What's new

Chinese man with coronavirus symptoms put into isolation ward in Islamabad hospital

Why China allowed him out of their god given (as many Chinese here try to sell) country?

Worse thing why Pakistan allowed him in?

1.) Most airports are just checking for a fever, which is a pretty crude given that you can be carrying the virus before any symptoms show up. That's why nobody from China should have been allowed in for at least another week or two. But alas... we have geniuses in government.

2.) Coronavirus symptoms are extremely similar to other upper respiratory viral infections, like the flu. Maybe he just has influenza --- let's hope!

3.) It just takes one or a few patients for the bug to spread across entire cities; the risk of allowing travelers this early was simply not worth it.

As much as I promote our alliance with China and admire and appreciate everything they've done for us, it's not grounds for risking our population against this. China and western countries have the resources and political capital to quarantine large sections of their population to contain the virus, we do not. Once this spreads in Pakistan, we'll quickly run out of resources, food and medicine and people will resort to violence to make ends meet. Things will get ugly very very quickly. This needs to be treated as national security risk.

Pakistanis in China can't come to Pakistan but Chinese from China can??

What utter fools are these Pakistani officials and policy makers :disagree:

I agree no one should be let in.
As for Pakistanis coming on Oh they can, or at least nothing being done to stop them. Did you see threads with dozens of students who returned, happy they were back in Pakistan.
We can only pray but if we see infections start with thousands being affected we know it was because of these folks, and not any Chinese National.

Has anyone been to PIMS. Thousands of people visit that place daily.

The sanitary environment is not up to mark and neither are the wards.

It needs serious funding to be up to mark.

That place is near a metro stop and Centaurus shopping center and G-8 markaz.

If the virus has to spread then that hospital is the ideal place.

I agree no one should be let in.
As for Pakistanis coming on Oh they can, or at least nothing being done to stop them. Did you see threads with dozens of students who returned, happy they were back in Pakistan.
We can only pray but if we see infections start with thousands being affected we know it was because of these folks, and not any Chinese National.

lol I saw that and I was like....wtf.....

If I was the policy maker, I would have given them some beating and quarantined them. :disagree:

1.) Most airports are just checking for a fever, which is a pretty crude given that you can be carrying the virus before any symptoms show up. That's why nobody from China should have been allowed in for at least another week or two. But alas... we have geniuses in government.

2.) Coronavirus symptoms are extremely similar to other upper respiratory viral infections, like the flu. Maybe he just has influenza --- let's hope!

3.) It just takes one or a few patients for the bug to spread across entire cities; the risk of allowing travelers this early was simply not worth it.

Exactly, Pakistan can't afford to bring in people who're infected or are hosts....whether they be Pakistani students or Chinese coming here for a holiday, business or whatever.

Every sane nation on Earth has started putting travel bans and then there's this news...also the news of Pakistani students coming back....Allah help the Pakistani awam! :sad:

The virus has spread to other parts of China too. We can't have random Chinese land in Pakistan and put them in quarantine for 14 days, expecting them to either have the virus or not....the virus can move onto a different host during the flight too and while at the airport.

There is no quarantine.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...d-resumes-flights-to-virus-hit-china-12386946

"I personally received passengers from China this morning. I checked the whole system step by step and we have not seen any suspected patients that needed to be kept under observation," he added.

The virus has spread to other parts of China too. We can't have random Chinese land in Pakistan and put them in quarantine for 14 days, expecting them to either have the virus or not....the virus can move onto a different host during the flight too and while at the airport.

I'm also sure Pakistan doesn't have the right equipment to keep quarantining any Chinese who lands in Pakistan.

I wouldn't consider WHO chief an expert on the matter when over 200k people have petitioned for him to be removed from his post for not being politically neutral, which is the whole purpose of WHO.

View attachment 603519

https://www.change.org/p/united-nat...dros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-who-director-general

You need to read up more on the issue rather than showing your own bias. :enjoy:

Nope....that "recommendation" is just coming from the WHO chief....whose whole career has been called into question due to his actions.
Fyi who recommendation is guiding all health services globally. In UK, if you're flying from Beijing and are symptom free on departure, no problem.

You're biased against China and it's showing.

Why China allowed him out of their god given (as many Chinese here try to sell) country?

Worse thing why Pakistan allowed him in?
The situation and guidance changes almost daily. At present, a traveller embarking in Beijing who is symptom free can travel to Pakistan and UK in line with who guidelines. Some countries may have applied rules beyond this, I don't know.

Fyi who recommendation is guiding all health services globally. In UK, if you're flying from Beijing and are symptom free on departure, no problem.

You're biased against China and it's showing.

Biased?? Do you even know when to use that word?? :rolleyes:

WHO isn't being politically neutral so its "recommendations" are as good as those of Chinese officials....and we now know where that landed the rest of the world, including Chinese citizens.

It's pretty simple....if you want to keep the door open due to whatever reason, do so at your own peril. The US has already issued a No Travel Advisory while countries such as Australia, Egypt, Finland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Mongolia, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines & many other countries have either closed their borders to Chinese citizens, suspended flights or taken other precautions.

Full list of countries who have taken precautions: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...e-countries-airlines-restrict-travel-to-china

Now....against such precautions worldwide, you're calling me "biased" for speaking up for the well being of the Pakistani awaam?? :disagree:

The situation and guidance changes almost daily. At present, a traveller embarking in Beijing who is symptom free can travel to Pakistan and UK in line with who guidelines. Some countries may have applied rules beyond this, I don't know.
But when the incubation period is 2 weeks...Dont allow such shallow rules! China of all countries should know this (even if Pakistan doesnt!)

I agree!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom