What's new

COAS inaugurates new blocks at CMH Rawalpindi

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
COAS inaugurates new blocks at CMH Rawalpindi
With enhanced capacity of 1,150 beds, as many as 5,000 patients can now be treated daily at hospital's OPD

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa inaugurated the new blocks, a project that commenced in 2013, at the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Rawalpindi

After completion of the project, the CMH has become a 1,000-bed hospital with a capacity of 1,150 beds, according to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR)

With the enhanced capacity and addition of high-tech equipment, as many as 5,000 patients would be treated daily at the hospital’s OPD. The hospital would cater for medical needs of military as well as civilian personnel.

It is worth mentioning here that the CMH Rawalpindi has now become one of the state-of-art hospitals which would act as a ‘Base Hospital’ not only for Army but for Air Force and Navy also, the statement

1952186-coascmhx-1555421553.jpg

I think its about time, all CMH's of all service should be put together under the Joint Chief's office and they should handle it all under one roof, would take care of redundancies in facilities provided plus would offer the same facilities to all serving/retired personnel. Would also help to manage civilian intake

I think its about time, all CMH's of all service should be put together under the Joint Chief's office and they should handle it all under one roof, would take care of redundancies in facilities provided plus would offer the same facilities to all serving/retired personnel. Would also help to manage civilian intake
Currently the heads of all CMH's across Pakistan are controlled by Surgeon General who in turn reports to COAS. I dont see anything inefficient in that.

including the Airforce and Navy CMH's?

Airforce and Navy Hospitals are separate and are located in every district where there is Airforce/naval community ie. Shorkot, Pasni etc.

While CMH are intended for all the three forces but are normally commanded by AMC officers (A two star general from Army).

I guess this new block is for pilots that DGISPR mentions :)

In memory of Abhinandan:: Abhinandan Psychiatry ward to cure hallucinations, to prevent foreign pilots to cease claiming kills with all missile intact.

Back
Top Bottom