What's new

Could a tank or land vehicle be nuclear powered?

Well I did some research and I found it is possible to build a small nuclear reactor. We in whole have witnessed an dramatic change in advancement of sciences like room sized computers transformed into hand held PDAs or bulky television into a pocket player. So in a broader sense it is possible. Who knows our army has it :)

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Well I did some research and I found it is possible to build a small nuclear reactor. We in whole have witnessed an dramatic change in advancement of sciences like room sized computers transformed into hand held PDAs or bulky television into a pocket player. So in a broader sense it is possible. Who knows our army has it :)
Really.?Send me some of them weed from the Emirates that you've been smoking.!!

Nuclear Powered Concept car

250px-Ford_Nucleon.jpg

Nuclear batteries can be exceptionally small. They are reliable and have been around for decades. They are essential for pretty much any space probe beyond Mars, because the solar flux out there is so weak, solar panels become nearly useless.

Nuke batteries aren't true reactors. They simply create heat from radioactive decay, and when you have heat, it can be turned into electricity.

Nuclear battery keeps going, and going ...

050513_batterypic_hmed.grid-6x2.jpg

C0060367-Empty_nuclear_battery_made_from_Plutonium-SPL.jpg

Nuclear pacemaker battery:
Alcatel-Pu238-battery.jpg

Nuclear batteries can be exceptionally small. They are reliable and have been around for decades. They are essential for pretty much any space probe beyond Mars, because the solar flux out there is so weak, solar panels become nearly useless.

Nuke batteries aren't true reactors. They simply create heat from radioactive decay, and when you have heat, it can be turned into electricity.

Nuclear battery keeps going, and going ...

050513_batterypic_hmed.grid-6x2.jpg

C0060367-Empty_nuclear_battery_made_from_Plutonium-SPL.jpg

Nuclear pacemaker battery:
Alcatel-Pu238-battery.jpg

Yes good info...but impractical for use in Tanks/land vehicles as you would need propulsion in the form of electric motors....which would draw current that this battery cannot deliver.

I mean replacing a 1500HP engine in a 50+ ton tank with an electric motor, is no easy task.

This is possible. We should make atleast dozen nuclear powered and nuclear capable land vehicles. As India is Near to us, If we are Down, we can use This vehicle as last Option. Better to save These nuclear vehicle in cave and use it If we are Down and No other Option is left :lock:

This is possible. We should make atleast dozen nuclear powered and nuclear capable land vehicles. As India is Near to us, If we are Down, we can use This vehicle as last Option. Better to save These nuclear vehicle in cave and use it If we are Down and No other Option is left :lock:

so how will these nuclear vehicles give u advantage in war :blink:

Drive this car on the roads and where ever you go .. the next day people will be glowing in the dark. ;)

BAHAHAHAHHA - Additionally, exhaust will definitely miss the green emission test :rofl:

it will be like handing over a nuke bomb o every one who owns it and besides it is to costly ...a nuke submarine is logical cause it helps the sub to remain submerged for longer time and also reduces the need for it to be refueled while if a nuke powered land vehicle would only be a waste of money...it can be easily shot down and if done within the country is like droping a nuke on yourself.....

the one from "flubber" is nuke powered....
images

yup do it ....all we have to do is blast one of those and everyone near it die of radiation

Nuclear Tanks sound impractical. I mean even if somebody has them, how many will they send into action. Too many, they become easily detectable and if any one gets destroyed, the blast and radioactivity may effect others. Send in too few, and they may not be effective. Besides, Tanks arent supposed to loiter for long times, the crew is human and needs time out. Unless ofcourse, its a Drone-Tank!

How about Solar Powered Tanks :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom