What's new

Chinese INDIGENOUS missiles randomly captured on beijing street during rehearsal for V-day parade

KJ-500 AWACS
103.jpg
104.jpg
KJ-2000 AWACS
100.jpg
101.jpg
102.jpg

Last edited:
Grrr ... sorry to nit-pick, but that's the KJ-2000 ! ... the KJ-500 is a smaller - Y-9-based - design.

Anyway thanks again !

Sorry ... again not completely correct: that's not the GX-6 ASW but the GX-8 ELINT !

J-15
121.jpg
122.jpg
123.jpg
124.jpg

Thanks for the nice images however the designation si not correct: the Flankers are "simply" J-11A models from the 7. Division ... and - similar to Your post above - there is no helicopter called WJ (or WZ-) but simply Z-19.

WJ is a abbreviation for WoJiang meaning turoboprob as jused by the Y-9's WJ-6C.

Deino
it's not any more appropriate to call our jets Flankers,Flankers are manufactured and designed by russian Sukhoy,our jets including J-11B,J-11BS,J-11D,J-15 series,J-16 series are all with their intellectual property rights fully belonging to China.except for their superficial look which is alike with flankers,every key component inlcuding engine,avionics system, radar etc are 100% of Chinese indigenous intellectual property,J-11series,J15series and J16 series are not Su27,Su33,Su30,if they let a russian pilot to try them,he will feel the fundamentally huge difference between them

Last edited:
it's not any more appropriate to call our jets Flankers,Flankers are manufactured and designed by russian Sukhoy,our jets including J-11B,J-11BS,J-11D,J-15 series,J-16 series are all with their intellectual property rights fully belonging to China.except for their superficial look which is alike with flankers,every key component inlcuding engine,avionics system, radar etc are 100% of Chinese indigenous intellectual property,J-11series,J15series and J16 series are not J27,J33,J30,if they let a russian pilot to try them,he will feel the fundamentally huge difference between them

Not really, ... at laest IMO ! FLANKER or FARMER or whatever ASCI/NATO-call name is simply a name to identify a certain type of aircraft ... and in the same was the Chinese J-7s were still called Fishbeds, the J-6s are still regarded as Farmers ... the Su-27/-30/-33-series-derivates could also still be Flankers. The only thing I would suggest is the addition of a separate letter to differ between a RuAF Su-27 Flanker-C and a PLAAF J-11B.

But maybe these are just my 2 cents.

Deino

Not really, ... at laest IMO ! FLANKER or FARMER or whatever ASCI/NATO-call name is simply a name to identify a certain type of aircraft ... and in the same was the Chinese J-7s were still called Fishbeds, the J-6s are still regarded as Farmers ... the Su-27/-30/-33-series-derivates could also still be Flankers. The only thing I would suggest is the addition of a separate letter to differ between a RuAF Su-27 Flanker-C and a PLAAF J-11B.

But maybe these are just my 2 cents.

Deino
I insist J11 series J15 series and J16 series are fundamentally different from Su27,Su33 and Su30 except the looks,maybe we should creat a new term for our jets whose functions are similar to russian flankers,but I appreciate for your comments

Last edited:
I insist J11 series J15 series and J16 series are fundamentally different from Su27,Su33 and Su30 except the looks,maybe we should creat a new term for our jets whose functions are similar to russian flankers

Ignore him. No one here takes him seriously.

Back
Top Bottom