What's new

Coalition Support Fund - A Reality

nescafe

Reaction score
Dear Readers,

i am sharing a united states department of state web page which has details about ESF/CSF (2001 - 2007). i am also sharing a page from my scribd account which contains information about CSF from (2002 - 2011).

according to both reports , pakistan has received CSF of 9 billion $ from US. all amount received.

along with this CSF, we had another 9 billion $ as part of ESF for development projects excluding 7.5 billion for kerry lugar bill.

now, my questions are simple,

1. did we have a need to accept CSF because we were "pushed" in "americas war" accidently and by "surprise". there was no war in pakistan untill bajaur operation in 2004 was started.ironically , we even consumed CSF before 2004.

2. did pakistan took the money as a bribe to develop its military. we might have sacrifised a few thousand lives on both sides, but we achieved a breathing space. the breathing space and time in which we developed our air superiority, our nuclear deterance and trained our infantry.

the links are following,

1. US department of state webpage

Chapter 5 -- 5.2. Support for Pakistan

2. ESF , CSF support on scribd.

pakaid

thanks,

Dear Readers,

i am sharing a united states department of state web page which has details about ESF/CSF (2001 - 2007). i am also sharing a page from my scribd account which contains information about CSF from (2002 - 2011).

according to both reports , pakistan has received CSF of 9 billion $ from US. all amount received.

along with this CSF, we had another 9 billion $ as part of ESF for development projects excluding 7.5 billion for kerry lugar bill.

now, my questions are simple,

1. did we have a need to accept CSF because we were "pushed" in "americas war" accidently and by "surprise". there was no war in pakistan untill bajaur operation in 2004 was started.ironically , we even consumed CSF before 2004.

2. did pakistan took the money as a bribe to develop it military. we might have sacrifised a few thousand lives on both sides, but we achieved a breathing space. the breathing space and time in which we developed our air superiority, our nuclear deterance and trained our infantry.

the links are following,

1. US department of state webpage

Chapter 5 -- 5.2. Support for Pakistan

2. ESF , CSF support on scribd.

pakaid

thanks,

Its COALITION SUPPORT FUND (CSF) and not Collision Support Fund!

it didnt happen that way, accept it, we are screwed...now its no time to cry. cant change it buddy ! can we get out of American designs and influence without breaking apart with them...? is the REAL QUESTION !!

$2 billion missing from Coalition Support Fund

$2 billion missing from Coalition Support Fund

ISLAMABAD: The Congressional Research Service (CRS), the $100 million, 900-employee public policy research arm of the United States Congress, claims that direct overt U.S. aid and military reimbursements to Pakistan over FY2002-FY2010 have amounted to a colossal $20.6 billion.
Of the $20.6 billion, security related aid disbursed amounted to $14.2 billion and economy related $6.4 billion.
Of the total security related disbursements of $14.2 billion, reimbursements under Coalition Support Fund (CSF), a Pentagon funding to reimburse Pakistan for its support of U.S. military operations, are said to be $8.8 billion.
At the receiving end, sources at the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) claim that the U.S. government was billed a total of $13 billion of which the army’s share was $10 billion. Of the $13 billion, the Government of Pakistan (GOP) has received $6.9 billion. For all intents and purposes, $2 billion of Coalition Support Funding has managed to disappear in thin air (the U.S. claims it has sent $8.8 billion while GOP has received $6.9 billion).
The Inter-Services Public Relations further claims that of the $6.9 billion sent in by the U.S. for the use of Pak Army a total of $1.9 billion was disbursed to the Army while GOP used $5 billion for budgetary support (and development).
On the economy-related side of disbursements, the Congressional Research Service claims that the U.S. has sent in a total of $6.4 billion or a hefty Rs500 billion. Of the $6.4 billion, close to $5 billion was disbursed under Economic Support Funds and $650 million under International Disaster Assistance (Pakistani earthquake, flood, and internally displaced persons relief).
If the Inter-Services Public Relations is right then the GOP owes the army at least Rs400 billion. If the Congressional Research Service is right then GOP must be held accountable for a wholesome $6.4 billion or Rs550 billion. And if an ordinary Pakistani had his say then he wants to hold the army accountable for what has been happening since May 2 before the army is given an additional rupee.

Back
Top Bottom