What's new

Companies target militant hotbeds in Kashmir to hunt young talent

xTra

Reaction score
Country
India
Wednesday, 18 February 2015 - 6:30am IST | Place: New Delhi

Success of the first phase of Udaan (special industry initiative) scheme has prompted the Union home ministry to target the militant hotbeds of Handwara, Baramulla and Sopore in north Kashmir to scout for young talent this time. The scheme is becoming a roaring success with hundreds of J&K youth joining the initiative and finding excellent job opportunities to match their potential. This is the first time that the group of companies are making forays into the tough locales of militant hotbeds of Handwara, Sopore and Baramulla.

What is Udaan?
Udaan, a special industrial initiative scheme, was conceived in 2010-11 on the recommendations of Rangarajan Committee for setting up a progressive programme for training of the youth of Jammu and Kashmir by the Corporate located in different states and make them employable. It is facilitated by union home ministry and national skilldevelopment corporation (NSDC). Despite having huge talent, J&K youth were not able to get jobs because of volatility in the region. Though a dud in the first year, it picked up speed in 2013 with several hundreds J&K youth, girls and boys, coming forward to get enrolled in the camps set up by the corporate.

How many J&K youth benefited from it?
In last two years, Udaan has helped train more than 6,000 J&K youth of which 2,574 have got jobs in top-rated corporate houses such as Tata Consultancy Services, Reliance, CMC, Ligare, Tata Motors, Yes Bank, Canara Bank and Accenture. The Centre has fixed a target to get 40,000 youth employed in five years (2013-2015). The commitment of 63-odd corporate exceeds it by double as they have agreed to train and absorb 80,000 J&K youth in five years.

Is there any opposition to the scheme?
The hardline faction of Hurriyat is opposed to the scheme. It thinks the scheme has deliberately been started by the Indian government to scuttle the struggle of Kashmiris, especially the youth, the main driving force behind agitations. The youth, however, seems to be rejecting this idea lately by coming forward in large numbers to talent hunt camps.

Which firms are in the talent hunt this time?
Ten top corporate houses from varied fields of human resource, management and corporate solutions, IT solutions, retail chains, automation solutions and infrastructure development such as Accenture, Future Learning, Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS), Manpower Ltd., Mount Talent, Reliance Industries, Rooman Technology,Sahaj e-Village Ltd., Fidelis and Prolific Systems & Technologies will hold two day camp in Handwara on February 18 and 19. Later, a group of 10 more companies will hold two day camp in Baramulla on February 24-25 and subsequently in Sopore, the hometown of Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, in March.

Source : Companies target militant hotbeds in Kashmir to hunt young talent | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

The hardline faction of Hurriyat is opposed to the scheme. It thinks the scheme has deliberately been started by the Indian government to scuttle the struggle of Kashmiris, especially the youth, the main driving force behind agitations. The youth, however, seems to be rejecting this idea lately by coming forward in large numbers to talent hunt camps.
This idiot Geelani seems not bothered about the welfare of Kashmiris at all. He prefers the youth of Kashmir to throw stones, enforce bandhs and take up guns instead, for his ambition to one day become the PM of Kashmir!

This a$$ has his own relatives studying and enjoying abroad. WTF? Why isn't he asking them to come and join his 'liberation' of Kashmir? Why is he using the Kashmir youth to fight his proxy war?

Bloody hypocrite. That's why no one in Kashmir except a handful of his Hurriyat chamchas, cares a damn for this 90 year old clown.

Great initiative!
A jobless youth with nothing to look forward to in a state with stalled progress and bad governance, would join terrorist groups out of necessity and not because he wants to do jihad.
This is an excellent opportunity to let 'em feel protected and giving 'em a hope for a brighter tomorrow.

Next I'm expecting the govt. to abolish article 370.

@xTra
you've not tagged @SarthakGanguly properly :)

I still doubt it will succeed. The incentives are huge. But greater is the fear....

Its a wonderful initiative.

J&K has a huge pool of intelligent educated youth. This must be tapped and included in the mainstream.

The Govt can only provide so many jobs. For the youth Corporate jobs are more satisfying as most of them get suffocated in Govt jobs.

These days when I call the MTS call center in Delhi I speak to a lot of Kashmiri boys & girls who are easily distinguished by their accent on certain words.

All in all a great step, needs encouragement

Thanks for posting.

A good incentive. Hopefully if the youth of Kashmir are given opportunities to integrate into mainstream India, they will start identifying themselves as Indians and stop listening to the blaberings of the separatists. Roti, kapda aur makhan is important to winning over any society by any government. The BJP won the government of India by promising basics to Indians. If the same is offered to the Kashmiris then that will resolve a lot of issues. Thereafter abolish that ridiculous Article 370 and ensure that it is placed in a dustbin and not some museum for prominence :D

:rofl: These acts of desperation are not the first nor will be the last........But they have proved to be ineffective.

So what do you suggest?
De-religionize. Kemalism.

If the society is unstable or in a flux, nobody will establish industries. Hell, people don't go to the Eastern parts of India even. And we are talking about JnK. :(

Its a wonderful initiative.

J&K has a huge pool of intelligent educated youth. This must be tapped and included in the mainstream.

The Govt can only provide so many jobs. For the youth Corporate jobs are more satisfying as most of them get suffocated in Govt jobs.

These days when I call the MTS call center in Delhi I speak to a lot of Kashmiri boys & girls who are easily distinguished by their accent on certain words.

All in all a great step, needs encouragement

Thanks for posting.
Yes, education is one sector where we get to interact a lot. This generation is also looking to go out of the state for work. Case in point - me. My grandparents would never have accepted it. :D

:rofl: These acts of desperation are not the first nor will be the last........But they have proved to be ineffective.

a festered pakistani's desperate trolling... try your luck at next time.

Yes, education is one sector where we get to interact a lot. This generation is also looking to go out of the state for work. Case in point - me. My grandparents would never have accepted it. :D

bro are you a Kashmiri??

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom