Chinese hackers spying on INS Vikrant, INS Vikramaditya: Reports

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: ZEE MEDIA

497308-ins-vikramaditya-700-1.jpg

With India trying to increase its presence in the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea, cybersecurity experts have warned that Chinese hackers have set their eyes on the country’s aircraft carriers – INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya.

As per a report in a leading national daily, the Chinese hackers are closely following the movements of the Indian aircraft carriers, especially in the South China Sea.These hackers, claims report, are also attempting to crack cyber-security codes to extract confidential information regarding India’s military preparedness.

The cybersecurity experts have also warned that these China-based hackers have also been targeting Tibetan exile groups in India, which Beijing views as a threat for past several years.

Citing a sensational report from cybersecurity firm FireEye, the experts say that an advanced team of Chienese hackers has been zeroing in on vital Indian organisations to steal information related to Indo-China border disputes and Tibetan exile groups.

The group termed as APT30 touted to be longest-running advanced threat groups, possibly tapped classified government networks and other networks inaccessible from a standard Internet connection, according to a report by FireEye.

The Chinese hackers have set their eyes on the Southeast Asian region, with a focus on governmental, diplomatic, scientific and educational organisations, the report said.

Beijing has viewed Tibetan groups in India with suspicion ever since the Dalai Lama fled China in 1959 to establish the Central Tibetan Administration, more commonly known as the Tibetan government-in-exile, in Dharamsala.

China has previously been accused of spying on Tibetan organisations overseas in an apparent attempt to stave off future unrest at home.

However, China has always denied involvement in such operations.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...vikrant-ins-vikramaditya-reports_1893452.html

Chinese are ahead in the hacking business compared to us, what is our game and response?

Chinese are ahead in the hacking business compared to us, what is our game and response?
Implant the Chinese malware with our own and get access to everything Chinese spy upon using that malware

Once the purpose is served, expose the Chinese malware.

PS: Single Chinese cyber espionage campaign is spread across multiple nations.

APT30 btw was already discovered more than a year ago

https://www2.fireeye.com/rs/fireye/images/rpt-apt30.pdf

Last edited:
If you hack and people trace you back that dosen't make you a good hacker...but a shitty one.
And if they don't stop even after being tracked and detected? what does that makes the one who was being spy ed on?
Just a little bit of humility wont do you any harm dear.

And if they don't stop even after being tracked and detected? what does that makes the one who was being spy ed on?

What is arrogant in this? It is always the fight between the sword and the shield. One is always going to find a way to break your defences it is a known fact...there is always a rivalry between the swordsmith and the armor forger. Only thing is in the world of software once you trace them you can just pass around misinformation.

The Job of the hacker is to stay hidden till you can extract everything. Once traced back the information given out can also be completely false.

Then they're idiots who've opened themselves up to counter-intelligence practices. If they don't change their tactics and continue to operate after being detected, if they know they've been detected, they are at the mercy of whoever they are hacking.

False info, malware, tracing and counter-hacking... they'd be stupid to continue without a change in their tactics.
:) do i need to post the COMPLETE sentence again for you?

And if they don't stop even after being tracked and detected, what does that makes the one who was being spy ed on?.

Also i am not from China nor do i know about there ways and means but i do understand that a team capable enough to hacking into other government/military system will have this much common sense to change there MO.

I quoted the whole sentence - real high quality stuff. The kind I've come to expect from a PDF TTA/TTC.
]
Cool, you have realized how pathetic the quality of posts here is, even by TT/TTAs, you did so in 2 years and something makes you pot about that,,,, STILL here!!

You just simple misinterpreted what i was trying to say. Too eager to jump gun? This is something i DO NOT expect from a member with professional tag. They are almost always much more sensible and understand the things much more clearly.

I do not feel a need to go over the same initial post, half of which you quoted to being with and not full, and, still do not understand what was being said. However i do find some interesting points in this post of your to which i will like to reply in detail. Unfortunately i am getting late for Iftar now and have to leave as Iftar is in around 30min time, will try to come back today or tomorrow. Take Care.!

And if they don't stop even after being tracked and detected?

Then they are fools.

what does that makes the one who was being spy ed on?

That make the one smart, one may be pushing the wrong info to hacker or say counter-hacking him.

Hacking is not a gentlemen game to start with. :)

Back
Top Bottom