What's new

Corruption in the PLA, a long and in depth article from FP

Don't bombard Chinese members by such Information. They don;t have free media in their country. Bomb like this will suffocate them.

Keywords search: china pla military industrial complex.

For all the criticism about the US 'military industrial complex' usually accompanied by the Eisenhower quote, Ike had no idea how extensive that structure and relationship go in China.

Troll bait, lol. I'm prepared for the flame war.

This whole article is based on just one person Liu Yuan's testimony, and he is actually quite famous for his loud mouth for attention. He published couple books in China that are openly criticizing current party leadingship. I would not say that everything he said are false, but most of them are vastly exaggerated and too western flavoured to suit China's current sitiuation.

PS
Sorry to disappoint you ao333, there isn't really much to troll about this guy.

It's hypocritical to criticize others unless you're squeaky clean. And who is squeaky clean, may I ask?

I posted the link to start a discussion about a topic that is rarely discussed.

Its not meant to "bait" anyone.

Don't really know much about China's government or Military structure. As for corruption I don't think its as bad as we have in India and Pakistan.

I posted the link to start a discussion about a topic that is rarely discussed.

Its not meant to "bait" anyone.

chauism pointed out through, Based on Yuan's writing exaggerated however corruption exists.

This whole article is based on just one person Liu Yuan's testimony, and he is actually quite famous for his loud mouth for attention. He published couple books in China that are openly criticizing current party leadingship. I would not say that everything he said are false, but most of them are vastly exaggerated and too western flavoured to suit China's current sitiuation.

PS
Sorry to disappoint you ao333, there isn't really much to troll about this guy.

Correct, I've also seen Yuans writings.

The corruption is ubiquitous. we all know there are must corruption in army!! But we believe it is not worse than government!!!
And, china is different from many countries, You can't get the info from it directly, many info are rumor!! whatever, I still believe in them!

Today's military is alright in terms of corruption. The period between 1984 and 1996 was the most corrupt of them all, when military openly operated business and used its soldiers as cheap labour. Say what you want about Jiang Zemin, but he put a stop to that and started the reform towards a professional military.

this article is probably 50% true. its very serious but not yet crippling.

I have no numerical evidence but have family members in the military, one of whom is ranked Major (medical, not combat). She makes little money but doesn't show up to work half the time. Probably 20 hours a week at most.

There was these two tenant that used to live in the basement. They were brother and sister from China, in Canada with student visa. According to them, their father was an officer in the 2nd Artillery. I might be wrong, but I don't think those in the Chinese military has high enough salaries to send their kids abroad to study, unless they're making some money elsewhere.

Today's military is alright in terms of corruption. The period between 1984 and 1996 was the most corrupt of them all, when military openly operated business and used its soldiers as cheap labour. Say what you want about Jiang Zemin, but he put a stop to that and started the reform towards a professional military.

Just a quick question.

Did corruption in PLA have something to do with proliferation of Chinese small arms?

Back
Top Bottom