What's new

Chinese J-20 stealth fighter not cause for concern, Rafale too has stealth features: Air Marshal

and what about Indian fanboys boosting Rafael...???

It depends upon the way you look. Even f-16blk 52 decades old, but it is still more than what is/ will be the JFT. Rafalr is something beyond jft league in each and every aspect.

At this stage, we know neither the technical nuances of the Rafale nor that of any other fighter to the detail that would allow for a fair comparison. Nevertheless, the overall features the Rafale (such as its AESA radar, integrated EW/ECM system, cockpit + HMD upgrades, and air-to-air weaponry) would make the J-10C a far more suitable comparator.

========

I'd like to hear some reasoning and/or evidence to back up tha
hehe , so how many defence equipments europe or russia or for that matter usa buys from china . leave aside cutting edge technology as china is not capable enough for that .

Gee. still bickering? I bet Americans will laugh at both of you two losers.

hehe , so how many defence equipments europe or russia or for that matter usa buys from china . leave aside cutting edge technology as china is not capable enough for that .

Hi; weapons sales are not necessarily representative of industrial might or weapons capability. This is especially true when multiple embargoes are in place.

The people who claim this probably did not have access to the technical data of 5th-generation fighters, and thus their statements are more of a marketing gimmick rather than honest comparisons. We've seen similar statements made in light of the Gripen (which Saab claims can defeat a Su-35), Eurofighter (again, the Su-35), and finally the Su-35 (which Sukhoi claims can defeat the Typhoon). By the same token, the Coca-Cola company marketed their drink as a healthy alternative to other beverages, which they later backed up with their own iteration of so-called "evidence".

Fair enough; count me as a skeptic until you find an analysis that is grounded in tangible data rather than academic ring-tossing.
By the same token, the pilot who's video in BFM vs F-22 was present recently at a conference in Bordeaux. ("Aquitaine, terre de Rafale"). He clearly stated that (i) Rafale clean RCS was much lower than generally advertized and that (ii) That RBE2 AESA performances were so surprizingly high that he would like to play in BVR with F-22.

and what about Indian fanboys boosting Rafael...???

Absolutely true. But there are interesting informations in both fans posts time to time.

By the same token, the pilot who's video in BFM vs F-22 was present recently at a conference in Bordeaux. ("Aquitaine, terre de Rafale"). He clearly stated that (i) Rafale clean RCS was much lower than generally advertized and that (ii) That RBE2 AESA performances were so surprizingly high that he would like to play in BVR with F-22.

*Sigh... because of all people, he was the one to whom Lockheed merrily divulged the F-22's classified parameters, am I right? This rhetoric is along the same lines as the claim that the KLJ-7A radar matches that of the F-35. :D

bhai indian potty bhi stealth huti hai ... baki dunya backward hai hamain kiya pata matti pao

*Sigh... because of all people, he was the one to whom Lockheed merrily divulged the F-22's classified parameters, am I right? This rhetoric is along the same lines as the claim that the KLJ-7A radar matches that of the F-35. :D
He is a pilot that have been opposed to F-22 aside ATLC (and shot it in BFM). Besides, he did not tell that Rafale was superior or anything else, just that considering Rafale CLEAN very low RCS and RBE2 performances he would like to play with.
I agree there is no way a loaded Rafale could beat a F-22 in BVR one vs one. In a 4 vs 4 it could be another story with one of them clean used as mini awacs. No clue, i just transmit what was said. Btw, it was also clearly stated that AESA showed much better performance than expected due to difference between prototypes built with US modules and production radar built with higher rate UMS modules.
But we are far from topic, sorry.

Last edited:
He is a pilot that have been opposed to F-22 aside ATLC (and shot it in BFM). Besides, he did not tell that Rafale was superior or anything else, just that considering Rafale CLEAN very low RCS and RBE2 performances he would like to play with.

The F-22 most likely sported Luneburg lens during such exchanges; I highly doubt that the USAF would be so lax as to reveal one of the most closely-guarded specifications of the F-22.

Regarding the Rafale, nobody doubts that it has significant reductions to its observability or the fact that it has a capable RBE2 AESA radar; however, those statements do not mean anything when you are comparing it to a different aircraft.

The people who claim this probably did not have access to the technical data of 5th-generation fighters, and thus their statements are more of a marketing gimmick rather than honest comparisons. We've seen similar statements made in light of the Gripen (which Saab claims can defeat a Su-35), Eurofighter (again, the Su-35), and finally the Su-35 (which Sukhoi claims can defeat the Typhoon). By the same token, the Coca-Cola company marketed their drink as a healthy alternative to other beverages, which they later backed up with their own iteration of so-called "evidence".

You are talking as If you have the data for both J-10 and Rafale- get your foot on ground- F-35 is an American plane but that doesn't mean the PAAF doesn't know anything about It-

LETS wait till we get full specs of J20. at preset its just a prototype develpment plane.

Until we see the J20 radar avionics weapons RCS or stealth features it has no chance against a high end Rafale or even Typhoon.

You are talking as If you have the data for both J-10 and Rafale- get your foot on ground- F-35 is an American plane but that doesn't mean the PAAF doesn't know anything about It-

That doesn't refute my argument. Each side may make estimations of the other's capabilities but certainly not to the accuracy that would warrant such comparisons useful or meaningful in any significant way.

LETS wait till we get full specs of J20. at preset its just a prototype develpment plane.

Until we see the J20 radar avionics weapons RCS or stealth features it has no chance against a high end Rafale or even Typhoon.

The same could be said of any two fighters, if we are to follow your principle. Heck, until Dassault releases every single specification of the Rafale and that of its accompanying subsystems, I could just as easily "claim" that it is no match for the J-10C, if I were to adopt the logic that you used.

I agree there is no way a loaded Rafale could beat a F-22 in BVR one vs one. In a 4 vs 4 it could be another story with one of them clean used as mini awacs. No clue, i just transmit what was said. Btw, it was also clearly stated that AESA showed much better performance than expected due to difference between prototypes built with US modules and production radar built with higher rate UMS modules.
But we are far from topic, sorry.
Don't spread French propaganda.

That doesn't refute my argument. Each side may make estimations of the other's capabilities but certainly not to the accuracy that would warrant such comparisons useful or meaningful in any significant way.

This is what they do for daily meal- so its better to leave them at it- It has been going on from centuries- Be it China, US or India in this case- The only way to validate how correct they are is to see the result in actual face off scenario-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom