What's new

chinese withdrawal

That is exactly what the Chinese wanted, for the Indians to admit that the area is disputed territory. By having a mutual withdrawal, instead of withdrawing after a Chinese retreat, they've admitted that China has a legitimate claim to the area in question.

Don't be so naive and defensive to believe that India didn't lose anything in the confrontation, in fact the Indians lost the right to say that the area is Indian 100%.

lols do you even know the history of those areas?? Or just bull$hitting whatever comes in mind??
Since Indian Independence India a china both armies patrol in those 20 km corridore as it was claimed by both since then..we had no issue with that and vice versa but no one built any camp there as it would be a clear provocation. But this time chinese built camps and so did India. And atlast China went back leaving their tents....and also India didn't even agree upon any demands which chinese sought. Thus its a clear victory for us.

lols do you even know the history of those areas?? Or just bull$hitting whatever comes in mind??
Since Indian Independence India a china both armies patrol in those 20 km corridore as it was claimed by both since then..we had no issue with that and vice versa but no one built any camp there as it would be a clear provocation. But this time chinese built camps and so did India. And atlast China went back leaving their tents....and also India didn't even agree upon any demands which chinese sought. Thus its a clear victory for us.

I dont think he understands what has happened there. He just wants to show his loyalty of cheerleading to china. so all your efforts will go in vein.

May be they are more chinese than the chinese themselves lol

No deal with China on border dispute, India says

BEIJING/NEW DELHI: A day after India and China ended their three-week long face-off in Ladakh, the Indian government said on Monday there was no "deal" with China.

The govt also confirmed that the "stand-off incident" has been resolved but did not mention whether the status quo in the sector as it existed prior to April 15 will be restored or not.

Dismissing speculation of any "deal" while resolving the situation, government sources said the two sides have only agreed to sit and talk about the peace and tranquillity along the line of actual control (LAC) while restoring to the status quo in the sector.

Meanwhile, China stopped short of acknowledging that it's troops, which had intruded 19 kms into Indian territory, were going back to position prior to April 15 but said the "stand-off incident" has been resolved through "fruitful consultations".

In Beijing, Chinese foreign ministry spokeswomen Hua Chunying said, "Following the stand-off incident at the border area, China and India with the larger interests of bilateral relations in mind have taken a cooperative and constructive attitude".

The two sides exercised restraint and properly handled the incident through relevant mechanisms, diplomatic channels and border meetings, she said.

In New Delhi, Spokesperson in the ministry of external affairs said India and China have agreed to restore status quo along line of actual control (LAC) in Ladakh as it existed prior to April 15.

Announcing this, he also said flag meetings have been held to work out modalities and to confirm the arrangements.

The spokesperson also officially announced the two-day visit of external affairs minister Salman Khurshid to China from Thursday.

Khurshid and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi "will discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of concern to both sides. They will also discuss the proposed visit to India of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang," he said.

The sources also dismissed reports that the recent Chinese incursion was a "military affair" and said it was probably done to bring to table Beijing's concerns over India's efforts to build up its defence capabilities along the Ladakh and Arunachal borders.

When asked whether after the incursion, India will slow down or reverse its moves to build up its defence capabilities, they said, government will do what it needs to do.

In her first comments after the decision of the two countries to withdraw troops from the Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) area after a 20-day stand off, Hua said, "As far as I know relevant consultations have been fruitful".

"We believe that maintaining peace and tranquillity in the border areas serve the common interests of the two sides. China is ready to join hands with the Indian side to seek a mutually acceptable and fair solution to the border question at an early date", she said.

Pressed for more details on the settlement, including dismantling of tents erected by the PLA, Hua said, "I need to follow closely the latest information".

"As I said before the two sides bear in mind the larger interests of bilateral relations," she said.

The two sides have taken a constructive and cooperative attitude and have maintained communication and consultation and made positive progress, Hua said.

"I will share with you relevant information if I get the latest information," she said.

Asked whether the Chinese troops moved back from their position, when did that happen and how far they withdrew, she replied, "I have said the two sides have been constructive and cooperative and have been maintaining communications through relevant mechanism in the border regions".

"Relevant consultations have made positive progress. I know you are very concerned about this and I must follow the information to tell you the correct information", Hua said.

A platoon of Chinese troops estimated at about 50 and accompanied by vehicles and dogs had intruded 19 km inside the Indian territory across LAC in Daulat Beg Oldi sector on April 15 and set up five tents.

The Indian troops had also established tented posts facing the Chinese forces at a distance of 300 metres.

The troops of the two sides had held four flag meetings, the last one being on Sunday. However, there was no positive outcome from these meetings, which went hand-in-hand with high-level diplomatic efforts to break the impasse.

An agreement was reached yesterday for both sides to pull back their troops simultaneously from the face off point, which was completed at 1930 hours, sources said.

Indian and Chinese commanders at the local level shook hands before withdrawing, they said.

No deal with China on border dispute, India says - The Times of India

India and China are here to rule the world with their respective potential. Not to fight anymore. :tup: Shocked to see some war mongers here

India and China are here to rule the world with their respective potential. Not to fight anymore. :tup: Shocked to see some war mongers here

Normal indian wont be a war monger... But the kind of trolling happens in PDF makes them reply in style which might look war mongering.....

The situation is completely different, as the cattle aren't armed with heavily weapons that are capable of starting wars. The next time this happens, and I guarantee it will, the Indians will again refuse to "beat them back" as they know a war with China is foolish. The Chinese WANT the Indians to fire the first shot, as it will make India look like the aggressor and give China an excuse to use military force.

Chinese knew well they can only use foot soldiers in that sector. Chinese troops are not angels, they are fully equipped to deal with any situation just like any military backed by it's leaders. Only reason bullets weren't fired was because situation on ground is way beyond what what your imagination can comprehend. You are having a heart ache knowing the story didn't take the turn you were expecting, yourself and lot of chinese members had too much hope in China's ability to sustain the area after if it could annexed it from India. Thats where you are wrong thinking India would just let anyone walk straight into it's territory, you should know better we been at war with each other over 3 times. All the hopes Pakistanis specially had in their big master China could force India into submission were diminished yesterday. Chinese members were confident enough in their establishment would of had asserted pressure over slow democratic lazy leaders who would just cave in to the bullies bullying. India is not run by a single entity. It's run by people who hold these leaders responsible for the security of sphere of it's land weather that be habitan or inhabitant. With Elections just around the corner in India you can forget about bullying India, It's people of India who are going to be watching how these politicians handle country's obstacles. There is more aggressive BJP who were waiting for such an opportunity to show how they can handle national interests. It's only going to get tough for China and Pakistan and little lost razzakar children.

Chinese knew well they can only use foot soldiers in that sector. Chinese troops are not angels, they are fully equipped to deal with any situation just like any military backed by it's leaders. Only reason bullets weren't fired was because situation on ground is way beyond what what your imagination can comprehend. You are having a heart ache knowing the story didn't take the turn you were expecting, yourself and lot of chinese members had too much hope in China's ability to sustain the area after if it could annexed it from India. Thats where you are wrong thinking India would just let anyone walk straight into it's territory, you should know better we been at war with each other over 3 times. All the hopes Pakistanis specially had in their big master China could force India into submission were diminished yesterday. Chinese members were confident enough in their establishment would of had asserted pressure over slow democratic lazy leaders who would just cave in to the bullies bullying. India is not run by a single entity. It's run by people who hold these leaders responsible for the security of sphere of it's land weather that be habitan or inhabitant. With Elections just around the corner in India you can forget about bullying India, It's people of India who are going to be watching how these politicians handle country's obstacles. There is more aggressive BJP who were waiting for such an opportunity to show how they can handle national interests. It's only going to get tough for China and Pakistan and little lost razzakar children.

I have said this before and will repeat it here...India is like an elephant...slow as hell but once put her foot down then nothing can move it....period!

Last edited by a moderator:

Look he has shared his view...Nothing wrong in that...I by no means claiming that we are superior than Chinese in any means...In fact whatever he is saying works with my analogy....Indian is an elephant...we are always slow to react when the chips are in our favor...look around...Any major defense deal which if had been fructified on time would have given us some edge or parity to say the least is marred in controversy/delay and what not...The much needed infra is decades away in the eastern side....Having said that when it comes to putting your foot down we have shown in the past that we do and we can...

IMHO this whole fiasco has helped India in a big fashion...there were so many rounds that China can be aggressive...which was as usual put under the carpet...well guess what!!...China has proved beyond doubt that she can be aggressive....now who should be the direct beneficiary here...i will leave it for you to decide...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol, actually I already knew this incident would cool off, both sides have too much to lose from any war they fight.

I admit that there were many people hoping for war, including many Indians who thought a military solution was the only way, but I'm not one of those people.

You can insult myself, Pakistani and the Chinese members all you want, it still won't change facts that China gained more from this incident that the Indians.

I do know, but the Indians never really cared as long as the Chinese never confronted them, simply because they didn't want any trouble, but this time the Chinese did confront them. ANYONE who claims that India didn't agree to any demands is either blind or is drowning themselves in nationalism in order to convince themselves that India can do no wrong.

Don't be naive to believe that India got out of this a victory. The fact that India withdrew AT THE SAME TIME as China is a clear loss for India who claims the territory as their own.

I do know, but the Indians never really cared as long as the Chinese never confronted them, simply because they didn't want any trouble, but this time the Chinese did confront them. ANYONE who claims that India didn't agree to any demands is either blind or is drowning themselves in nationalism in order to convince themselves that India can do no wrong.
Listen man come up with some facts to back up your claims of what china gained rather than the usuall rant of India withdrew too. In Reality India never before pitched any tents near where China had pitched there. So keeping those plains tented is useless while the permanent structure which china demanded to be dismantled are still are there and India saying we will not destroy them is what you need to comprehend.

Don't be naive to believe that India got out of this a victory. The fact that India withdrew AT THE SAME TIME as China is a clear loss for India who claims the territory as their own.
So keep fooling yourself about India withdrawing it's territory because we aren't the ones who withdrew first...had it been victory for china, china would not have had withdrawn first. Understand the concept of victory....Indians watched while chinese packed there bags up with there little puppies back to there LALA land. LOL

I dont think he understands what has happened there. He just wants to show his loyalty of cheerleading to china. so all your efforts will go in vein.

May be they are more chinese than the chinese themselves lol

Let me repeat what I've said in another post in another thread, it's more insulting to Indians that people are Cheering for China instead of India. You can call me a cheerleader all you want, but it won't change anything. I'm simply stating facts, I could care less if war breaks out between the two nations, as I consider the entire area as Pakistani territory occupied by both Indian and China.

The fact that even your signature shows how much you think of Pakistan tells me that there is no reasoning with you. There are many Indians that happen to agree with me that India should have withdrawn and should have been more assertive than they were. In fact, if I was in India's position, that is exactly what I would have done.

Listen man come up with some facts to back up your claims of what china gained rather than the usuall rant of India withdrew too. In Reality India never before pitched any tents near where China had pitched there. So keeping those plains tented is useless while the permanent structure which china demanded to be dismantled are still are there and India saying we will not destroy them is what you need to comprehend.

So keep fooling yourself about India withdrawing it's territory because we aren't the ones who withdrew first...had it been victory for china, china would not have had withdrawn first. Understand the concept of victory....Indians watched while chinese packed there bags up with there little puppies back to there LALA land. LOL

I've already stated facts, the fact that all you can do is make bias assertions shows how little you understand of the situation. Indian forces may have come after, but they should NOT have withdrawn at the same time as the Chinese.

India WITHDREW AT THE SAME TIME, why are you ignoring this simple fact? This is NOT ABOUT A MILITARY VICTORY, it is about a geopolitical victory.

You can lol all you want, Indian, but you can not continue to ignore the fact that India lost face, while China gained a political victory. Sooner or later, you'll realize your little mistake of underestimating other nations, and you'll realize that India isn't as great as you Indians claim it to be.

Let me repeat what I've said in another post in another thread, it's more insulting to Indians that people are Cheering for China instead of India. You can call me a cheerleader all you want, but it won't change anything. I'm simply stating facts, I could care less if war breaks out between the two nations, as I consider the entire area as Pakistani territory occupied by both Indian and China.

The fact that even your signature shows how much you think of Pakistan tells me that there is no reasoning with you. There are many Indians that happen to agree with me that India should have withdrawn and should have been more assertive than they were. In fact, if I was in India's position, that is exactly what I would have done.

I've already stated facts, the fact that all you can do is make bias assertions shows how little you understand of the situation. Indian forces may have come after, but they should NOT have withdrawn at the same time as the Chinese.

India WITHDREW AT THE SAME TIME, why are you ignoring this simple fact? This is NOT ABOUT A MILITARY VICTORY, it is about a geopolitical victory.

You can lol all you want, Indian, but you can not continue to ignore the fact that India lost face, while China gained a political victory. Sooner or later, you'll realize your little mistake of underestimating other nations, and you'll realize that India isn't as great as you Indians claim it to be.

You know what you can keep that head in the sand if thats what you prefer to do. but i'm not going waste my time with your immature posts holding no credibility at all. Meanwhile there is a proper thread on the issue where someone from your country explains it in a nutshell here...http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/250579-ladakh-no-deal-struck-china.html#post4250655

You know what you can keep that head in the sand if thats what you prefer to do. but i'm not going waste my time with your immature posts holding no credibility at all. Meanwhile there is a proper thread on the issue where someone from your country explains it in a nutshell here...http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/250579-ladakh-no-deal-struck-china.html#post4250655

And you're simply going to believe a government that's on the cusp of fighting an election soon? Do you really think they'll admit that they had to strike a deal with the Chinese, when they know that the opposition would use that to their advantage to win the next elections?

But go ahead, continue to delude yourself if it makes you feel better. I have common sense and geopolitical knowledge on my side, you have baseless propaganda on yours.

Back
Top Bottom