What's new

CM of Punjab, and his performance...

no i mentioned 'your highlighted sentence, it was grammar mistake

dictatorship with a guy like hazrat umar, i might, but dictatorship of a corrupt guy, it is even worse than corrupt democracy

also there was no need to waste millions of dollars money on cheap activities like youth festival, inviting japanese wrestler and etc because when people are crying for basic things then dont waste money on these pity things like these, there are many hospitals with basic facilities in punjab, a rat devourced a poor new born face shows the basic need for punjab people, shahbaz shareef just did his publicity for such pity things

I think Laptop was waste of money, but Punjab Youth Festival was good, energetic.. Bring lots of smiles, and proud for Pakistan.. And most important, it bring many new professionals close to business man, with their idea... and scholarships, new jobs, so many things.. looks like you didn't follow Punjab Youth Festival.. Any how, yes Punjab needs more hospitals in rural areas not in main cities, they are not getting over populated... But education is one thing where SS should be concentrating more... New university, research labs, and especially new concept into the Punjab.. He should concentrate more on energy shortage, but this time he shouldn't concentrate on the government, and should take charge on this... bring more industry to Punjab... Raise agriculture university level back to what they were before... new technology involvement into crops.. He should complete this computerizing land project as soon as possible, since this is a total mess... He should also try to find more security solutions, like cctv everywhere, camera on signals, improve police processes... so much... I have ....

overall Good Job, but still "sitaron se aggay jahan or b hain"

- Its entertainment as an election policy (to keep 'youth' occupied). Sad, I know but its politics.

- Southern Punjab has genuine grievances but look at their electoral preferences. I support new provinces on administrative lines and believe me southern Punjab won't be getting anywhere till it keeps on voting in peers and gaddi nasheens (they are exact opposite of progressive thought and far worse then feudals)

- The greatest achievement of PMLN has been to allow PPP to complete its tenure. People will judge PPP on its performance and decide whether to vote them again or not. PMLN indulgence in ousting PPP will result in flaming hatred b/w Sindh and Punjab which will be far more destructive for nation in the long run.

- The idea that PMLN supporters or PPP supporters will keep on voting them due to some racial preference or pride is downright elitist. People vote in self interest if PMLN has been unable to win in Sindh its the failure of their election campaigns, the day they are able to convince Sindhis that they can provide better results Sindhis will vote for them.

- Its entertainment as an election policy (to keep 'youth' occupied). Sad, I know but its politics.

- Southern Punjab has genuine grievances but look at their electoral preferences. I support new provinces on administrative lines and believe me southern Punjab won't be getting anywhere till it keeps on voting in peers and gaddi nasheens (they are exact opposite of progressive thought and far worse then feudals)

- The greatest achievement of PMLN has been to allow PPP to complete its tenure. People will judge PPP on its performance and decide whether to vote them again or not. PMLN indulgence in ousting PPP will result in flaming hatred b/w Sindh and Punjab which will be far more destructive for nation in the long run.

- The idea that PMLN supporters or PPP supporters will keep on voting them due to some racial preference or pride is downright elitist. People vote in self interest if PMLN has been unable to win in Sindh its the failure of their election campaigns, the day they are able to convince Sindhis that they can provide better results Sindhis will vote for them.

Southern Punjab is Zardari's game to gain votes in the elections and to strengthen feudal lords. I do not support it to become a province because if one has to say about feudals in specific, its the only part of Punjab that holds it and in my opinion it would become just another rural Sindh and Balochistan. Since PML-N is in power, what needs to happen is they need to spend a fortune on education and development so they could dissolve the power of these lifelong elite ruling classes. The Sharifs are themselves one such, but the difference is they are businessmen which means when they leave the local government, they would be recognized as random as any other person living.

The idea that PMLN supporters or PPP supporters will keep on voting them due to some racial preference or pride is downright elitist. People vote in self interest if PMLN has been unable to win in Sindh its the failure of their election campaigns, the day they are able to convince Sindhis that they can provide better results Sindhis will vote for them.
I highly doubt that....no matter what happens. PPP will always win from interior sindh. Because both the candidate and pro-PPP sentiment can not be countered no matter how bad PPP performs. Every party based in sindh derives most of its support based on the ethnically driven politics and their consistent success with their political agendas testifies the immense ethnic polarization of Sindh. I fear that some day, God forbid, a civil war may break out as Sindh has become a ticking time bomb of ethnic tensions ready to go off at any time. (Especially in Karachi)

i think he deserves more, still is better then all of the CMs we got!

I highly doubt that....no matter what happens. PPP will always win from interior sindh. Because both the candidate and pro-PPP sentiment can not be countered no matter how bad PPP performs. Every party based in sindh derives most of its support based on the ethnically driven politics and their consistent success with their political agendas testifies the immense ethnic polarization of Sindh. I fear that some day, God forbid, a civil war may break out as Sindh has become a ticking time bomb of ethnic tensions ready to go off at any time. (Especially in Karachi)
simple solutions?
create more provinces!

Back
Top Bottom