What's new

"Chinese journalists told me about China’s plan to put a train through Pakistan’s mountains linking

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Much of what is imagines for Pakistan, China has already achieved elsewhere. In April, it launched a freight train that will travel seven countries from its mainland and reach Britain, its final destination, in just 17 days. The rail journey is touted as being cheaper than sending freight by air and faster than sending it via the waters. Now, China is also planning on connecting Pakistan to Europe via train tracks.

Last month, I travelled to China to see some of these plans and their progress. While in Guangzhou I visited the headquarters of the state-run newspaper The Daily Guangzhou. There is where I first heard from Chinese journalists about China’s plan to put a train track through Pakistan’s mountains that link it to Europe.
https://www.geo.tv/latest/142560-what-i-found-out-about-the-obor-during-a-trip-to-china

Proposed-Route-Map-of-Pakistan-China-Railway-Line-1.jpg

If this ever gets built it will be a huge monumental development.

The terrain is unforgiving and the engineering challenges will be huge.

If it gets built it will become a modern World Wonder....

However, it will require a lot of $$$$$

Well, if you understand the challenge imposed by geographical environment along the Karakoram Highway, then you're probably not that optimistic. The more practical solution is to connect Pakistan to Iran thru which to connect to Central Asia and Europe. It seems there exist such a plan, between Tehran and Pakistan, examine the gray line in the attached diagram. Not sure whether it's confirmed by relevant governments but technical feasibility should not be an issue.

Don't trust any 'vision' without official confirmation from BOTH Pakistan and China central government even it's broadcast by some stated own organization.

XnEN8EI.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if you understand the challenge imposed by geographical environment along the Karakoram Highway, then you're probably not that optimistic. The more practical solution is to connect Pakistan to Iran thru which to connect to Central Asia and Europe. It seems there exist such a plan, from Tehran to Pakistan, examine the gray line in the attached diagram. Not sure whether it's confirmed by relevant governments but technical feasibility should not be an issue.

Don't trust any 'vision' without official confirmation from BOTH Pakistan and China central government even it's broadcast by some stated own organization.

View attachment 398613

It's also Pakistan own interest to connect Gilgit-Baltistan-Gwadar with railway line. For Europe route via Iran already exist technically speaking.

Much of what is imagines for Pakistan, China has already achieved elsewhere. In April, it launched a freight train that will travel seven countries from its mainland and reach Britain, its final destination, in just 17 days. The rail journey is touted as being cheaper than sending freight by air and faster than sending it via the waters. Now, China is also planning on connecting Pakistan to Europe via train tracks.

Last month, I travelled to China to see some of these plans and their progress. While in Guangzhou I visited the headquarters of the state-run newspaper The Daily Guangzhou. There is where I first heard from Chinese journalists about China’s plan to put a train track through Pakistan’s mountains that link it to Europe.
https://www.geo.tv/latest/142560-what-i-found-out-about-the-obor-during-a-trip-to-china
Saad Rafiqu has also admitted that there is long term implementation plan of rail linkage and termed this project as 8th wonder of world. But to materialize this plan they have to restructure the railway which is under process. Railways is reviving and but at the moment existing infrastructure is not allowing them to make radical changes due to budget constraints. But we have to admit Saad Rafique has done magic with Railway and it is on track now.

It's also Pakistan own interest to connect Gilgit-Baltistan-Gwadar with railway line. For Europe route via Iran already exist technically speaking.
Inthe diagram of China's 2030 national railway plan, the railway between Kashgar and Khunjerab becomes solid line from dotline of 2020 plan, which signifies that the railway will be built before 2030 and usually before the projected time. However, it is not clear when the China-Pakistan railway will start the actual work. My wild guess would be around 2025. By then, Gwadar port will operate with significant volume of shipment.

it will be costly need so many tunnels the most feasible one is using Mardan Swat Phander Hunza Sost to China

If this ever gets built it will be a huge monumental development.

The terrain is unforgiving and the engineering challenges will be huge.

If it gets built it will become a modern World Wonder....

However, it will require a lot of $$$$$

If China want to built it then they can, as they have achieved difficult task in Tibet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom