What's new

CIA gets Indian-origin CTO Nand Mulchandani.

Now they have to defy the Indian success so some story has to be made. Parheps, he may be identifying himsef as an Infian in west but chest thumping requires other narrative on forum. We should respect his hard efforts anyhow.

You don't have to buy my story. Find an Indian engineer or scientist who worked in the US for some years, and if he's honest enough and not blinded by nationalism then you will hear the same thing.

Last edited:
Cool story bro
Picture yourself being from nation with its capital being among the worst places to live on this planet
Liveability Index: Dhaka fourth least livable city in world

Naturally, products of above migrating outside end up like this
UK
Characteristics of group-based child sexual exploitation in the community: literature review (accessible version)

they found that the offenders in these cases were often Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Afghani and White

USA
1652630052150.png

Instinctive coping mechanism for the above is its all local nation's fault, the ones previewed to be successful are slave of local

The Indian man's burden is going to be alot of effort for culturing

CIA assassinates it's own country's Presidents when they deviates from the prescribed agenda, what makes you all think this IT coolie will make CIA change it's policy course.
What makes you think it wants to? If what I read on PDF is correct, then the CIA is already doing everything that it should to help matters along.
I have lived half my life in the West, I had studied and worked with people from all across the globe, including IIT graduates (yes, your Gods), and I can tell, for a fact, that Indians are not higher IQ, on average, than East Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Japs, Vietnamese), Europeans, Russians, Iranians or Turks.

Western institutions appoint Indians to important positions, positions that are typically occupied by fellow Whites, because:
* They don't feel threatened by Indians. That is, 0 respect for the Indian race.
* They know they can win 1.5 billion hearts by appointing a handful of individuals to significant posts.
* 1.5 Indians start thinking that West values Indians, which makes it easier to generate political will within India to align India with Western interests in a rapidly developing Asia where Western hegemony is likely to face challenges in the coming days.
* It's very similar to awarding Miss World/Universe to Indian women multiple times despite the fact there's no scarcity of pretty and smart women in Europe, North America, East or West Asia. They pamper low IQ Indians with particular goals in mind.
Exaggerated, and in part illogical, but worth reading.

The only thing Indians are best in is subservience.
IF I had been a fanboy, this is where I would have burst out into a series of jeers about some people burning, about the need for - Chitrol, is it? about the need to calm down desperately insecure people, and so on. Fortunately for you, I am not. I won't say these things.

Appreciate the 2nd half. :tup:
No, no, don't misunderstand me. I understand your exasperation, facing a very usual smug Indian attitude that venerates the Indian way of life with no logic behind it, but the fact is that what we have seen is NOT the norm among Indians overseas, but those brave souls who have actually broken away from the chains of their upbringing and learnt how to think in innovative ways. Exactly the opposite of what some of us seem to be preaching.

Statistically, if you have ten cases to examine, finding an innovator who is an innovator in contradiction to his upbringing is rare, if not non-existent. When we look at a hundred cases, the probability inches up. When we have a million, you will see that there are serious chances of these rare birds turning up.

That is what is happening.

but those brave souls who have actually broken away from the chains of their upbringing and learnt how to think in innovative ways.

Well that's one way to look at it. But then this begs the question, that other Indians have been pointing out too, why not appoint Chinese or WANA origin people who have broken away from the chains of their upbringing? It's just another way of projecting soft power in our part of the world.

Picture yourself being from nation with its capital being among the worst places to live on this planet
Liveability Index: Dhaka fourth least livable city in world

Naturally, products of above migrating outside end up like this
UK
Characteristics of group-based child sexual exploitation in the community: literature review (accessible version)

USA
View attachment 844230

Instinctive coping mechanism for the above is its all local nation's fault, the ones previewed to be successful are slave of local

The Indian man's burden is going to be alot of effort for culturing

90% Bangladeshi immigrants in the US ended up there via diversity lottery visa. This includes rickshaw walas and tea sellers, I assure you (appeared in the newspaper).

Most Indians end up in the US via H1b. Others are 2nd/3rd generation whose ancestors migrated via H1b. Indians get 80% of H1b.

So when you compare US Indians and US Bangladeshis, you are comparing completely different demographics - laborers and street shopkeepers from BD who didn't study beyond high school vs. Indian engineers and doctors.

Well that's one way to look at it. But then this begs the question, that other Indians have been pointing out too, why not appoint Chinese or WANA origin people who have broken away from the chains of their upbringing? It's just another way of projecting soft power in our part of the world.
I wonder.

There is clearly a cultural salience.

If these had been fellows working in the Indian market before they landed up there, the answer's clear. In 40 years of management experience, I've found it's an asymmetric proposition.

Someone who can do business in India can do business very well abroad, if he loses certain very pronounced Indian bad habits.
Someone who can do business abroad CANNOT do business in India.

I wonder.

There is clearly a cultural salience.

If these had been fellows working in the Indian market before they landed up there, the answer's clear. In 40 years of management experience, I've found it's an asymmetric proposition.

Someone who can do business in India can do business very well abroad, if he loses certain very pronounced Indian bad habits.
Help me with this.

Push it a little more.

What seems to be happening?

Someone who can manage chaos can manage order (culture being the one obstacle to overcome). Someone used to order cannot handle chaos. Maybe that's what's happening?

Someone who can manage chaos can manage order (culture being the one obstacle to overcome). Someone used to order cannot handle chaos. Maybe that's what's happening?
Wish I'd thought of that!

That was deadly. I'm copying it shamelessly.

Yes, that is pithy and to the point. But why Indians and not WANA?

If we take your insight and probe, India has significantly more chaos than China or WANA.

But that's anecdotally true, isn't it?

Wish I'd thought of that!

That was deadly. I'm copying it shamelessly.

Yes, that is pithy and to the point. But why Indians and not WANA?

If we take your insight and probe, India has significantly more chaos than China or WANA.

But that's anecdotally true, isn't it?

I see what you're doing there.

The person in question, Nand Mulchandani, though, spent his entire career life (and university life) in the US, so he is not exposed to Indian work or business culture. The analogy don't quite apply here. Unless you're suggesting high school toughened him up.

I see what you're doing there.

The person in question, Nand Mulchandani, though, spent his entire career life (and university life) in the US, so he is not exposed to Indian work or business culture. The analogy don't quite apply here. Unless you're suggesting high school toughened him up.
No, I'm thinking maybe our social and familial fabric is that kind.

Hey, I'm using your arguments to make my case; what could be fairer than that? You can't complain; you MUSTN'T complain.

Back
Top Bottom