system to feed those really unfortunate or truly lazy and whining people..

Back
Top Bottom