Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chinese military planes intercept US aircraft: Reports
Published: 19th May 2017 12:20 PM |

Last Updated: 19th May 2017 12:20 PM | A+A A- |
2010-PLAAF-J11-06.jpg

(File Photo | Reuters) fighter jets

WASHINGTON: Two Chinese fighter jets intercepted an American military plane over the East China Sea, media in the United States reported today, citing US officials.

NBC News reported that the US aircraft, a WC-135 Constant Phoenix, was conducting a routine mission in international airspace Wednesday when it was intercepted over the East China Sea by two Chinese Sukhoi Su-30 fighter aircraft.

The WC-135 is a so-called "sniffer plane" designed to scan the atmosphere for signs of nuclear activity.

NBC said the crew of the US plane described the encounter as "unprofessional," although not necessarily dangerous.

It said military officials insist the US plane was operating in accordance with international law.

Officials told the US news network that the matter is being addressed with Beijing via "appropriate diplomatic channels".

Sometimes I have the Feeling, whenever a foreign aircraft - be that Russian or Chinese - Encounters a US plane is can only be an unprofessional intercept, since only the US boys are professional in intercepting foreign airplanes.

Joke aside, I would be very much interested in the Chinese side of this event: was there indeed a close encounter that was dangerously close to the US plane or is it purely the US overhype?

But ... wait, when I see such posts spiced up by a Royal Malaysian Air Force Su-30MKM, who's then acting "unprofessional" ?

Sometimes I have the Feeling, whenever a foreign aircraft - be that Russian or Chinese - Encounters a US plane is can only be an unprofessional intercept, since only the US boys are professional in intercepting foreign airplanes.

Joke aside, I would be very much interested in the Chinese side of this event: was there indeed a close encounter that was dangerously close to the US plane or is it purely the US overhype?

But ... wait, when I see such posts spiced up by a Royal Malaysian Air Force Su-30MKM, who's then acting
"unprofessional" ?

At least they got the aircraft right or close enough, the OP originally had a picture of Polish F-16s which i replaced with Chinese jets. :cheesy:

American exceptionalism...How dare China, Russia, Iran etc, move their borders so close to US spy planes and aircraft carriers lol

Expect a tough response from President Trump to distinguish himself from the failure(s) of former President Obama.

Expect a tough response from President Trump to distinguish himself from the failure(s) of former President Obama.
I expect him to draw another line in the sand. Murucan cowards not willing to fight nk, KIM gave Trump the finger many times. Murica only good at dropping bombs on civilian in ME.

I expect him to draw another line in the sand. Murucan cowards not willing to fight nk, KIM gave Trump the finger many times. Murica only good at dropping bombs on civilian in ME.

Bombing DPRK is out of the question but some people here don't think so. I have been saying US is waiting for China's approval, without that invitation all US can do is circling around in the air while Kim keeps on launching missiles and doing nuke tests. Besides it's in US interest to keep both parts divided so seeing a devastated DPRK-SK (perhaps even united under SK's government) is not the scenario the US want to see. Americans still wanna keep on cashing from SK

Back
Top Bottom