What's new

Chip supplier says China will struggle to develop advanced technology

I respect your honesty on all posts. I agree China will be able to achieve wonders, they need another decade, and in many technologies China is already on par with the west.

As Peking researchers recently noted, China is behind the US in most technologies, equal in few, and ahead in very few.

Chinese learned to develop microprocessor from the British.

Now they can develop their own microprocessor and continue to advance at their own pace.

You lost the plot, son.
No, ARM is just the instructions set architecture, it has nothing to do with the actual fabrication of chips. It is just a conceptual blueprint, not even the physical blueprint so to speak.

UK's most advanced fabs are 200 mm working on 180 nm process. State of the art for 1998 or so.

As Peking researchers recently noted, China is behind the US in most technologies, equal in few, and ahead in very few.
Chinese are very modest. Let me translate:

"Hopeless" = behind
"Behind" = at parity
"At parity" = ahead
"Ahead" = overwhelming advantage

What is so special about this process,and why China lacks it right now??

It's the reverse engineering problem.

Despite you can do the same thing, you need to do it differently because of the patent issue.

Up until 10.years ago, I wouldn't even imagine an American worrying about us. Lol.

I remembered th weest saying we cant

1) make a jet engine
2) build cars
3) build satellites
4) send a man to spaxe
5) make chip equipments
6) make aircraft carriers
7) make railguns
8) make has turbines
9) make medical equipment
10) make robots
11) make industrial controllers
12) xray machines

Few points:

1/ Most of the demand is in trailing edge processes.

2/ China is already nearing full supply chain independence including immersion lithography that should be good up-to 10nm and even 7nm.

3/ New process roll out is slowing down as we are reaching atomic scales. That would allow China to catch-up.

Back
Top Bottom