What's new

Comedy/Parody Spy/War movies

garibnawaz

Reaction score
Johnny English

Johnny_English_movie.jpg

Johnny English is a 2003 British comic film parodying the James Bond secret agent genre. It stars Rowan Atkinson (who, two decades earlier, appeared in an unofficial James Bond film - Never Say Never Again) as the incompetent titular British spy, with John Malkovich, Natalie Imbruglia, Tasha de Vasconcelos and Ben Miller in supporting roles. The screenplay was written by Bond writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, with William Davies and the film was directed by Peter Howitt. The film was known by its tagline, He knows no fear, he knows no danger, he knows nothing. The movie grossed a total of $160 million worldwide.

http://www.johnny-english.com/
GB

Hot Shots!

4f0d1e78df19de48b2f0f37b70a23333.jpg

Hot Shots! is a 1991 comedy spoof starring Charlie Sheen, Cary Elwes, Valeria Golino, Lloyd Bridges, Kevin Dunn and Jon Cryer. It was directed by Jim Abrahams.

Hot Shots! Part Deux

0e0fd903b5f67fd2ef6b234c0a25dfac.jpg

Hot Shots! Part Deux is a 1993 comedy spoof film, and a sequel to the 1991 comedy Hot Shots!

GB

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

ad074f608d40c7a103fafe7cb86b63c6.jpg

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery is a 1997 American comedy film that is the first film of the Austin Powers series. It was directed by Jay Roach and written by Mike Myers who also stars in the title role. Myers also plays Dr. Evil, Austin Powers' arch-enemy. The film co-stars Elizabeth Hurley as Vanessa Kensington, Robert Wagner as Number Two, Seth Green as Scott Evil, and Michael York as Basil Exposition. There are cameos by Will Ferrell, Carrie Fisher, Tom Arnold, Rob Lowe, Christian Slater, Neil Mullarkey, and Burt Bacharach, and an uncredited cameo by MADtv star Michael McDonald, among many others.

The film is a parody of the early James Bond films (particularly those starring Sean Connery) as well as other 1960s spy films.

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

c95fbbedeefd3788478bdc0fb714f0c6.jpg

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, released in 1999, is the second film in the Austin Powers series. The series began with Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and continued with Austin Powers in Goldmember. The film was directed by Jay Roach, co-written by Mike Myers and screenwriter Michael McCullers, and once again stars Myers as the title character. Myers also plays Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard.

The film's title is a play on the 1977 Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me and contains plot elements from James Bond films Diamonds Are Forever (Laser Gun Plot and Cloning) , You Only Live Twice (Secret Volcano Base), Moonraker (Outer Space Ventures), The Man with the Golden Gun (Mini Me based on character Nick Nack from Bond film mentioned) and On Her Majesty's Secret Service (opening sequence in which Vanessa Kensington dies).

Austin Powers in Goldmember

3feadc1c4d62d17b4cf4a11f6a2cca61.jpg

Austin Powers in Goldmember is a 2002 American comedy film and the third installment of the Austin Powers series starring Mike Myers in the title role. The movie was directed by Jay Roach, and co-written by Mike Myers and Michael McCullers. Myers also plays the roles of Dr. Evil, Goldmember, and Fat Bastard. The movie co-stars Beyoncé Knowles, Robert Wagner, Seth Green, Michael York, Verne Troyer, Michael Caine, and Fred Savage. There are a number of cameo appearances including Steven Spielberg, Kevin Spacey, Britney Spears, Quincy Jones, Tom Cruise, Katie Couric, Gwyneth Paltrow, John Travolta, Nathan Lane, and The Osbournes.

In a self-parody of the Austin Powers series, there is a film within the film in the opening. Austin Powers is featured in a bio-pic called Austinpussy (a parody of the James Bond film Octopussy) directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise as Austin Powers, Gwyneth Paltrow as Dixie Normous, Kevin Spacey as Dr. Evil, Danny DeVito as Mini-Me, and John Travolta as Goldmember.

Goldmember is a loose parody of the James Bond movies Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice, also incorporating elements of The Spy Who Loved Me and GoldenEye.

GB

Attachments

• ad074f608d40c7a103fafe7cb86b63c6.jpg
    ad074f608d40c7a103fafe7cb86b63c6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 11
Spy Hard

38a48e7f306d3aa215a07524207ff2ba.jpg

Spy Hard is a 1996 comedy/action film starring Leslie Nielsen featuring as secret agent WD-40 Dick Steele,and Nicollette Sheridan, parodying James Bond films and other action films.

GB

Down Periscope
b78332890ce74c6ba22fd0506108461c.jpg

Down Periscope is a 1996 comedy submarine film starring Kelsey Grammer as the captain of the rust-bucket USS Stingray who is fighting for his career. Rob Schneider provides comic support as the uptight executive officer, and Lauren Holly costars as the Navy's first female submarine crewmember. Also featured are Harry Dean Stanton, Bruce Dern, William H. Macy and Rip Torn.

Down Periscope (1996)

-------

I don't know, i like this film

Back
Top Bottom