What's new

Featured CoronaVirus in Pakistan - Updates & Discussion

I'm trying to find the masks today and these are not available at all even near villages. Arranged 5 masks from lahore through a friend. I have dust allergy so i have to use it whenever i go to dusty areas.
Masks are not the priority, people have been getting it wrong.

Prevention measures, these are first priority.

CF3C3AF6-FFB4-4800-B5BE-677458F58FAA.png

Do watch youtube tutorials to learn the DIY HomeMade N95 mask technique

But the fact that healthy young people in their 20s have died from it does cause some amount of anxiety, especially coupled with the fact that our healthcare infrastructure, govt efficiency and decisiveness and access to quality medical facilities is so far behind China's that the spread (and resultant deaths) could be the worst in the world.

Dont trust those Chinese PDF fanboys claim in PDF, it is the actual percentage :

As of 26 January 2020, a total of 8866 patients including 4021 (45.35%) laboratory confirmed patients were reported from 30 provinces.

Nearly half of the patients were aged 50 years or older (47.7%).

There was a clear gender difference in incidence with 0.31 (male) vs. 0.27 (female) per 100,000 people (P<0.001).

The median incubation period was 4.75 (interquartile range: 3.0-7.2) days.

About 25.5%, 69.9% and 4.5% patients were diagnosed with severe pneumonia, mild pneumonia,
and non-pneumonia, respectively.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10....Jrg23MJRSWiT96OlOWvOMXw4sxLaMSGuPw9h739R77_LY

Dude, this is FALSE narrative. This virus is dangerous to people of all ages. Cannot take this virus for granted.

Do you think young people are Terminators or something? :rolleyes:

Dude can you folk try and use a bit of intellect in these kind of situations and try not to give out your opinion as if you were an expert?

Even if the death toll between the young ones is low, it's still there. And Chinese stats alone won't hold the same for people with other genetics. What if it kills more young ones among Pakistanis?
What is hygiene and health situation in the country compared to China? How many people are actually roaming around being ill but not knowing yet in your society?
And even if they don't die, they become a carrier who in turn infects others and spreads it allover the place. Can you imagine how fast and wide it can spread in a country like Pakistan from just one teenager in a crowded spot?

Telling people not to panic is one thing. Telling them there is nothing to worry because it has not been too lethal for young ones in a country like China with all hygiene and health conditions at their best, is pure stupid.

Gents, calm down. The only real stats we have right now are the Chinese stats. With outbreaks in S.Korea and Italy we might see some more stats in the future. Right now the stats suggest;

• Corona is very infectious
  • Corona is not very lethal unless you are elderly or have a pre-existing conditions
  • This instance of Corona doesn't seem to be as lethal as SARS
  • That is not to say you won't get seriously ill catching it, and limited medical facilities might well increase the mortality rate in our country.
I'm not saying we should take it lightly - i've been advocating closing the borders to China, and any other country with an outbreak for weeks. I'm just saying it is nothing to panic about. Pakistani society seems so easy to whip up into hysteria (going by those on the internet anyway).

At the end of the day Corona is a form of pneumonia, it can and will make you seriously ill, but most people should survive it, it's not the bubonic plague and 13th century Europe. However we should take precautions.

1. Ill people should isolate themselves, and the families of the ill should do the same.
2. Wash hands with soap regularly.
3. Avoid unnecessary human to human contact.
4. Don't visit the sick - even if they're dying; Pakistani's love to flock to hospitals to show how much they care; once you're on your deathbed of course.

Little things will make a big difference. I'd like a load of stuff govt should do, but i doubt they'll do anything other than tweet.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762130

Another case in Faisalabad being reported. Student from China.

I wonder how much damage such pandemic can bring in a lose disciplined societies like ours ? People here habitually spit, cough, eructate or worst openly urinate publicly without having any regard of tiniest amount of manners whatsoever. My last visit to Karachi, i was shocked to observe how people spit saliva everywhere any where while chewing PAAN they put into their mouth 24 hours before.
Chinese imposed strict laws against such ill practices. Spitting in public was a common sight in China, from cities to rural areas. Residents could be seen spitting in the middle of the streets and in front of the others without concern. However, now the practise carries a potential penalty fine of up to 200 yuan (£21) and a criminal record in Hangzhou. Such practices and some strict discipline with some civic sense and education can help alot while dealing with the outbreak of such diesearces. Here the incompetent health authorities who claim on Public TV that this virus will die down in upcoming months due to increase in usual temperatures, to the speechless situation on individual levels....i am literally scared about upcoming months...!:eek:

Pakistani are super resilient we will deal with it no need to create panic , dengi & chicken ghunia is a common thing these days half of the world will die with stress if they know what one goes through if infected.

WHO is warning that the outbreak in Iran is worse than thought. There are 1000's of Pakistani in Iran or have traveled there recently. GOP is hunting down and isolating as many as possible as fast as possible. The concern is that all of have not been found yet. The ones in Iran may be stuck for a while.

Failure to understand that Iran can be a vector in the face of a possible pandemic, is my point. If the state is to adopt measures against an emerging pandemic, it should consider all possible channels of transmission in its calculations.

People coming from Iran, brought the virus to Pakistan. Celebration time.

GOP denying entry of Pakistani nationals in China to homeland, now appears to be an excercise in futility. Those nationals will be furious that it was very easy for a national to step into Pakistan from Iran but not them.

Iran doesn't care about the other peoples, they will simple spread the virus to the whole world. they are hiding facts because they need to export their oil, and this corona virus would simply halt all the xports of the country.

I am planning on going to Pakistan with my wife and two kids ages 4 and 2, in a week to attend a brother in laws wedding. I am very concerned with coronavirus, and i have been flip-flopping for some time on whether we should go or not. We plan on flying to Islamabad and would drive straight to Kharian/rural area and remain there, attend the wedding and fly back after two weeks. Any advice would really be appreciated in making my decision.

how to make your own home made mask, if tissue paper is not available you can make this with any cotton cloth from your washed/clean t -shirts cloths (one t shirt can be converted to at least 10 masks, towels

1122 introduces SOP on handling Coronavirus patients for Ambulance crews:
ER7494oXUAMNxMN.jpg

I'm trying to find the masks today and these are not available at all even near villages. Arranged 5 masks from lahore through a friend. I have dust allergy so i have to use it whenever i go to dusty areas.
Which masks do you need?

ESGlKR7WkAESFsV.jpg

This mask which offers the highest protection available in disposable masks FFP3 was available in Pakistan for Rs.250 it is now being sold for Rs. 650+ by suppliers in Karachi. Height of shameless profiteering. :mad:
Government is silent on this abuse of consumers!

6A84AB3F-B9E0-4934-935A-C0EEE15E857D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom