What's new

Clean Nuclear Power (Thorium, Th, 90)

Why are Indians hijacking this thread??? This is about Sino-Pakistani cooperation on thorium
Molten salt reactors. Nothing to do with your country.

There isn't anything clean in Nuclear Reactor. Thorium may well exceed the time limit of refuelling cycle & thereby reducing the amount of Nuclear Waste but still ain't Clean though relatively yes.

2-21-2012_168911_1.gif

I am hopeful that unlike the PAEC the KRL engineers and scientist might be working on it and the GoP must support them in this regards. I wish that the KRL should open up some of its facilities in Balochistan as well as in upper Western Sindh too.

Does Pakistan have a substantial reserve of Thorium? Is there a plan for Thorium cycle in Pakistan Civilian Nuclear Policy?

Wow. This must be the first major Industry where India and China are taking the lead. Asia is coming of age. :)
Probably you should first ask "why west or US hasn't taken the lead". The thorium reactors produce minimal nuclear fuel (enriched Urinium) as their by product. AFAIK, US also used thorium based reaction, but they abandoned it for the very reason.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Does Pakistan have a substantial reserve of Thorium? Is there a plan for Thorium cycle in Pakistan Civilian Nuclear Policy?
Well we havent heard anything as such, the only new facility being built is a plotonium reactor at khoshab.

In this way there will no more diplated uranium left or any kind of nuclear waste material as all that can be utilized to generate electricity, I am hopeful that ALLAH will going to provide the chance to AQ Khan to again prove his abilities by ALLAH's blessings. I am sure that AQ Khan will also going to spread the KRL facilities to the province of Balochistan as well in North-Western Sindh too. Ameen.

Back
Top Bottom