Complete Ban or limited viewing of the forum for all indian users

Which solution do you agree with?

• Ban all indian users

• Limit all indian users

• Do nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fine line between trolling and freedom of expression. We should all be open for genuine criticism. Indians don't contribute constructive criticism. They arw here to spread hate and lies. Mods intervene, but are humans. They have to take so many aspects into consideration. Their lives could become so much easier if trolling and hate was restricted to certain sections.
I know. But if you are sure what you talking, then no need to argue.

.................. Yes we have quite a few Indian members, and not all of them are quality posters, some are trolls, but so are plenty of Pakistanis.

The current system penalizes breach of forum rules and decorum, and filter certain speech (largely any bias here is already Pakistani). What you're suggestion is destructively disproportionate and a sure way to harm the forum and destroy the opposing view, which is necessary for any debate.

Now that is just exaggeration on your part, from my 17 years of experience with indians online on multiple forums, I think the ratio between Pakistani to indian trolls is like 1 to 100, for every one Pakistani troll you will find hundreds if not thousands of indian trolls across the internet, there isn't really any comparison between the two. Almost all the indans I have encountered both online as well as offline have an unhealthy obsession about Pakistan, whereas for majority of Pakistanis india doesn't even feature in 99% of their thoughts.

Last edited:
Let's dissect the post.

1. Nonsensical and overhyped problem. The very first sentence is meant to undermine and playdown the Indian troll problem on PDF. Not a very good begin.

Don't misquote me!

I said, "nonsensical suggestion", and then "overhyped problem". The first is self-explanatory, banning a big part of the user base, and destroying discussion is a completely senseless suggestion.

As for the overhyped problem, that's exactly what it is, we have some trolls, always have had them. And as long as users report them, mods take action and ban if necessary. PDF has no major issue with Indian trolls as far as I can see. Out of the thousands of Indian origin posts per day, far fewer violate forum rules. If I revealed my track record here on PDF, you'd probably think I was biased against them for how many Indian IDs were banned by me personally compared to Pakistanis. Truth is, the forum has zero tolerance especially against Indian suicide trolls the likes of which you mentioned. You're just too blinkered to see that. Victim mentality is astonishing even with a completely Pakistani mod and admin base, and leniency shown to Pakistani posters.

And pls don't try to lie/distort and misrepresent what I said. "Nonsensical suggestion and overhyped problem" is two separate points and completely different to "nonsensicial and overhyped problems". Either you misread or you're misquoting intentionally.

2. There is Pakistani bias on PDF. PDF is very lenient when it comes to allowing membership to al nationalities. That includes Indian trolls. Often Indian trolls get many chances despite breaking the rules countless times. Talk about leniency. If PDF had Pakistani bias it wouldn't allow Indian members to participate as freely as they are allowed. Try surviving on an Indian forum as a Pakistani for a single day with so much freedom.

All management are Pakistani so there will obviously be some implicit bias in our favour. There's nothing wrong with having this bias IMO, I'm just stating a fact here. The fact is that we mods/admins as Pakistanis are humans too, we run a Pakistani forum; our coverage, our social media arm, professionals we host, all are Pakistani. That inevitably means that the forum will exhibit some Pakistani bias, and it does, although it's far less bias than Indian forums exhibit, which is why PDF is more successful. So I agree with your point of PDF leniency vs Indian forums, this a good thing about PDF. Allowing debate and dissent is how conversations are created and maintained.

However, I'm sure if PDF was handed over to you and people who think like you, you'd run it into the ground within months.

Now that is just exaggeration on your part, from my 17 years of experience with indians online on multiple forums, I think the ratio between Pakistani to indian trolls is like 1 to 100, for every one Pakistani troll you will find hundreds if not thousands of indian trolls across the internet, there is just no comparison between the two.

Why do you think you need a Troll to be a Pakistani Citizen to Post , Pro - Pakistani Content/Information/PoV ?
You can BUY a Whole Troll Army these days. Starting at $5 ! ( yes its called OUTSOURCING )

Hint : fiverr.com

Now that is just exaggeration on your part, from my 17 years of experience with indians online on multiple forums, I think the ratio between Pakistani to indian trolls is like 1 to 100, for every one Pakistani troll you will find hundreds if not thousands of indian trolls across the internet, there isn't even any comparison between the two.

Agree, but not on PDF. Those suicide trolls and blatant ones over the years have been banned in huge numbers. PDF is quite well balanced. And if anything leniency is certainly not shown to Indian trolls. Any mod on this site will attest to this fact.

Don't misquote me!

I said, "nonsensical suggestion", and then "overhyped problem". The first is self-explanatory, banning a big part of the user base, and destroying discussion is a completely senseless suggestion.

As for the overhyped problem, that's exactly what it is, we have some trolls, always have had them. And as long as users report them, mods take action and ban if necessary. PDF has no major issue with Indian trolls as far as I can see. Out of the thousands of Indian origin posts, far fewer violate forum rules. If I revealed my track record here on PDF, you'd probably think I was biased against them for how many Indian IDs were banned by me personally compared to Pakistanis. Truth is, the forum has zero tolerance especially against Indian suicide trolls the likes of which you mentioned. You're just too blinkered to see that. Victim mentality is astonishing even with a completely Pakistani mod and admin base, and leniency shown to Pakistani posters.

And pls don't try to lie/distort and misrepresent what I said. "Nonsensical suggestion and overhyped problem" is two separate points and completely different to "nonsensicial and overhyped problems". Either you misread or you're misquoting intentionally.

All management are Pakistani so there will obviously be some implicit bias in our favour. There's nothing wrong with having this bias IMO, I'm just stating a fact here. The fact is that we mods/admins as Pakistanis are humans too, we run a Pakistani forum; our coverage, our social media arm, professionals we host, all are Pakistani. That inevitably means that the forum will exhibit some Pakistani bias, and it does, although it's far less bias than Indian forums exhibit, which is why PDF is more successful. So I agree with your point of PDF leniency vs Indian forums, this a good thing about PDF. Allowing debate and dissent is how conversations are created and maintained.

However, I'm sure if PDF was handed over to you and people who think like you, you'd run it into the ground within months.

I agree on all the parts excpet for one. PDF is successful in gathering people with average and below average information. Period. Its no more educating members with Real Defence Information ( technology ). We now only "bark" for or against when a "news" is posted.

Have you seen the in depth technical Discussion on F16.net and BR ?
They are Really far far better than defence.pk .

That was before Twitter got popular.

We Lost many good posters who were Gems here on pdf itself, Now a days its a PURE NEWS Discussion on PDF.

Post a News and Fight.

Ask yourself. When did u last see a "schematics" or technical data discussion on PDF?

It has been YEARS !

Dumb idea. I've said it before and will say it again. The benefits of having Indians (of all kinds,...not just sanghees or anti-pak elements visit) far outweigh the risks. Simply monitor them closely and eject trolls.

Sorry but I'm not planning on making mods jobless by banning Indians. Mods can damn well do their jobs and monitor them.

I agree on all the parts excpet for one. PDF is successful in gathers people with avergae and beloe average information. Period.

We Lost many good posters who were Gems here on pdf itself, Now a days its a PURE NEWS Discussion on PDF.

Post a News and Fight.

Ask yourself. When did u last see a "schematics" or technical data discussion on PDF?

It has been YEARS !

very true... its all news and that too fake news.

lets purge all Indians and then have a go at us without us to respond... it will be so much of fun.

Banning Indians mean we will not see posts like this anymore. No need to 'ban' or 'limit' their views. :disagree:

but I’m on your side. I’m favoring the ban!
Know your well wishers dear Pak!

• i voted ban all Indians and giraffes @rott ...joking about indians but dead serious about giraffes :enjoy:

I agree on all the parts excpet for one. PDF is successful in gathering people with average and below average information. Period. Its no more educating members with Real Defence Information ( technology ). We now only "bark" for or against when a "news" is posted.

Post a News and Fight.

It has been YEARS !
Nonsense. The expert panels are all available to those who wish to make use of them. Your f16 nonsense has been thoroughly debunked btw so no need to dog whistle on that.

The problem is there is literally SO SO MUCH NONSENSE spouting forth from Indian media, that it simply has to be countered by a forum calling itself Pakistan Defence Forum. While half of us plough through and counter the fictitious drivel that seems to be India's national sport these days, the rest of us can devote their time to more academic pursuits if you choose to engage as such.

If India had engaged in a solid family planning effort for the last 70 years, we wouldn't have to deal with such a sheer volume of sensationalist media coming from our eastern neighbour. No point complaining about the downstream response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom