What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

Seems as if Diamond Aircraft China has the intention to join the PLAAF's basic trainer competition, which is said to replace the once proposed Hongdu CJ-7 with a design based on the Diamond Dart 450.

View attachment 424549 View attachment 424550 View attachment 424551

IMO a perfect proposal replacing the CJ-7.

However can anyone explain how much legally Diamond can propose, develop and sell such a version to China? I think it is still an Austrian company.
its a foreign aircraft (austrian) im sure chinese manufactures can whip something up of their own.

Seems as if Diamond Aircraft China has the intention to join the PLAAF's basic trainer competition, which is said to replace the once proposed Hongdu CJ-7 with a design based on the Diamond Dart 450.

View attachment 424549 View attachment 424550 View attachment 424551

IMO a perfect proposal replacing the CJ-7.

However can anyone explain how much legally Diamond can propose, develop and sell such a version to China? I think it is still an Austrian company.
“want to” does not mean can. It is produced by CETC Wuhu Diamond, but they should get military certification first

“want to” does not mean can. It is produced by CETC Wuhu Diamond, but they should get military certification first

But getting a military certification should not be impossible - esp. since that type is already a military trainer - an is maybe a less complicated task than designing a clean-sheet design. We all know that the CJ-7 was not the most successful project.

Deino

its a foreign aircraft (austrian) im sure chinese manufactures can whip something up of their own.

I don' think PLA will care it is a foreign aircarft or not. It is just a basic trainer. But I doubt this aircraft can meet PLA requirement better than CJ-7. PLA just want a reliable,cheap aircraft.That is why CJ-7 use a pistol engine.

But getting a military certification should not be impossible - esp. since that type is already a military trainer - an is maybe a less complicated task than designing a clean-sheet design. We all know that the CJ-7 was not the most successful project.

Deino
You are right, but they should ensure all of the components have reliable suppliers. At least at the moment, most of the internal component of Dart-450 are from unreliable Western suppliers.

You are right, but they should ensure all of the components have reliable suppliers. At least at the moment, most of the internal component of Dart-450 are from unreliable Western suppliers.

Sorry to say so, but I think here You are simply wrong: Diamond has an own facility in China , that is also making the DA.42. And concerning the unreliable Western suppliers; what are You talking about? The engine is an Ukrainian Iwtschenko Progress AI-450S, the avionics could easily be replaced by Chinese systems ... so what's Your issue?

Sorry to say so, but I think here You are simply wrong: Diamond has an own facility in China , that is also making the DA.42. And concerning the unreliable Western suppliers; what are You talking about? The engine is an Ukrainian Iwtschenko Progress AI-450S, the avionics could easily be replaced by Chinese systems ... so what's Your issue?
To be sold in the West, all of DART 450s internal components should follow the FAA rule but there is not a single company having FAA's certificaion except the fuselage in China, so I can safely say that all of the internal component are from the West and should be replaced by made in China ones, but, unfortunately, most of the aeronautical facility in China belongs to AVIC.

JL-9 with night mission ability during test flight 加了夜训设备的山鹰在北方外场科研试飞中
xe5p7i.jpg

GAIEC delivered a few more JL-9G aiming to be carrier-borne soon 航空工业贵飞多架海山鹰转场交付,海山鹰什么时候上舰?
Disclaimer: I do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.
LtEujuc.jpg

GAIEC delivered a few more JL-9G aiming to be carrier-borne soon 航空工业贵飞多架海山鹰转场交付,海山鹰什么时候上舰?
LtEujuc.jpg
Very interesting photo.

That looks like a DSI (diverterless supersonic inlet) bump on the JL-9G trainer aircraft.

It's amazing that an advanced design-feature to lessen the weight of supersonic airflow control has migrated from the J-10B test aircraft, J-20, and J-31 downwards to the JL-9G.

acgJr.jpg

Advanced version of China's first electric plane makes maiden flight

2017-11-02 08:47 Xinhua Editor: Gu Liping

An advanced version of China's first electric plane made its maiden flight on Wednesday, extending the single flight time to two hours from around 45 minutes.

The two-seater aircraft, the RX1E-A, designed by Shenyang Aerospace University, performed the task at around 3 p.m. at Caihu airport in Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province.

The extended endurance of the plane will help it tap into markets in the United States and Europe, according to Zou Haining, deputy head of Liaoning General Aviation Academy.

In addition, the improved aircraft is equipped with a new parachute that enables safe landing of both pilot and plane.

With a maximum speed of 160 km per hour, the aircraft can be used in pilot training, passenger transportation, tourism and aerial photography.

Mass production of the first-generation type, RX1E, started in early 2016.

http://www.ecns.cn/2017/11-02/279313.shtml

Back
Top Bottom