What's new

Chinese PM, Web Jiabao: Won't meddle in Kashmir: China to India

Free Tibet

BANNED
Reaction score
18 Dec 2009, 1539 hrs IST, AGENCIES

In what is seen as a diplomatic coup for India at Copenhagen, Chinese Premiere Web Jiabao assured Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh that they would not meddle in the affairs of South Asia.

This assurance from China clearly suggests that they would not interfere into India’s domestic affairs especially the Kashmir issue with Pakistan. Obama had earlier told China to add pressure on India and Pakistan to settle the Kashmir issue.

At the Copenhagen climate summit, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met his Chinese counterpart, Wen Jiabao where the two leaders also discussed fears of an "in umbrella paragraph" which could be smuggled in to the political draft in Copenhegan.

India and China were kept out of a key high level meeting last night following the state dinner. Both nations have agreed to work jointly between now and the plenary and the final adoption of the draft at Copenhagen.

During his meeting with Wen, Singh recalled that the two countries have been cooperating at various fora, including the G-20. "We need to continue the cooperation," said the Prime Minister, who arrived in the Danish capital late last night to take part in the high-level segment UN climate talks.

India and China are the key members of the BASIC bloc -- with others being Brazil and South Africa -- which along with other developing countries have been resisting attempts by the rich nations to set aside the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. The protocol sets legally binding greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets for industrialised nations. It also has a strong compliance mechanism which penalises the rich nations if they do not meet emission reduction targets agreed upon by them.

No headway was made in climate talks in Copenhagen with the US and China refusing to budge from their positions on emission cuts as negotiators struggled today to strike a face-saving deal to tackle global warming. Indications of an impasse in the talks came from Swedish Environment Minister Andreas Carlgren who said no agreed text had emerged ahead of the meeting of 110 world leaders.

"It is now up to the world leaders to decide," he said while blaming China and the US for the deadlock.

18 Dec 2009, 1539 hrs IST, AGENCIES

In what is seen as a diplomatic coup for India at Copenhagen, Chinese Premiere Web Jiabao assured Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh that they would not meddle in the affairs of South Asia.

This assurance from China clearly suggests that they would not interfere into India’s domestic affairs especially the Kashmir issue with Pakistan. Obama had earlier told China to add pressure on India and Pakistan to settle the Kashmir issue.

At the Copenhagen climate summit, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met his Chinese counterpart, Wen Jiabao where the two leaders also discussed fears of an "in umbrella paragraph" which could be smuggled in to the political draft in Copenhegan.

India and China were kept out of a key high level meeting last night following the state dinner. Both nations have agreed to work jointly between now and the plenary and the final adoption of the draft at Copenhagen.

During his meeting with Wen, Singh recalled that the two countries have been cooperating at various fora, including the G-20. "We need to continue the cooperation," said the Prime Minister, who arrived in the Danish capital late last night to take part in the high-level segment UN climate talks.

India and China are the key members of the BASIC bloc -- with others being Brazil and South Africa -- which along with other developing countries have been resisting attempts by the rich nations to set aside the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. The protocol sets legally binding greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets for industrialised nations. It also has a strong compliance mechanism which penalises the rich nations if they do not meet emission reduction targets agreed upon by them.

No headway was made in climate talks in Copenhagen with the US and China refusing to budge from their positions on emission cuts as negotiators struggled today to strike a face-saving deal to tackle global warming. Indications of an impasse in the talks came from Swedish Environment Minister Andreas Carlgren who said no agreed text had emerged ahead of the meeting of 110 world leaders.

"It is now up to the world leaders to decide," he said while blaming China and the US for the deadlock.

India should not trust China blindly. Irrespective for what their PM says we shouldn't let our guards down. Till then time there is a settlement between two parties regarding Arunanchal Pradesh , India should dismiss what their PM says as a joke( Ek kaan se sunke doosre se nikal do).Not only has China worked against Indian interests in various spheres , it continues to do the same even now. It seems highly unlikely that they would back down from their stated position apparently for no reason.Also I am skeptical about the timing of the announcement.We should be very cautious while dealing with them.

indian PM,Manmoasy single:"free tibet",i know you are indian,visit to tibet sometimes,you will like to address as a real tibetan chinese

Is that a personal attack or are you trying to undermine ones nationality? Even if you have a proof you should tell the mods about it rather than posting here.

请支持西藏,停止宣传。:smitten:

请支持西藏,停止宣传。:smitten:
My god! You can speak Chinese!
I'm so surprised。 :cheesy:
我支持中国西藏自治区!藏族同胞将在伟大的中国的领导下过得越来越幸福 :china:

dd65aeea3beb3806f8f9d627a2de1ae8.jpg

indian PM,Manmoasy single:"free tibet",i know you are indian,visit to tibet sometimes,you will like to address as a real tibetan chinese

Please do not attack personally, Do not make personal fun of anybody's name, specially Mr. Manmohan Singh is a prime minister of a country. This shows your upbringing.

Never in my life i have used abusive worlds for Chinese President or PM but criticized their policy because

1.) No one have suffered more than Tibetans from their actions
2.) We live in a free world and have right to free speech outside China.

Moreover, i does not respond to these personal remarks about myself because we Tibetans have faced so much attack for generations that we are immune to this.

These behaviors increases our pain what can we do about this.

请支持西藏,停止宣传。

我们知道,我们是受害者

My god! You can speak Chinese!
I'm so surprised。 :cheesy:
我支持中国西藏自治区!藏族同胞将在伟大的中国的领导下过得越来越幸福 :china:

我们要自由。是不是真正的自治。你可以欺骗世界不是我们。:no:

Please do not attack personally, Do not make personal fun of anybody's name, specially Mr. Manmohan Singh is a prime minister of a country. This shows your upbringing.

Never in my life i have used abusive worlds for Chinese President or PM but criticized their policy because

Moreover, i does not respond to these personal remarks about myself because we Tibetans have faced so much attack for generations that we are immune to this.

请支持西藏,停止宣传。

我们知道,我们是受害者
Can you tell me that how we attack our Tibetan brothers?:cheesy:

请支持西藏,停止宣传。

我们知道,我们是受害者

millions of serfs will never agree with your crap above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom