What's new

Chinese Satellite Fleet Grows, And Grows

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
July 22, 2010: By the end of the year, China will have at least sixty military space satellites in orbit. Fourteen of these will be dual-use photo reconnaissance or largely military radar satellites. These are smaller than those used by the United States. The Chinese models tend to be three tons or less and don't last as long. There are also fifteen military communications satellites and sixteen Beidou navigation satellites. There are another dozen or so miscellaneous scientific and research satellites. Most of these satellites have gone up in the last five years, and are of modern design.

China put its first satellite up in 1970. Over the next 31 years, China put 50 more satellites into orbit, and developed satellite launcher rockets that were 90 percent successful. By 1986, Chinese launchers were considered reliable enough for Western companies to use them for putting their expensive (although insured) satellites into orbit. In the last decade, China has developed modern (comparable to Western models) satellites for everything from communications, photo-reconnaissance to weather forecasting.

I feel sorry for the Koreans and Indians.

I think u should reserve ur sympathy for the Koreans whose rocket launch failed very recently. India doesn't need anybody's sympathy.

If there is one area where India can match or even outmatch Chinese then its in the discipline of space technology. Next few years is going to be an adventure for ISRO right from Chandrayaan 2 to manned space launch and further an unmanned mission to Mars by 2013/2015.

We may not beat them in time, but we can certainly reach where they have gone and probably can even exceed them.

ISRO is not DRDO - when ISRO says it, they do it.

I think u should reserve ur sympathy for the Koreans whose rocket launch failed very recently. India doesn't need anybody's sympathy.

If there is one area where India can match or even outmatch Chinese then its in the discipline of space technology. Next few years is going to be an adventure for ISRO right from Chandrayaan 2 to manned space launch and further an unmanned mission to Mars by 2013/2015.

We may not beat them in time, but we can certainly reach where they have gone and probably can even exceed them.

ISRO is not DRDO - when ISRO says it, they do it.

Wet Dream LOL

sorry for what,do u know even anything about Indian space capability

India had around 30 satellites active in space currently and about 10 satellites which r to b relayed into space in the coming 2 yrs,not to remind about dozen's of satellite which phased out,it includes basically all type of satellites-communication,navigation military and remote sensing

we r among the few countries who have successfully completed an extraterrestrial probe,not to remind about the upcoming projects for mars,a manned space flight and second lunar probe

we r also among a handful nation's who had successfully tested a space capsule recovery experiment

India is also poised to launch IRNSS,an Indian equivalent to gps

It is also developing a satellite mapping tool known as BHUVAN an equivalent to Google earth with resolution up 10 meter

ISRO'S commercial wing Antrix Corporation Limited had launched numerous foreign satellite successfully which is an evidence how foreign nation's trust

how much ur nation fare against this,take ur troll somewere else

if china put 50 rockets in space since 1970-from when it started launching.....that is till 2001-they had/have 50 sats,, so dont you think the no. 60 mentioned also includes those 50....which i believe are too old to be in use now.....besides the first post itself mentions that chinese satillites do not last long.....

what is the use of 60 military satillites....and apart from this they have 15 communication satillites.....the need for such high nos. itself indicate their the level of tech used in those satillites.

Why do Indian members feel so threatened by chinese progress that they feel a need to explain it away?

I can tell you now if Chinese achievements make you uncomfortable, you are in for a rough time this century.

Why do Indian members feel so threatened by chinese progress that they feel a need to explain it away?

I can tell you now if Chinese achievements make you uncomfortable, you are in for a rough time this century.

nobody is feeling here threatened,but just scroll up above and see some statements how comparison's r drawn up every time for anything regarding what Chinese do

Wet Dream LOL

and by the way we dont feel sorry like we r left far behind in the race because we r not,we r right up there where we want

why China keeps old/useless satellites in use..? and why doesnt its satellites last long..??

why China keeps old/useless satellites in use..?

and why doesnt its satellites last long..??

You know this two statement is quite contradicting with each other.

When satellites reach the end of their mission, satellite operators have the option of de-orbiting the satellite, leaving the satellite in its current orbit or moving the satellite to a graveyard orbit. Historically, due to budgetary constraints at the beginning of satellite missions, satellites were rarely designed to be de-orbited. One example of this practice is the satellite Vanguard 1. Launched in 1958, Vanguard 1, the 4th manmade satellite put in Geocentric orbit, was still in orbit as of August 2009.

Instead of being de-orbited, most satellites are either left in their current orbit or moved to a graveyard orbit. As of 2002, the FCC now requires all geostationary satellites to commit to moving to a graveyard orbit at the end of their operational life prior to launch.

Anyways the number this article has cited is wrong, as July 23rd, 2010, PRC has put 137 payloads of its own in space with 88 on orbit, and 49 decayed.
CelesTrak WWW: SATCAT Boxscore

@Hafizz,

Infact if its ONLY in MILITARY Domain India is Ahead of China in Spy Sat Technology.

WE HAVE 'EYES' IN SPACE WHICH IS MATCHED ONLY BY USA .

THE T.E.S. ( TECHNOLOGY EXPERIMENT SATELLITE ) HAD A RESOLUTION CAPABILITY OF 1 METRE, AND LATEST CARTOSAT HAS .8 METRE CAPABILITY [ WHICH CHINA IS YET TO DEMONSTRATE ] WHICH FALLS SHORT ONLY BEHIND USA WHICH CAN DELIVER .6 METRE RESOLUTION IMAGES.

NOW TELL ME WHO IS a 'Wet Dreamer'??

ISRO is our Crown Jewel in Technology.

JAI HO:

Back
Top Bottom