What's new

Comic-con India 2013 - Photo review

Cool. I did not even know there's a comic-con in India. Did Raj Koothrapalli attend the Delhi one?

Well, now you know. As for "Rajesh"....no show :P

The express version of comic-con in b'lore
2871_467363153295646_813182682_n.jpg

Have you heard of the SUFI comics ? :)

318418_4659746174751_186788737_n.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

325550_10151252604436554_2143105699_o.jpg

IMG_0029_2.jpg

After 6 months in the making in collaboration with Artist Rahil Mohsin & Master Calligrapher Muqtar Ahmed, we launched the book “Sufi Comics: The Wise Fool of Baghdad” at Comic Con Bangalore. We are very pleased with the final output of the book, it’s one of it’s kind!

About the book

Find Wisdom in Foolishness

What can a man dressed in rags, and ostensibly mad teach us about life? Everything as it turns out. Bahlool who lived in Baghdad, circa the 8th century AD, feigned madness to escape the oppression of the ruling class. Now free of the burden of normalcy he dispensed wisdom in strange and amusing ways.

The Wise Fool of Baghdad is a collection of these true stories, richly illustrated in the Turkish-Iranian miniature style. Every story is followed by sacred verses of the Qur’an and traditional sayings, inscribed in Arabic By Muqtar Ahmed, one of India’s finest Islamic calligraphers.

Get the book. In the crazy times we live in, you’ll probably need a fool to make sense of it all.
@Armstrong @somebozo @muse @Awesome @Oscar @Abu Zolfiqar

If you guys want to grab a copy..head over to comic-con banglore coming up in a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: no. These are just photos ripped of blogs and various sources. But, I did go there. I went for the last year's event as well. I'm not a cosplayer...just an enthusiast.

looks a gud festival,anythin relatd to Comics? wat comic wer u representin there?:unsure:

Thank god the event is not held in Delhi, I wonder what would happen to those pretty girls if it happened in Delhi.

Thank god the event is not held in Delhi, I wonder what would happen to those pretty girls if it happened in Delhi.

It is in Delhi......

Main event in Delhi, express events in Bangalore and Mumbai. Held annually.

Nice pictures. :woot:

This girl with the dagger, is she a Northeast Indian?

I dont know. Maybe.
:lol:

Vids from an American living in Delhi:

Looks like a cool event!

This was in Delhi.

@Foo_Fighter don't buy into all the "Delhi is the worst place on earth for women" even adjusting for underreporting, rapes and assualts against women are incredibly low in Delhi and across India when compared to other parts of the world ie S.America,Africa, N.America and Europe. Yes it is an issue but not the kind of issue the media (both in India and international) have made it out to be. A women is perhaps safer in Delhi than in London,NYC, Stockholm (particuarly high rates here for some reason), Sao Paulo, Mexico city etc etc

Back
Top Bottom