What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

80,711 views|Aug 22, 2020,08:00am EDT
Surprise! The Chinese Navy Just Transformed This Cargo Ship Into An Instant Helicopter Carrier
David Axe Contributor

uncaptioned
'Zhen Hua 28' and a Z-8 helicopter.
VIA TWITTER

Surprise! The Chinese Navy Just Transformed This Cargo Ship Into An Instant Helicopter Carrier | Forbes

Finally, an official photo of transferring DDG 165 and 166 out of PLAN service. With retirement of these 2 ships, type 051 DDG's services in PLAN is over.

The next class of DDG to be retired in around 5 years time is type 052, pennant number 112 and 113.

Screenshot (17).png
0 166 608.jpg

Last edited:
Cool accommodation! After these shots I believe this B&B accommodation will attract more customers :D

桑吉尔多海景民宿-灵山岛店
Sanggirdo Seaview B&B at Lingshan Island, an island in Qingdao

I feel obligated to quote the very first post of this thread 10 years ago!
What a decade/period have we witnessed!
Luda-III Zhuhai

800px-Luda-III_Zhuhai_DN-SC-95-01821.jpg

Qingdao destroyer
Qingdao-DDG-113.jpg

Taizhou2005Sankt
Taizhou2005Sankt-peterburg.jpg
Finally, an official photo of transferring DDG 165 and 166 out of PLAN service. With retirement of these 2 ships, type 051 DDG's services in PLAN is over.

The next class of DDG to be retired in around 5 years time is type 052, pennant number 112 and 113.

View attachment 664674View attachment 664675

I feel obligated to quote the very first post of this thread 10 years ago!
What a decade/period have we witnessed!
Keep this thread for another ten years then I cannot imagine what we may witness by then... ha ha ha :D hopefully I'll still be around to share pics, news, stories with all of you, guys :coffee: :pdf:

You missed the train... the KJ-600 thread is here.

Keep this thread for another ten years then I cannot imagine what we may witness by then... ha ha ha :D hopefully I'll still be around to share pics, news, stories with all of you, guys :coffee: :pdf:
I really appreciate you and others fantastic job here!
Thank you:tup:

From Henri Kenhmann at East Pendulum on 2020-08-29:

Two of the last old Type 051 destroyers built in the 1990s - 165 Zhenjiang and 166 Zhuhai - were withdrawn from service (decommissioned) on Friday (2020-08-28). They will be transformed into a floating museum.

The hull number 165 will be taken over by a new Type 052D class destroyer.

Back
Top Bottom