What's new

Coming soon: Bomb-proof Anti-Terrorist Vehicles that also climb stairs

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
atv-1_650_060214122457.jpg

Tracked Anti-terrorist vehicle

Three first-of-its-kind vehicles, designed to help security forces take on terrorists holed up inside buildings and alleys, will be inducted into police and paramilitary forces soon.
Called Anti-Terrorist Vehicles (ATV), these were developed by the Defence Ministry's laboratory in Ahmednagar in Maharashtra on a demand by the Union Home Ministry following the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks that saw days of stand-off between security forces and terrorists hiding inside two hotels after taking hostages.

atv-2_060214121905.jpg

Wheeled low-noised electric Anti-terrorist vehicle

These ATVs, being small in size, are capable of entering narrow corridors, climbing stairs, alleys and buildings, to take on terrorists holed up inside.
Apart from this, each vehicle can carry three fully-equipped anti-terror troopers

atv-3_060214121905.jpg

Wheeled Anti-terrorist vehicle

Besides this, the vehicles are designed to protect troopers from firing from small arms and grenade explosions.
Paramilitary and police forces are currently testing the ATVs before their induction by the end of this year.

The three kinds of vehicles are:

ATV1: Tracked
ATV2: Wheeled low-noise electric
ATV3: Wheeled

Read more at:Coming soon: Bomb-proof Anti-Terrorist Vehicles that also climb stairs : India, News - India Today

LOL!! Is this really 21st century stuff? This looks too crude. Resembles the garbage disposal vehicle we have here, except for the windows!!
As someone who knows about the development of these vehicles let me say this
They are not meant for transport or speed. They are meant to "infiltrate". So maybe in close combat in say a building ( think Taj in mumbai , like 26/11) and you are not sure from where a bullet or grenade will pop out. That is the kind of scenario. That is one reason they have a stair climbing variant.
So they are perfect for their user case.:agree::agree::agree:

LOL!! Is this really 21st century stuff? This looks too crude. Resembles the garbage disposal vehicle we have here, except for the windows!!

Its RAW secret weapon , Its gonna transform into a bad *** robot go all Optimus prime on terrorists :mad:

As someone who knows about the development of these vehicles let me say this
They are not meant for transport or speed. They are meant to "infiltrate". So maybe in close combat in say a building ( think Taj in mumbai , like 26/11) and you are not sure from where a bullet or grenade will pop out. That is the kind of scenario. That is one reason they have a stair climbing variant.
So they are perfect for their user case.:agree::agree::agree:

how do those tires climb stairs , i know tracks can

how do those tires climb stairs , i know tracks can
Well I dont know the exact mechanism. But it was decided through "Student robotics Competition" which was held for three years in a row where it was essentially a race on an obstacle course. And the robot had to climb stares , run on glass etc .
But of the top of my head I think they are 4 wheel drives with the front axel having a bit of play. so when it encounters a stair, they spin very slow (imply high torque) and pull up.
Or maybe they couldn't solve the problem and developed different variant(more likely)

I think its quite innovative.if the front could stop small arms fire,then the terrorists will have a big problem to counter at short range.while the driver will close the gap in any corridor,a gunner could spray bullets and thus,3 soldiers could cross any corridor which is entrenched by terrorists without having casualty.in fact,it could probably break any door by ramming against it.

read this....

Livefist: Unveiled: India's Dinky New Anti-Terror Buggies

Last edited:
Sorry had to laugh hard because of the design :lol:

But as long as it works its great !

If this vehicle can withstand grenades, AK47 bullets and even an RPG, then we are good to go.

I included RPGs because you never know what at these jihadis can bring.

No one thought about 26/11 and it happened.

We need to be double sure next time.

..why they don't use these in J&K ? this will avoid the need to blow the building where the terrorists are holed at.

Back
Top Bottom