What's new

Could anyone translate this?

Talwar e Pakistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It is a small segment of a family tree of my friend that goes back to at-least 1,000 years and is extremely intriguing, I will post more soon but currently I am studying this part; I can pick out some names but my Nastaliq is not that strong, especially with this handwriting. If anyone could translate the names for me, it would be appreciated.

upload_2019-6-16_4-46-56.png

Last edited:
This seems to be the family tree of Chandravanshi Hindushahi line, I can read all the names but better scan is required. Might even find some common branch with my own family.:-)

Prima facie this one has been done in the last 200 or so years, otherwise it should have been in sanskrit and on leather rather than paper.

Prima facie this one has been done in the last 200 or so years, otherwise it should have been in sanskrit and on leather rather than paper.
I meant that the records in the family tree go back to a thousand years, not the family tree itself.

This seems to be the family tree of Chandravanshi Hindushahi line, I can read all the names but better scan is required. Might even find some common branch with my own family.:-)
Could you tell me those names, this is the best possible scan/picture I can get.

If you are in Pakistan do drop by sometime/discuss I will try and help you sort it out. It is linked to one of the bluest of the blue/highly respected Chandravanshi bloodline.

Raja Kang Pal is the first name, rest I could only comment after viewing the whole document because two names that have caught my attention is a Janjua and the other a khan.

Raja kangpal Sundar Yoshi kankpal
  1. Barpan pal
  2. Jay Dev
  3. Barpal
  4. Uday And Raja Dev
  5. Bhujraj Dev
  6. Magpal Raja Parhaj Pal. Pareetam pal
  7. Waghpal. Parithi pal. Dev paran
  8. Nakpal. Beraan pal . Bhagrath Dev
  9. Garpal. Ghaman pal Jigar Noor Dev
  10. Sokhan Pal. Ghem Pal. Raja Kehro Dev
  11. Jaspal . Manan Pal
List is not complete

Last edited:
Raja kangpal Sundar Yoshi kangpal
  1. Barpan pal
  2. Jay Dev
  3. Barpal
  4. Uday And Raja Dev
  5. Bhujraj Dev
  6. Magpal Raja Parhaj Pal. Pareetam pal
  7. Waghpal. Parithi pal. Dev paran
  8. Nakpal. Beraan pal . Bhagrath Dev
  9. Garpal. Ghaman pal Jigar Noor Dev
  10. Sokhan Pal. Ghem Pal. Raja Kehro Dev
  11. Jaspal . Manan Pal
List is not complete
talwar.jpg

On a side note if it predates Alexander Cunningham's work then it should be authentic.

Back
Top Bottom