What's new

Chinese single engine stealth air craft?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JXX-SAC601_2.jpg

This wind tunnel model doesn't look like anything else we have seen before.

2X: F-22A like jet intakes
1X: Jet engine
Diamond shaped nose
Extended LERX like F/A-18 Super Hornet

Tails are not visible.

@Oscar @gambit @aimarraul @sancho @SinoSoldier

Last edited by a moderator:
This is only a aerodynamic shape verification in Wind Tunnel, but don't know which type, the words put on the pic is J-8 new updata type, but looks more like JF-17 on shape, and I don't think J-8 have any worth to updata.
Two years ago, flutter testing of L-15 trainer was finished in Mianyang Wind Tunnel group, and the result is very well to meet the forecast. And the Wind Tunnel are always busy during tha past 10 years.

JXX-SAC601_2.jpg

This wind tunnel model doesn't look like anything else we have seen before.

2X: F-22A like jet intakes
1X: Jet engine
Diamond shaped nose
Extended LERX like F/A-18 Super Hornet

Tails are not visible.

@Oscar @gambit @aimarraul @sancho @SinoSoldier

The word on the picture says it is an aerodynamic test for new J8 modifications.

It also said "验证“ - certification test or more likely a verification test

Single engine “stealth” multi-role fighter attacker in the guise of J-10C with conformal fuel tanks,AESA,improved avionics and wingtip pylons。

Prototype by the end of 2013 or 1st half of 2014.

Beamtech Optronics Co.,Ltd.

Vlite-500 PIV laser used in aerodynamics Laboratory

I am sure a Chinese secret product would not find its way on the brochure of a company.
OTOH, it is a Chinese company, so who knows..

I would love to see a advanced version of the j17, incorporating a redesigned RCS airframe (twin canted tail, increased composites, RAM, etc) and advanced avionics and internal / recessed weapons. If they can do this for under $35m then it would be a world beater.

Early design proposal for J-XX by SAC as per Huitong

but on the photo itself it says, in chinese, "china's newest j-8 modification wind tunnel test". very likely an old photo of a project that got rejected

Back
Top Bottom