What's new

Cold shower to private sector from Undersecretary Bayar

Baykuş

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Undersecretary for Defence Industries Murad Bayar made final speech at SinerjiTurk meeting in İzmir. Mr. Bayar’s speech had a cold shower effect on private sector. Mr. Bayar stated that he plans some structural changes for state owned companies in order to become more dynamic. Mr. Bayar named TSKGV foundation companies and Mechanical and Chemical industries institution (MKEK) for such change. Private sector was his second target and Mr Bayat said that he lost his trust to private sector as main holding does not always support his company in financial problem as in the case of BMC. He underlined that they have to come together to discuss future steps as they do not do business in order to provide money to companies but to provide strategic capacities to Turkish Army within Turkey. Mr Bayar stated that they also have some doubts to call private sector to act as main contractor. Answering C4Defence’s questions about his speech Mr. Bayar indicated that he will remain silent and watch discussions for a while.

Undersecretary for Defence Industries Murad Bayar made final speech at SinerjiTurk meeting in İzmir. Mr. Bayar’s speech had a cold shower effect on private sector. Mr. Bayar stated that he plans some structural changes for state owned companies in order to become more dynamic. Mr. Bayar named TSKGV foundation companies and Mechanical and Chemical industries institution (MKEK) for such change. Private sector was his second target and Mr Bayat said that he lost his trust to private sector as main holding does not always support his company in financial problem as in the case of BMC. He underlined that they have to come together to discuss future steps as they do not do business in order to provide money to companies but to provide strategic capacities to Turkish Army within Turkey. Mr Bayar stated that they also have some doubts to call private sector to act as main contractor. Answering C4Defence’s questions about his speech Mr. Bayar indicated that he will remain silent and watch discussions for a while.

I totally agree with Murad BAYAR... Non of businessman should see this sector as a money source in 1st place... This would be so stupid... They should focus on producing the best product that SSM and TSK want... When they do that automaticly these private companies not only be able to sell their products to TSK also they will be able to increase their exports by this way. So best thing to do is listening what Murad BAYAR says !!!...

Mr. Bayar stated that he plans some structural changes for state owned companies in order to become more dynamic. Mr. Bayar named TSKGV foundation companies and Mechanical and Chemical industries institution (MKEK) for such change.
This is actually good news, MKEK needs structural reforms as far as i know.

Apart from BMC, i wonder which companies did a sloppy work ?

Undersecretary for Defence Industries Murad Bayar made final speech at SinerjiTurk meeting in İzmir. Mr. Bayar’s speech had a cold shower effect on private sector. Mr. Bayar stated that he plans some structural changes for state owned companies in order to become more dynamic. Mr. Bayar named TSKGV foundation companies and Mechanical and Chemical industries institution (MKEK) for such change. Private sector was his second target and Mr Bayat said that he lost his trust to private sector as main holding does not always support his company in financial problem as in the case of BMC. He underlined that they have to come together to discuss future steps as they do not do business in order to provide money to companies but to provide strategic capacities to Turkish Army within Turkey. Mr Bayar stated that they also have some doubts to call private
Apart from BMC, i wonder which companies did a sloppy work ?

sector to act as main contractor. Answering C4Defence’s questions about his speech Mr. Bayar indicated that he will remain silent and watch discussions for a while.

I believe that he is talking about the development of the military industrial complex in turkey. Listen to this speech from a fromer u.s president about the development of americas military industrial complex.

I believe that he is talking about the development of the military industrial complex in turkey. Listen to this speech from a fromer u.s president about the development of americas military industrial complex.

He says he is disppointed with the amateurish work done by some of the private companies.

"Özel şirketlerde her zaman aradığımız kaliteyi bulamıyoruz. Özel sektörle çalışmamızı genişletelim dedikçe çok ciddi amatörlüklerle karşılaşmaktayız. Müttehit kültürlü iş sektörümüz var. Bunlar çok fazla sanayi, ar-ge, uzun vadeli yatırımı henüz sermayedarların aklı ermiyor. Bu bizim özel sektöre açılma gayretlerimizde hayal kırıklıkları yarattı. Bazı taze tartışmalarımız ‘bu acaba doğru yöntem değil mi?’ ye doğru götürüyor bizi. Özel sektöre açılmak, ana projelerde entegratör rolleri için söylüyorum. Bizde bir tereddüt oluştu. Bunun en çarpıcı örneğini BMC’de yaşadık. Şirket bir miktar mali zorluğa düştüğü zaman sahibi Türkiye’nin en büyük sermayedarları hemen şirketi ortada bırakıveriyor. Denizcilik sektöründe çok benzer bir yönetsel kalite zafiyetini gördük çalıştığımız bütün oyuncularda. "

Bayar’dan özel sektöre soğuk duş

This BMC issue is a disgrace....... Mehmet Emin KaraMehmet, owner of Turkcell abonded BMC, BMC's debt was like $500 million, nothing for him. I would call this man traitor of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
He says he is disppointed with the amateurish work done my some private companies.

"Özel şirketlerde her zaman aradığımız kaliteyi bulamıyoruz. Özel sektörle çalışmamızı genişletelim dedikçe çok ciddi amatörlüklerle karşılaşmaktayız. Müttehit kültürlü iş sektörümüz var. Bunlar çok fazla sanayi, ar-ge, uzun vadeli yatırımı henüz sermayedarların aklı ermiyor. Bu bizim özel sektöre açılma gayretlerimizde hayal kırıklıkları yarattı. Bazı taze tartışmalarımız ‘bu acaba doğru yöntem değil mi?’ ye doğru götürüyor bizi. Özel sektöre açılmak, ana projelerde entegratör rolleri için söylüyorum. Bizde bir tereddüt oluştu. Bunun en çarpıcı örneğini BMC’de yaşadık. Şirket bir miktar mali zorluğa düştüğü zaman sahibi Türkiye’nin en büyük sermayedarları hemen şirketi ortada bırakıveriyor. Denizcilik sektöründe çok benzer bir yönetsel kalite zafiyetini gördük çalıştığımız bütün oyuncularda. "

Bayar’dan özel sektöre soğuk duş

This BMC issue is a disgrace....... Mehmet Emin KaraMehmet, owner of Turkcell abonded BMC, BMC's debt was like $500 million, nothing for him. I would call this man traitor of the country.
LOL i didn't even read the turkish. I just read what @Baykuş wrote.

this part is what made me think about the military industrial complex:
He underlined that they have to come together to discuss future steps as they do not do business in order to provide money to companies but to provide strategic capacities to Turkish Army within Turkey.

Last edited:
Maybe it could help if the private: non private defence firms find in organization (TDIO- Turkey Defence Industry Organisation :) ). So, Minister Bayar could definition some stardarts and needings of TSK. Also, the defence industry can help each other in some ways.

@Baykuş

BMC dahili oldugun Grup yüzünden batti , kazandigi Paralari Salaklar Turkcele göndermis.

Tabii Borcunu ödücen Parayi salaklar baska yere gönderirse Batarsin.

Hayir BMC batirmak icinde gercekten gerizekali olmak lazim ,yani bende tercih hakki olsaydi ben Turkceli batiridim.

BMC Kamyon , Otobüs ,Kirpi vesaire hepsini yapiyor bide Yabanci Ülkelere satiyor ayricada alici kitlesi büyük.

Maybe it could help if the private: non private defence firms find in organization (TDIO- Turkey Defence Industry Organisation :) ).

Already exists.... Savunma Sanayii İmalatçılar Derneği | Defence Industry Manufacturers Association

So, Minister Bayar could definition some stardarts and needings of TSK.

Standarts of the Turkish army is crystal clear. That's why, we have seen delays in some projects, including A-400M Turkish Aviation Programs-News Update !!! | Page 27

Turkish defence sector is new, firms will get matured as the time passes.

That said, can you tell us about the German defence firms ?

Private companies, foundation companies (with military), state owned companies ? Which model are you following ?

Already exists.... Savunma Sanayii İmalatçılar Derneği | Defence Industry Manufacturers Association

Standarts of the Turkish army is crystal clear. That's why, we have seen delays in some projects, including A-400M Turkish Aviation Programs-News Update !!! | Page 27

Turkish defence sector is new, firms will get matured as the time passes.

That said, can you tell us about the German defence firms ?

Private companies, foundation companies (with military), state owned companies ? Which model are you following ?

We have many defence firms and many ones who are not direct defence firms but pruduce equipents for arms (for example zeiss optic). I am folling private companies, like Diel, H&K, KMW....

Back
Top Bottom