What's new

City in China learn from new delhi to build its BRT!!

Götterdämmerung;3917738 said:
Just look at the pics and compare them to Delhi and you see the reasons. Xiamen, a rather unknown second tier city is more modern and developed than capital city of India. Now you see the huge chip on his shoulder.

i love this city, its poetic landscape,comfortable pace of life,warm climate.much better than big cities.
i had been there 3 years ago and had a experience of its BRT, very nice feeling.

Just look at the pics and compare them to Delhi and you see the reasons. Xiamen, a rather unknown second tier city is more modern and developed than capital city of India. Now you see the huge chip on his shoulder.

Delhi has one of the most advanced metro systems , airport metro express , several railways terminals , a modern airport that handles 35+million passengers , u/c monorail. Xiamen is no way more modern than Delhi. But yes it is quite good given its size. XIamen can be compare to Indian cities like Ahmedabad in size. Below are the pics of Ahmedabad.and Ahmedabad has an international airport , a very successful BRT , u/c metro system and a riverfront set to become India's SIngapore or Frankfurt i.e. global finance hub. I know Indian cities have a long way to go to reach the level of their Chinese counterparts but we are trying really hard to fill that gap.

Ahmedabad_BRTS.jpg

7944313596_9f18df2336_z.jpg

800px-View_of_Sabarmati_Riverfront%2C_Ahmedabad.jpg

beautiful-evening-@-sabarmati-riverfront.jpg

15gh3.jpg

Delhi has one of the most advanced metro systems , airport metro express , several railways terminals , a modern airport that handles 35+million passengers , u/c monorail. Xiamen is no way more modern than Delhi. But yes it is quite good given its size. XIamen can be compare to Indian cities like Ahmedabad in size. Below are the pics of Ahmedabad.and Ahmedabad has an international airport , a very successful BRT , u/c metro system and a riverfront set to become India's SIngapore or Frankfurt i.e. global finance hub. I know Indian cities have a long way to go to reach the level of their Chinese counterparts but we are trying really hard to fill that gap.

For Indian standards it may seem advanced until you have visited Chinese second and third tier cities. Look at the metro/monrail systems and airports of Nanjing, Hangzhou, Chongqing or Chendgu, all second tier cities and they will blow you away, even from European perspective.

Götterdämmerung;3918070 said:
For Indian standards it may seem advanced until you have visited Chinese second and third tier cities. Look at the metro/monrail systems and airports of Nanjing, Hangzhou, Chongqing or Chendgu, all second tier cities and they will blow you away, even from European perspective.

I know that Indian cities are behind CHinese.. I ve mentioned that but if you are talking about AIRPORTS AND METRO SYSTEMS then we are at par with Chinese in atleast the first criteria , latter is still under implementation, the smallest city to get a METRO SYSTEM is Kochi (600,000). Now coming to the airports I will post pics of airports of Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.

Lucknow(2.6 mil)
Lucknow-airport645__906190671.jpg

Ahmedabad(5 mil)
Ahmedabad_Airport_Terminal_2.jpg

now this is an the airport terminal of Aurangabad, a city so small that it doesn't even appear on Tier classification

19836858.jpg

LEgw1228471214.jpg

India is behind China in :

1.Power- 10 years
2.Roads- 10years
3.Ports -15years
4.Airports-0 years
5.Mobile Phones- India is ahead of China in Mobile phone penetration
6.Quality of Life-20 years
7.GDP- 10 years

Very nice pics bro.. City and infrastructure is very good..
I wish i could give you 100 likes per pics.. :)

Disagree mate. Delhi is much more developed than this city. And has transportation links better than this city.

On an overall level I would agree with you that Indian cities are not as developed as Chinese cities. China has done phenomenal work in its infrastructure sector, and we are trying to catch up.

Disagree mate. Delhi is much more developed than this city. And has transportation links better than this city.

On an overall level I would agree with you that Indian cities are not as developed as Chinese cities. China has done phenomenal work in its infrastructure sector, and we are trying to catch up.

hehe. it is hard to accept that someone say an unkown 2nd tier china city is better than your capital world class city in infrastructure, isn't it?
don't worry. xiamen is only a small city compared to delhi,one sixth population,half airline passenger flow.
it is even not in top 50 cities of china (GDP), only about 250 billion RMB in 2011 .(i don't know how much is delhi's, maybe much bigger )

I know that Indian cities are behind CHinese.. I ve mentioned that but if you are talking about AIRPORTS AND METRO SYSTEMS then we are at par with Chinese in atleast the first criteria , latter is still under implementation, the smallest city to get a METRO SYSTEM is Kochi (600,000). Now coming to the airports I will post pics of airports of Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.

1.Power- 10 years
2.Roads- 10years
3.Ports -15years
4.Airports-0 years
7.GDP- 10 years

Kunming Airport
201208080255306354.jpg

201208080300531278.jpg

201208080311391820.jpg

Hefei Airport (still under construction)
3-2.jpg

1210241058dffffd8b05cbc681.jpg

Hangzhou Airport
Hangzhou-Xiaoshan-International-Airport-Hangzhou-PRC-3-799.jpg

Chengdu Airport
205324x0vf8v3fq86vigq0.jpg

Now metros in lesser known cities

Wuhan Metro
Photo_1220_44a.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

Chongqing Monorail (the biggest in the world)
k1i00c6d0f0.jpg

Hangzhou Metro
2841_209800_841676.jpg

Xi'an Metro
001372d8a6fe0fcebd3346.JPG

Suzhou Metro
attachment-42.jpg

And the many cool and hyper futuristic train stations ... I don't think, I need to post them.

Well, ok ... one, my favourite:
tianjin_west_railway_station_g241011_12.jpg

Lucknow(2.6 mil)
Lucknow-airport645__906190671.jpg

Ahmedabad(5 mil)
Ahmedabad_Airport_Terminal_2.jpg

now this is an the airport terminal of Aurangabad, a city so small that it doesn't even appear on Tier classification

19836858.jpg

LEgw1228471214.jpg

India is behind China in :

1.Power- 10 years
2.Roads- 10years
3.Ports -15years
4.Airports-0 years
7.GDP- 10 years

and china will be waiting for indians to catch them :P btw what i have read chinese have made more then 100 new cities for its population moving from rural to urban areas . indian cant be compared with china you should stick to India vs pakistan thingy :P

url

article-1339536-0C859404000005DC-176_634x475.jpg

url

ordos2.jpg

CHINA-GHOST-TOWNS-in-Chenggong.jpg

.jpg

ordos-china-ghost-town-main.jpg

Massive number of chinese Cities waiting for their residents , chinese are planning for next 100 years they are really clever :D

A good thread turned into "whose daddy strongest" competition :hitwall:

and china will be waiting for indians to catch them :P btw what i have read chinese have made more then 100 new cities for its population moving from rural to urban areas . indian cant be compared with china you should stick to India vs pakistan thingy :P

CHina has huge cash reserves that could be mobilized to create impressive infrastructure which is the main reason behind China's abnormally high growth rate in recent years. India has ambitious programs to cope with rapid urbanization. you probably don't know how Indian government is collaborating with Japan's to make new cities to accommodate rising urban population. NCR or Naional Capital Region has witness cities sprung up in last decade like Noida,G.Noida , Gurgaon .. private players are actively constructing huge urban sprawls to the accommodate new urban population.I can a zillion pics to prove that but sorry we are not the boastful kind . we have this one thread and we stick to that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom