What's new

Circumcision: Undisputed Health benefits says AAP

sex would be better after circumcise as under the foreskin the area gives more pleasure as i know .

You answered me. BTW, the foreskin peels back and you can clean it with water too, provided water is there. The reason the foreskin is there is to prevent those sex nerve ends on the penis glans (the "head" of the penis) from rubbing against other surfaces and loose their sensitivity over time.

all of the prophet allah sends have had their genital circumcised and as majority of world population are follower of holy books Judaism Christianity Islam they are all circumcise and not having any problem.

now, religion is why you are answering it. Letting science prove it today how right they were in the middle of a desert in 6th century and before. self confirmation huh ?

You know, we Indians never really ran out of water except in the thar desert. We can wash it regularly and keep it clean, and enjoy better sex at it too. :enjoy:

Last edited:
Circumcision: Undisputed Health Benefits, Pediatricians Say

Published August 27, 2012

Fox News Latino

baby%20feet%20latino.jpg

CHICAGO – Circumcision seems to be the way to go.
The health benefits of circumcision in newborn boys outweigh any risks and insurance companies should pay for it, the nation's most influential pediatricians group says.

In its latest policy statement on circumcision, a procedure that has been declining nationwide, the American Academy of Pediatrics moves closer to an endorsement but says the decision should be up to parents."It's not a verdict from on high," said policy co-author Dr. Andrew Freedman. "There's not a one-size-fits-all-answer." But from a medical standpoint, circumcision's benefits in reducing risk of disease outweigh its small risks, said Freedman, a pediatric urologist in Los Angeles.

Recent research bolstering evidence that circumcision reduces chances of infection with HIV and other sexually spread diseases, urinary tract infections and penis cancer influenced the academy to update their 13-year-old policy.

Their old stance said potential medical benefits were not sufficient to warrant recommending routinely circumcising newborn boys. The new one says, "The benefits of newborn male circumcision justify access to this procedure for those families who choose it." The academy also says pain relief stronger than a sugar-coated pacifier is essential, usually an injection to numb the area.The federal Centers for Disease Control and Convention has estimated circumcision costs range from about $200 to $600 nationwide. Coverage varies among insurers and several states have stopped Medicaid funding for circumcision.

"Some 18 states have eliminated Medicaid coverage for circumcision, a trend that could contribute to rising health care costs to treat infections if circumcision rates continue to decline, according to a study published Aug. 20 in Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine.

Read more: Circumcision: Undisputed Health Benefits, Pediatricians Say | Fox News Latino

Circumcision

For those naively interpreting this as a resounding endorsement by the medical profession of some regressive cultural practice verging on child abuse, I have highlighted the only relevant bits from the article.

For some background, Paediatrics is amongst the worst paid and least desirable medical specialties in the US and AAP is peddling this propaganda in the hope that insurance funded circumcisions would do for them (and their pockets) what mandatory sigmoidoscopies did for the Gastroenterologists..

Last edited:
so,the foreskin war continues :p:
I wud also like to opine on the matter,,,

circumcision has its benefits(penile carcinoma,case in point)
about its benefits in HIV,HPV infections,,well I am not convinced.
although everyone here talked about it, incidentally nobody discussed a important aspect.
cutting the foreskin with a 7'o clock shaving blade or bamboo blade(used by muslims in NE India),without analgesia,n in a unhygienic environment,,n all gharelu nuskhe's are not comparable with medical circumcision.

medical circumcision is a planned procedure most of the time,n is done in routine/regular OT's(not emergency OT)
now,I dont know about other countries,but let me tell u about India,here OT time is very precious (n for routine OT its like gold dust).
patients have to get in que to get time in OT.
for ex. Patients who r to undergo a laparascopic cholecystectomy or a inguinal hernioplasty has to wait 2-3 months to get himself under the blade.(yup we need more hospitals,doctors n staff)
mostly it is little boys who r circumcisied,,,
now imagine a 5yr old,who knows he is gonna be under the blade,,,n imagine the ruckus he makes in pre op.
kisi tarah behla ke fusla ke,godi me,,OT le jana padta hae.
after that come anaesthesia,,actually the surgeon needs half an hour at most for d procedure,,so a spinal block shud have sufficed,,,but(yes the big but),,dont expect the kid to sit tight,motionless for the anaesthetist to administer spinal anaesthesia,,,
what do we do now,,,bacche ko shant karne ke liye,,we either use inhalational agents(sevoflurane) or iv agents(propofol),,while the kid is under effect of these agents,,a sacral block is administered,n only after which the surgeon can proceed.
post op me kya hota hae,,wo khud soch lo.
what I am trying to say is,,,why all this ,,,just use soap liberally n OT time bhi bacha,aur itni magaz mari bhi nai.

Back
Top Bottom