What's new

Computerized voting machines you trust them? if yes then watch this!

I think many here havent even seen the video fully.....they show some election official saying on CNN IBN that the software used in the EVM cannot even be seen by the election commission of india....its owned by a private corporation and no one can tell if that critical software is honest or not....only that corporation know that....also think of it this way every time you vote with the EVM you just press the button thats it ....its the machine that votes for you....you are passing on the responsibility to that computer and only it votes not you...if everything is alight with EVM's then why did all those countries change back to the paper ?

Maybe its just me but i dont trust an american corporation that provides the software for these machines.

Subramanya Swami is very vocal against EVM's. although, HC dismissed his plea IIRC.

If You vote with EVM, You will get a "Receipt" just like ATM machines. Well, is that enough? :undecided:

EVM with Open Source for Transparency. wot say?

Last edited by a moderator:
anything computerised is easy to rig!!!

i would never trust a system like that!!!

Is Manual voting full proof? You cannot convince all the people all the time.

Again you miss the point, for the second time.

Any voting method can be rigged. The question is how noticeable the rigging will be. What you should ask is whether it is easier to see a goon stuffing a ballot-box, or to detect an embedded Trojan.

no technology is perfect but the system/procedures which the election commission is following is almost perfect....
1: the sequence of candidate in voting machine is selected on the basis of sequence on which they submitted the election form to election commission. so it impossible to fix this because you can't fix all candidate.
2: the selection of EVM selected randomly in the presence of election commission representative, all candidate representative, and district magistrate. you can't fix any particular area.
and too many technology used to prevent it from being hacked, if you think it can be fixed, you can asked to me because i worked on it...

no technology is perfect but the system/procedures which the election commission is following is almost perfect....
1: the sequence of candidate in voting machine is selected on the basis of sequence on which they submitted the election form to election commission. so it impossible to fix this because you can't fix all candidate.
2: the selection of EVM selected randomly in the presence of election commission representative, all candidate representative, and district magistrate. you can't fix any particular area.
and too many technology used to prevent it from being hacked, if you think it can be fixed, you can asked to me because i worked on it...

Point 1 is wrong (order is alphabetical), and the precaution in point 2 can defeated.

Making ballot papers in millions and transporting them to remote places is a nightmare.
EVMs where seen with suspicion in the beginning, now nobody points finger, even the losing candidates.
EVMs can be tampered, but in a populous country like India which uses thousands of them, you need to tamper lot of devices to win election.

you need to tamper lot of devices to win election.

So you are willing to allow a few polling booths to be compromised for swinging an election? You are willing to rely on blind faith?

In any case, rigging on a large scale is also not difficult. Trojans can be pre-installed by the manufacturer. The configuration needs to happen in the field, but that is a quick process.

Back
Top Bottom