What's new

Chinese Students to Study in India, Learn Software

Chinese students are most welcome in India. They be surprised to find Chinese restaurants serving best Chinese food in most of the Indian cities.

Let me gently correct you on that one. The restaurants are quite nice, but most of the food is'nt really Chinese. Having tasted real Chinese food in China, i'd go a little easy on the advertising.

Having said that, the Chinese food available in India will ensure that no Chinese student will have to remain hungry. But OTOH, who knows they may acquire a taste for Idli-Dosa.

So let us welcome the Chinese students anyway. :tup:

This is indeed a nice move from both the governments........apart from the professional and career benefits, it will help broaden a person's view beyond the cultures and ideas they live in. :cheers:

whenever i hear talk by nationalists on the indian side, i get too angry, because i hear it too much. hopefully, we can look past these eventually.

whenever i hear talk by nationalists on the indian side, i get too angry, because i hear it too much. hopefully, we can look past these eventually.

didnt get what you mean.

@topic
good move any and every kind of people to people contact will help both nations to understand each other and resolve the misunderstandings between each other. which will surely help both nations.:tup:

^^^ I think vellore is a great place. We should probably have a few reserved seats in IIT, IIM & IISC for the brightest from China, Pakistan & Bangladesh. Now that would be amazing, the very best and the brightest mingling.

Hey don't take all that seriously. This is cyber-space after all; a virtual world .
i can pose here as "Mr. Universe" (Arnie Shwarzennegger kind) while actually being a "55 kg punk"

N.B. i'm neither of the above.:)

If you can speak chinese, then you definitely have a upper hand in strategic sourcing, are there any institutes located in India that are recognized/ funded both by Chinese and Indian governments.

one of the best confidence building measures taken by both the governments. if we learn about each other, then there is less chance of mistrust or misunderstanding happening beyween two countries.

jus imagine wat these two countries can achieve together through economic cooperation. way to go.

on the food part, i bet our chineese friends would be surprised by the popularity of chineese food here in india.

by the way i love chowmin with desi tadka of paneers, mushrooms and lots of spices.LOL :cheers:

That's good news, people shall learn from each other. I was studying in France where I met some Indian friends. They're truly talented people who have solid professional knowledge and that makes me consider Indian education of high quality.

Sino-India cultural exchange is essential because communication will let us understand each other and annihilate prejudice. We both lived on this land for thousands of years and China has absorbed some brilliant thoughts(like Buddhism) form India 2000 years ago. Though some Chinese people won't be happy to hear it I still have to say the India cultural genes have become a important part deep inside Chinese culture for long. Our ancestors have made a successful example of cultural exchange and we should push this relationship forward. I always believe that the world is big enough for both India and China.

Chinese members won't know the sort of place IIM A is...it is one the VERY VERY elite places in the world. over 150,000 applicants every year for some 300 seats. I hope there can be exchange students for places like these.
IIM-A Students Learn Chinese
Students at IIM Ahmedabad are taking lessons in Chinese to break the language barrier while transacting business

Students of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) are taking lessons in Chinese to break the language barrier while transacting business.

The elective course in Chinese was introduced as part of IIM-A initiative to sharpen business communication skills of the students in foreign languages.

A batch of 60 second year post-graduate programme students has opted for the course at the premier B-school.

"Objective of the language courses is to hone the business communication skills of our students in languages like French, German and Chinese," IIM-A spokesperson Ishita Solanki said.

"In today's global economy, language continues to be a barrier when students are sent overseas by global marketing and financial firms to transact on their behalf. So its a good preposition to learn foreign languages," said Anirban Tarafdar, member of media cell at IIM-A.

Back
Top Bottom