What's new

Construction of Faisalabad-Multan Motorway underway

Construction is underway since musharaf Govt. it was slowly continued in PPP tenure but corruption and negligence took revenge.

better make the railway network perfect of those 40 billion rupee its totally wastage of time poors cant afford expensive bus fares who travels on Motorways and poor's even dont own a car to travel between these cities i dont know what are the priorities of the government

Railway is the backbone of any country and we are still neglecting it

Railway and Road Infrastructure are two different things. UK having one of the best railway system, still they have Motorways, Highways and many of them. When M2 was building people said same thing about it, but check again all the areas which got connected with Motorway. Motorway will bring standard of whole city road infrastructure.

PS: I am not declining Railway requirement, It is required, we should have atleast dual tracks all over the places. for big cities like Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, and other provincial capitals... They should be metro trains for common people. We should have Bullet trains from Karachi to Islamabad and Peshawar. But Motoway is also great concept and will help Pakistan to grow more faster..

Railway and Road Infrastructure are two different things. UK having one of the best railway system, still they have Motorways, Highways and many of them. When M2 was building people said same thing about it, but check again all the areas which got connected with Motorway. Motorway will bring standard of whole city road infrastructure.

PS: I am not declining Railway requirement, It is required, we should have atleast dual tracks all over the places. for big cities like Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, and other provincial capitals... They should be metro trains for common people. We should have Bullet trains from Karachi to Islamabad and Peshawar. But Motoway is also great concept and will help Pakistan to grow more faster..

better read history dear and better dont compare Pakistan with UK both countries have different dynamics they dont have much poor population like us

we need to use to people on railway network like indians did in past and now they have world's most profit making railway system it will increase the income of government while on motorways do you think a Poor guy can afford tickets of Buses which travels on motorways like Niazi express , daewoo buses i guess a big noo cz they travels on old junky buses which usually crashes every day some where on any highway i have traveled in those buses and traveled in railway alot i wish you could have also traveled like poor pakistani then i will ask you should we make motorways or railways , Railway is the safest and smoothest mode of transportation and it decreases number of accidents on highways too if you have good setup of railway in your country .

ahhh 4 lane... :(. Wish it was a 6 lane project just like Lahore - Islamabad motorway.
M-4 will be a four-lane motorway with a six lane structure‚ which can be converted to six-lane whenever needed

But same motorway will be connecting Karachi and Gawdar. So should be 6 or even 8 Lane. In future this will become the backbone of Pakistan.

Constructing 6 Lane together, or construct 4 Lane then extend it to 6 Lane is much expensive....

I dont think PK has that kind of traffic for the whole highways to be 6 lane. You can have 6 lanes near cities but away from cities you dont need anything beyond 4 lanes.

FAISALABAD%20MULTAN%20MOTORWAY%20MAP.gif

highway4.jpg

highway2.jpg

M-4.png

m-4-extension.png

Faisalabad%20-%20%20M3%20-%20Faisalabad-Gojra%20Section%20-%20MAR%202012%20-%2001.jpg

Faisalabad%20-%20%20M3%20-%20Faisalabad-Gojra%20Section%20-%20MAR%202012%20-%2002.jpg

I dont think PK has that kind of traffic for the whole highways to be 6 lane. You can have 6 lanes near cities but away from cities you dont need anything beyond 4 lanes.

but we are using 6 lane from starting abut near the cities

main sab kindly G-T road ko repair he karva dain
lagta hai kisi african country ki road hai

The new government is doing an amazing job rapidly revamping and improving and adding to the motorway network.

thats the only thing im expecting from PML-N. they are good at building road infrastructure. if they could connect north with south and all the way to Gwadar with a motorway network, that will be some awesome achievement.
everything else, i really doubt their ability.

Here 6 Lane we are talking about on both side, not one like London M25. And I guess you haven't seen Pakistani Traffic yet. Just Visit M2 and M3 you will know, my guess is only Lahore to Multan Traffic will be huge, forget long routers.... also last lane on both side is used for Heavy traffic, which means roads are prone to damage more then regular one. So means slow moving traffic, and that can defeat the whole purpose of Motorway on the first place

You have no idea of the traffic volumes here these days and definitely it is growing! (we are talking about 6 lanes in total, 3 on both sides plus service road)
Constructing a 4 lane road will mean that Pakistan Highway Authority will have to start up gradation to 6 lane almost immediately after the project completes (judging by the present traffic and its growth)
The connecting motorway from Pindi Bathian to Faisalabad is a four lane and it really is a pain driving on it. Never gives THE motorway feel. Moreover since the road that will go to Multan is practically an extension of this and all the traffic coming from Lahore,Peshawar and Islamabad for Multan will have to go through this stretch of Fsd-Pindi Bhatian 4 lane motorway so the load will surely increase here. Meaning, we will have to upgrade/extend even this stretch of road to 6 lane. It will be even better if this can be made a standard here and will meet our needs for years to come.

The new government is doing an amazing job rapidly revamping and improving and adding to the motorway network.
This particular project however was started way back in Musharraf era and PPP also kept working on it although at snail's pace! I hope PML get it done quickly. I am more intrested and optimistic about there Kunjrab Pass to Gawdar road link as it will open new dimensions of development in Baluchistan and KPK. I have always been of the view that when ever Pakistan will develop, it will be Baluchistan playing the important role rather then Punjab which is almost working to its full potential already. Once we exploit the potential of Baluchistan and KPK, that is when we start making great progress!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom