What's new

Chinese 'incursions' across LAC

Zero, as I frequent their major web sites. They only cite Indian reports of Chinese incursions.

Frankly, it's truly puzzling... something fishy is there... unless I missed something.

Sure, the main media of Chinese is busy on economy,Paralympic Games or something else.

only few guys care about the LAC. It is far from their life.

From the point of view of strategic,LAC is more important for India than China, because China have enough strategic buffer after the LAC. LAC is far from Chinese economical center. PLA can block India's attack thousands of times before they can touch China's economical center. But if PLA try to break the LAC, India has no geographical superority to block the attack of PLA.

So China do not need to break up the status of LAC. I can not understand the meaning of such action. Especially, China is facing the threaten of conomy decline, corruption and other demestic affairs.

Zero, as I frequent their major web sites. They only cite Indian reports of Chinese incursions.

Frankly, it's truly puzzling... something fishy is there... unless I missed something.

Go by such web sites & the media and you'll miss a lot.

There are no coincidences in the world.

For some points of view, there is no creditable media. They get financial support from all kind of political group. They usually have their own politic view.

And people usually lead or mislead by all kind of media. So Chinese CCTV always says everything runs ok. And BBC/CNN always says China is full of corruption, cheat and other dangerous.

As guys who media wana impact, we should have our own mind.

Last edited:
Does china report Indian incursions ?

this article goes like pot calling the kettle black , Indians are way not angel at the border belt.

the Chinese government has been trying to smooth out the rising nationalist sentiment against external opposition,coz nationalism is such a double -edged sword rather than politics when the government,to meet the geopolitical goal, wants a resolution all by negotiations.

it's unpractical for both governments (Chinese or Indians)to grab all the disputed areas beyond LAC, while nationalism would demand every inch of the land.

and that's why your government also behaves low-pitched on contrast of your spoffish media.

mature up, or lose the game.

Well atleast China needs to hold its bargain regarding Sikkim, There should be no incursions there. Before the Riots PM M. Singh and China Premier sign an agreement where as India would consider Tibet as an integral part of China, and where as China would consider Sikkim as an integral part of India. So, the lastest incursions in Sikkim has to be stopped by China because of the treaty signed.

Need i remind the Chinese members here that their ambassador to India claimed the entire Arunachal Pradesh, not just the Tawang region. I assure you, China is not at all serious at solving the border dispute with India, as this is a nice pressure point they have with India.

19 Sep 2008, 1908 hrs IST

BEIJING: The Chinese leadership is believed to have protested against what it regards as a political hysteria in India concerning alleged incursions by troops of the People's Liberation Army into Indian territory.

This is one of the issues raised during the two-day discussions on the border issue between Chinese leaders and National Security Adviser MK Narayanan, sources said. Narayanan held day-long meetings with Chinese leaders including the State Councillor Dai Bingguo before attending a dinner hosted by the Chinese government.

"The border has not been delimited. How can anyone claim that there have been incursions when the border issue has not been settled" Hu Shisheng, a researcher at the government think-talk, the China Institute of Contemporary International Relations, said. "The political hype on issues like the border is having a negative impact on the border talks," he said.

The Indian side pointed out that Sikkim is not part of the border negotiations as its boundary is already settled. There can be no case for incursions along the Sikkim border, sources said. The two countries held the 12th round of talks after a gap of one year.

There was no comment from the Indian government on Thursday and Friday despite repeated requests. The Chinese negotiators, however, had given details about their side of the talks to the official Xinhua news agency on Thursday.

Sources said Chinese leaders also advised the Indian government to do what it can to calm anti-Chinese sentiments that could be an obstacle to settling the border issue, informed sources said. The Indian side reiterated that India was a multi-party democracy and Beijing will need to accept this fact in any dealings with New Delhi.

Hu said that the mass media in India has been almost hysterical over issues like the discussions at the meeting of the Nuclear Suppliers Group. China's concerns on the issue of nuclear non-proliferation have not been fully appreciated in India, he said.

"We have our own concerns and we also have to face pressures from other countries in the region. Our representatives acted in a responsible manner at the NSG before agreeing to go along with everyone in approving India's case," he said.

Sources said that Chinese leaders tried to find out if the Indian government can extend some help in solving its problems concerning the Dalai Lama and the alleged violent activities by Tibetan dissidents in China.

"The time has come for Chinese and Indian leaders to sit down together and try to solve the Tibetan issue," Ma Jaili, another Chinese expert at a government run think-tank said.

"The NSG verdict represents the end of the old order and the emergence of a new order. The Chinese leadership has always adhered to the principal of watching the situation carefully before taking a stand on a changing situation like this one," a Chinese expert on Asian affairs, told this reporter.

19 Sep 2008, 1908 hrs IST

BEIJING: The Chinese leadership is believed to have protested against what it regards as a political hysteria in India concerning alleged incursions by troops of the People's Liberation Army into Indian territory.

This is one of the issues raised during the two-day discussions on the border issue between Chinese leaders and National Security Adviser MK Narayanan, sources said. Narayanan held day-long meetings with Chinese leaders including the State Councillor Dai Bingguo before attending a dinner hosted by the Chinese government.

"The border has not been delimited. How can anyone claim that there have been incursions when the border issue has not been settled" Hu Shisheng, a researcher at the government think-talk, the China Institute of Contemporary International Relations, said. "The political hype on issues like the border is having a negative impact on the border talks," he said.

The Indian side pointed out that Sikkim is not part of the border negotiations as its boundary is already settled. There can be no case for incursions along the Sikkim border, sources said. The two countries held the 12th round of talks after a gap of one year.

There was no comment from the Indian government on Thursday and Friday despite repeated requests. The Chinese negotiators, however, had given details about their side of the talks to the official Xinhua news agency on Thursday.

Sources said Chinese leaders also advised the Indian government to do what it can to calm anti-Chinese sentiments that could be an obstacle to settling the border issue, informed sources said. The Indian side reiterated that India was a multi-party democracy and Beijing will need to accept this fact in any dealings with New Delhi.

Hu said that the mass media in India has been almost hysterical over issues like the discussions at the meeting of the Nuclear Suppliers Group. China's concerns on the issue of nuclear non-proliferation have not been fully appreciated in India, he said.

"We have our own concerns and we also have to face pressures from other countries in the region. Our representatives acted in a responsible manner at the NSG before agreeing to go along with everyone in approving India's case," he said.

Sources said that Chinese leaders tried to find out if the Indian government can extend some help in solving its problems concerning the Dalai Lama and the alleged violent activities by Tibetan dissidents in China.

"The time has come for Chinese and Indian leaders to sit down together and try to solve the Tibetan issue," Ma Jaili, another Chinese expert at a government run think-tank said.

"The NSG verdict represents the end of the old order and the emergence of a new order. The Chinese leadership has always adhered to the principal of watching the situation carefully before taking a stand on a changing situation like this one," a Chinese expert on Asian affairs, told this reporter.

Indians are known for having the obsession problem with their neighbours. They are obsessed with Pakistan, they are obcessed with China and now they are even obsessed with BD. So nothing new here. They will create issues out where non exist. I fully agree with Hu Shisheng that when something is not settled, how can one side blame the other of incursions. Indians cant change their neighbours and hence their obsession with them and blaming them for everything and keeping the hostility open is not the way to go specially in case of Pakistan and therefore this reality needs to be understood and the sooner it is the better it would be for the whole region.

There are various fields where there is plenty of scope for all the sides to work on and take advantage of each others expertise but because of this sorry *** attitude, none happens.

"The border has not been delimited. How can anyone claim that there have been incursions when the border issue has not been settled"

Well said!

"The political hype on issues like the border is having a negative impact on the border talks," he said.

Democrazy free media are badly in need of control. Otherwise, they will certainly mislead Indian people, harm Indian people and damage the national interest of India.

The Indian side pointed out that Sikkim is not part of the border negotiations as its boundary is already settled. There can be no case for incursions along the Sikkim border, sources said.

Yet look at this democrazy report: :disagree:

Another Chinese 'incursion' at Sikkim border

NEW DELHI: Despite having implicitly accepted Sikkim to be a part of India earlier, China continues to undertake "incursions" across the LAC into the tiny north-eastern state.

The latest "incursion" by Chinese troops took place on Monday, with a vehicle-mounted patrol crossing almost one km into Indian territory in Sikkim's northernmost tip known as the "finger area", ...

Another Chinese 'incursion' at Sikkim border-India-The Times of India

Please read my above post, you'll then understand what I meant to hint: Indian media have produced too many fishy and fake stuffs.

Uncurbed democracy is bad!

Need i remind the Chinese members here that their ambassador to India claimed the entire Arunachal Pradesh, not just the Tawang region. I assure you, China is not at all serious at solving the border dispute with India, as this is a nice pressure point they have with India.

you missed one point, on other end of the weighing scale, it is not Aksai Chin, but the old lama and his follower government in exile for almost 50 years.

it's long being misread that Aksai Chin balances arunachal pradesh.what if we host an indian maoist group against indian government,and kick off the border negotiation with you?

I believe that Chinese government is getting down to the bilateral relationship, but, if you wanna play, then play.

you missed one point, on other end of the weighing scale, it is not Aksai Chin, but the old lama and his follower government in exile for almost 50 years.

it's long being misread that Aksai Chin balances arunachal pradesh.what if we host an indian maoist group against indian government,and kick off the border negotiation with you?

I believe that Chinese government is getting down to the bilateral relationship, but, if you wanna play, then play.

What difference will that make sir, China has not been discussing border dispute for long time. Regarding Sikkim it was just resolved (which the Indian thought) in 2007. And there has not been any further talks about since then.

Regarding the Indian maoist group, it already exists in India illegally, so there is no new creations there.

What game are you talking about to play sir?

What difference will that make sir, China has not been discussing border dispute for long time. Regarding Sikkim it was just resolved (which the Indian thought) in 2007. And there has not been any further talks about since then.

Regarding the Indian maoist group, it already exists in India illegally, so there is no new creations there.

What game are you talking about to play sir?

hi jeypore,

the durable sion-indo border issue was caused by an abstract line which is never received by China. China's proposition of "undeterminate boundary" is obviously more correspond to reality comparing with Nehru's "forwarding policy", while india has kept in an aggressive pose.

it's not strange that the border negotiation started so late,though 15 rounds of talks had been hold since 1981, coz both side have to find a contact platform without newly added disputes in the postwar era, such as

1970, proposal to UN accusing China's violation of human rights in Tibet.
1986, upgrade of the Arunachal district.
1998, theory of China threat

Sikkim issue was resolved exactly in 2005 when maps in China began to incorporate Sikkim into india. but do you know why could that happen?

It was until 2003 that India government had been ignoring China's sovereignty in Tibet and publicly supporting the tibetan separatists!

it looked like a deal, politics is just game.

the tibetan government-in-exile has been a big headache to China, and you're blithely hosting it as a chessman.

anyway I'm not complaining over this, but I think the Chinese government will definitely play something against the indian card, it's kinda check and balance.

Chinese people do not natively dislike Indians, we don't really nor necessarily have enmity upon a big neighbor with long history and splandorde civilization. last night I was talking with an Indian guy in a swimming pool, he's my neighbor in the same uptown area. I think personal contact can go pretty well dispite politics gose otherwise, and only when mutual respect and understanding practise deeply throughout affairs between national interests, people from the two countries can enjoy and benefit from a real good relationship.

hereby I suggest you read through post by your indian compatriots here, to see how their finger pointing jobs had "helped" in this regard.

hi jeypore,

the durable sion-indo border issue was caused by an abstract line which is never received by China. China's proposition of "undeterminate boundary" is obviously more correspond to reality comparing with Nehru's "forwarding policy", while india has kept in an aggressive pose.

it's not strange that the border negotiation started so late,though 15 rounds of talks had been hold since 1981, coz both side have to find a contact platform without newly added disputes in the postwar era, such as

1970, proposal to UN accusing China's violation of human rights in Tibet.
1986, upgrade of the Arunachal district.
1998, theory of China threat

Sikkim issue was resolved exactly in 2005 when maps in China began to incorporate Sikkim into india. but do you know why could that happen?

It was until 2003 that India government had been ignoring China's sovereignty in Tibet and publicly supporting the tibetan separatists!

it looked like a deal, politics is just game.

the tibetan government-in-exile has been a big headache to China, and you're blithely hosting it as a chessman.

anyway I'm not complaining over this, but I think the Chinese government will definitely play something against the indian card, it's kinda check and balance.

Chinese people do not natively dislike Indians, we don't really nor necessarily have enmity upon a big neighbor with long history and splandorde civilization. last night I was talking with an Indian guy in a swimming pool, he's my neighbor in the same uptown area. I think personal contact can go pretty well dispite politics gose otherwise, and only when mutual respect and understanding practise deeply throughout affairs between national interests, people from the two countries can enjoy and benefit from a real good relationship.

hereby I suggest you read through post by your indian compatriots here, to see how their finger pointing jobs had "helped" in this regard.

You must admit sir that China has many situation today that are "never received by China." The biggest one is Taiwan. There are disputes regarding what land belongs to China with Russia, Mongolia, and India.

I agree with you that it is politiking, but you must understand China's politicians are the military party CCP, other politicians of the country considered a grave treath. So for the opposition it is not merely a politiking as you have perceived.

That is why, as you have might noticed, that any dicussion regarding Taiwan the opposition first talkes about militarily instead of actual politics, be it US or Gov't of Taiwan on this issue.

Back
Top Bottom