What's new

Chinese surprise: India now at par with P5

peacefulll should be more worried about GoI being overthrown by communist rebels than about us. We're not the ones with over 5 armed insurgencies running around and shooting people.

I believe this is the logical step of extending our welcome to the future leaders of India: Communist Party of India (Maoist).

Not going to happen. Indians Have no great love for hard-core Communist idealogy just as the Chinese.
And most of all the Maoists do not even have a Mao among them. Not to forget that even the Chinese have not hesitated to disavow Mao.
Actually the Communist Party of India (Martian) may stand a better chance of wielding power in India than Communist Party of India (Maoist).
The Communists (of all factions) will exist as a necessary but shrinking fringe of the political spectrum in India.

china has to think what they can gain if india and china come close

benfit goes to china

but if they conflict ,china has to pay lots of lot and benift goes to usa

just think

i agree , i don't think by such vague visa policies , china can get anything...

as far as i know, the ambassador to korea (north) and japan are also 'vise minister' level.

Lol bro why u have to spoil a bit of fun the indian members had for a long time

Korea and Japan are very important to China apart from being neighbours. These are also countries with a substantial American influence. I think the criteria for positioning a Vice Minister is that China wishes to be better represented in these nations. Also, I think the crisis management mechanism would be strengthened as a man higher up in the governmental hierarchy would get quicker and better response from Beijing to tricky issues. It will also be useful to India being able to better explain its view point to policy makers in China. A good move overall.

peacefulll should be more worried about GoI being overthrown by communist rebels than about us. We're not the ones with over 5 armed insurgencies running around and shooting people.

I believe this is the logical step of extending our welcome to the future leaders of India: Communist Party of India (Maoist).

Money breeds power my friend.....

As long as the govt of India keeps fueling the armed forces with funds and latest weaponry i find it hard to believe that the enfield rifle fielding maoists can withstand a professional million man army....
Do note I compare mano-y-mano....I leave the tanks, artilery, sophisticated cruise missiles, fighter jets, UAVs, Attack helos out of the equation....
and here we speak of the paramilitary and police that deal with the maoists....god forbid they run an axe through their foot and invite the army to their doorstep....Ill leave it to the Pakistanis to quote the iron hand our army is capable of dealing...

Im very surprised that you people show much confidence that another "great revolution" is even possible....those days are far gone Maiser...

In fact...im willing to bet that no new communist entity emerges in our lifetime....Maoists are a drop in an ocean of the potential red movements.

As long as the govt of India keeps fueling the armed forces with funds and latest weaponry i find it hard to believe that the enfield rifle fielding maoists can withstand a professional million man army....
Do note I compare mano-y-mano....I leave the tanks, artilery, sophisticated cruise missiles, fighter jets, UAVs, Attack helos out of the equation....
and here we speak of the paramilitary and police that deal with the maoists....god forbid they run an axe through their foot and invite the army to their doorstep....Ill leave it to the Pakistanis to quote the iron hand our army is capable of dealing...

Im very surprised that you people show much confidence that another "great revolution" is even possible....those days are far gone Maiser...

In fact...im willing to bet that no new communist entity emerges in our lifetime....Maoists are a drop in an ocean of the potential red movements.

Mr. Jiang said the same thing in 1948. One year later he ended up on the island of Taiwan with his cronies.

Too bad Sri Lanka is already taken.

Also note that North Korea and India both have vice-minister level ambassadors.

My friend Peshwa, do you even have to reply to these obvious trolls? Maoists today are what they are due to continued government neglect over decades and covert and overt support of various political parties for narrow political gains. There is a concerted governmental effort visible now aiming to correct the errors of the past. There is also a lot of pressure on the political parties and interest groups sympathising with the Maoists to change their ways. As the areas under the sway of the Maoists gradually see development and economic progress, the movement will gradually weaken and disappear. We don't need the Indian Army to defeat the Maoists, development, economic activity and looking after the welfare of the tribals will do the trick.

Nice move by China!! If china and India develop a friendly relations where will be US stand to counter Chinese Power! King's Gambit!!

it is important that GOI play it cool and not overly support either China or US. It is in its best interest to be friendly to both of them.

Nice move by China!! If china and India develop a friendly relations where will be US stand to counter Chinese Power! King's Gambit!!

While, your post is in good spirit, I don't see what led you to believe that India wishes to be the proverbial ant between two mating elephants. India wants good relations with both the US and China. We are not convinced that one is necessarily at the cost of the other and that the two are mutually exclusive. Yes, China's support to Pakistan does complicate the issue somewhat. But then the US also supports Pakistan, has been doing so for 60 years. If we could manage to work around that, surely, India and China could become friends too. But anyone who thinks that India will fight America's wars in Asia because of some weapons they sold us or because of support for UNSC seat, well he can think again.

China don't want India to go totally in lap of USA and create Cold war like situation for him.

Mr. Jiang said the same thing in 1948. One year later he ended up on the island of Taiwan with his cronies.

Too bad Sri Lanka is already taken.

Also note that North Korea and India both have vice-minister level ambassadors.

You are again,over estimating the Maoists as usual.

If by chance the current secularist Indian Govt collapses.

The ideology/people to occupy the vacuum will be the right-wing Hindu nationalists,not some unknown bunch following a foreign ideology.

India may be secular,but its people are still religious.

Last edited:
who knows? communists are already in power in west bengal. in the meantime bangalore has grown to become an international center of trade.

Back
Top Bottom