What's new

Comparing the Value of 100 Rupee , back then and now

Since your flag shows you are abroad, I am not sure if you are aware that a day's wage for low skilled mazdoor is around PKR600 (in Pindi/Isb). I hope it gives you an idea of my line of thinking.
So if the poor guy works the all 30 days without rest, he will be able to earn 18000 on average. Which I think is really low especially taking into account the dearness of everything.

The last eid I celebrated in Pakistan was 2013 and I had to pay Eidi to a 6-yr old son of my friend, I gave him Rs 100 and he amazed me by saying "yeh tu aik dollar se bhi kam hai uncle...what can I buy with it"...so I realised my mistake and had to raise the amount after the embarrassment. Also that though the currency has been devalued over time, the kids have got a lot more smarter.
Smart kid. 8-)

Before comparing devaluation count your life style as well ,In 1950`s people can hardly afford cycle now every one has cars and even more cars and wishes for aeroplanes . Inflation is a Karma which takes away every thing ,more money supply in the market more chances of devaluation .Maslow hierarchy theory in this regard is very important .
2000px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

More money in the market more inflation

I want to stick to level 1 for certain reason. :D

pretty sure any currency isn't going to hold it's value after 3 decades

$100 today isn't going to buy the amount you could have in the 70's and 80's with the same $100 dollar bill

over the years in UAE, i have observed most of grocery items are holding the same prices in the market as they were few years back. but yes true when i went back pakistan i found always different prices every time inflation is sky rocketing. for instance in 2006 US $ was 59 Rs while now 104 RS, and it seems it will keep going on the same way.

In early 80's you used to get 5 big tandoori roti's for a rupee, soft drink (320 ml in returnable glass bottle) less than a rupee, quarbani ka average bakra about 120 ~ 150, brand new corolla (1.3) around 120 k

PakistanP41-100Rupees-(1986)-donatedth_f.jpg

When I was young quite young this note used to have great amount of value to it

Children used to strive to attain one of these for Eidi, well most never got one they were limited to 10 Rupee notes or 50 Rupee

If my Memory serves me correctly a 100 Rupee in 80's use to buy
  • 4 Plates of Tandoori Tikka
  • Rooti was Still relatively cheap 1,5,10 Rupees or so the price fluctuated
  • Now you could replace the Tikka with any Dish in restaurant family of 4
  • You could go get full service at Hotel / Waiter would come salute you and serve you food
  • You might also be able to get fresh coca cola bottle (Glass) or Pepsi drinks Chilled
  • You could also buy fridge full of icecream cups (Stash it)

>Now fast forward 2016 , after the burden on economy due to 70's war
>Refugee from Afghan free loading , and illegal migration
> Then war on Terror and loss of 100-300 Billion dollars to economy due to neighbour void zone

Today this same note , perhaps I would be suprised if it is still in circulation

However I am curious what can you get for a 100 Rupee note in Pakistan now ?

Would be really interested to know what can you get these days in Pakistan for the same bill

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom