What's new

Colorized (1945) WWII. War arrives in Germany.

With AI being able to create new frames to smooth the video and add color alot of old footage that was previously crude is now watchable. Several youtube sites are cleaning up old footage.

I keep an eye on this one for pre-1960 footage:

Indians did a fantastic job of colouring the movie "Mughal-E-Azam" starting back in 2002.

(Source) "In 2002, Umar Siddiqui, managing director of the Indian Academy of Arts and Animation (IAAA), proposed to enhance it digitally at a fraction of the cost . . . The entire restoration work was undertaken by Acris Lab, Chennai . . . the sound cleaned at Chace Studio in the United States . . . Siddiqui studied the technology used for the colourisation of black-and-white Hollywood classics . . . the authenticity of the colouring was later verified when a costume used in the film was retrieved from a warehouse . . ."

Indians did a fantastic job of colouring the movie "Mughal-E-Azam" starting back in 2002.

(Source) "In 2002, Umar Siddiqui, managing director of the Indian Academy of Arts and Animation (IAAA), proposed to enhance it digitally at a fraction of the cost . . . The entire restoration work was undertaken by Acris Lab, Chennai . . . the sound cleaned at Chace Studio in the United States . . . Siddiqui studied the technology used for the colourisation of black-and-white Hollywood classics . . . the authenticity of the colouring was later verified when a costume used in the film was retrieved from a warehouse . . ."

oh that's easy..this is where it shines with adding frames and cleaning up the static.

truly amazing

looks like I just did time travel to this time and place

great video

Well as @PaklovesTurkiye said the future is making the past more watchable.

People like to say "But back then yadda yadda". It is nice to be able to view a "back then" to clear misconceptions.

For instance ever think Mexico City was this nice in the 1940's...

I never would have thought that. It's actually looks nicer than most US cities back then. Tons of j-walkers though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom