What's new

Commander Receiving F-35As: ‘It’s Going to Be an Absolute Monster’

We did not 'apologized' in the sense that we admitted we caused the collision. In the English language, when you say you are 'sorry' or 'apologize', it could mean you are expressing sorrow and sympathy, not necessarily accepting blame.

verb
  1. 1.
    assign responsibility for a fault or wrong.
The American aircraft was flying in international airspace. That in itself put US in the right. Further, the aircraft was a lumbering four engine prop jobber, not an agile small fighter.

The Chinese pilot died. Not because we rammed him. But because he literally flew into us. Why should we accept blame for being in international airspace and exercising strict airmanship ?

I wont go into such things but yes we were discussing about accidents. And till now both US and China have been successful not to let any accident/incident/confusion create any undue military escalation.

I wont go into such things but yes we were discussing about accidents. And till now both US and China have been successful not to let any accident/incident/confusion create any undue military escalation.
We have been careful. China have not. The Hainan Incident was an accident, but it was an AVOIDABLE accident. It is not that difficult to find the details of the event and anyone who have flown, like you said you did, would know that it was recklessness on the part of the Chinese pilot that damaged our aircraft and ultimately killed him. Diversion into our supposedly 'apology' is not going to fool anyone.

We have been careful. China have not. The Hainan Incident was an accident, but it was an AVOIDABLE accident. It is not that difficult to find the details of the event and anyone who have flown, like you said you did, would know that it was recklessness on the part of the Chinese pilot that damaged our aircraft and ultimately killed him. Diversion into our supposedly 'apology' is not going to fool anyone.

But Sir good thing is that both parties have kept their cool after that and even now are avoiding direct confrontation. I see visit of USN ship to China a positive step.

Back
Top Bottom