What's new

Chinese Navy ships makes first visit to Tonga

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Chinese Navy ships makes first visit to Tonga

Two Chinese Navy ships began the first visit to the south Pacific island kingdom of Tonga on Friday.

The training vessel, Zhenghe, and the frigate, Mian Yang, with hundreds of sailors on board arrived in Tonga capital of Nuku' alofa on Friday on a four-day goodwill visit.

During the visit, there will be a "Public Day" for the training vessel to be open to the public.

Chinese Navy Rear Admiral Leng Zhenqing, who serves as the commander of the visiting formation, said they have brought greetings from the government and people of China to Tonga.

In a meeting with Tongan Prime Minister Feleti Sevele on Friday, Leng said the visit is aimed at enhancing friendship and strengthening military cooperation between China and Tonga.

Leng Zhenqing also met with Tonga Foreign Minister Sonatane Tu' akinamolahi Taumoepeau-Tupou, Tonga Defense Service Commander Brigadier T 'Uta'atu on Friday.

Tonga is the third stop of the Chinese Navy ships' port call which has brought them to Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu, and will take them to New Zealand and Australia.

China Military Online English Edition

12ada0169e042915510129.jpg

12ada016ddc42915511475.jpg

12ada0171d842915512033.jpg

Australia is wary. 60 minutes Australia this Sunday will have a story on how Australia is 'preparing for war' with China.

Maxx, keep us update on 60 minutes Australia. Thanks.

Australia is wary. 60 minutes Australia this Sunday will have a story on how Australia is 'preparing for war' with China.

Hahaha, i laughed when i saw the ad on tv, it's just an attempt to get viewers. The story is about Australia doing training and purchasing now new ships for the navy, they through in the "preparing for war with china" bit to make people watch.

Wonder the Australian response to this.

Nothing? Australia doesn't own the pacific ocean and has never claimed to. Any navy can go wherever they want in the pacific ocean.

The Chinese navy comes down here all the time and it's not seen as threatening.

Sorry lcloo I totally missed it. Was writing a report.:sick: The channel usually upload the video online.

Sixtyminutesv2 - Video Index
Should be in the link when it's up.

As i posted above, all it was about was Australias defence training and the new ships the navy is getting. Australia isn't going to war with China, and you are pretty silly if you believed the crappy tv ads lol.

I watched anyway, just to see what the fuss is about. Apparently, you are right.

Back
Top Bottom