What's new

Chinese government-backed social media users flood Web

In my opinion, China also needs to have certain software to implant comments on US news portals' comments sections, especially regarding news on race issues.

Some enlightening posts would do no harm as they would instill further class consciousness.
They can hire 50cent army members . By the way, does anyone know where to sign up?:partay:

They can hire 50cent army members . By the way, does anyone know where to sign up?:partay:

I would still prefer a good software to do the entire job. Why bother with human labor. Besides, one of those half a million strong 50 cent people can talk, Buddha forbid.

For registration:

Just Baidu 50sent registration. Step by step guide. LOL.

The research project, which took advantage of a trove of government emails, spreadsheets and work reports from a propaganda office in central China leaked online in 2014, concludes that an estimated 488 million fake posts a year "enables the government to actively control opinion without having to censor as much as they might otherwise."

488,000,000 (million) "fake" post a year--- that's 40,666,666 (million) per month--- or 135,555 post per day--- or 56,481 per hour--- or almost 1000 posts per second non stop 24/7--- that is quite amazing, where can i find these posts?

the articles claims for each post made, the Chinese government supposedly pays $0.50. So that means the posters must be real people; must be at least 1 or couple million people to make that many posts.

Article also wants us to believe that these "fake" posts, all 488 million of them, are supposedly to enable to Chinese government to control opinion--what opinion? What exactly are these post saying? I mean, why did the article not even show some examples? Not enough postings to look for? That can't be it, there are suppose to be 488,000,000 (million) of them; the laws of common sense argues that there should be tons of these fake post just floating around, "controlling opinions" of others, but to my findings, I can find none.

Last edited:
488,000,000 (million) "fake" post a year--- that's 40,666,666 (million) per month--- or 135,555 post per day--- or 56,481 per hour--- or almost 1000 posts per second non stop 24/7--- that is quite amazing, where can i find these posts?

the articles claims for each post made, the Chinese government supposedly pays $0.50. So that means the posters must be real people; must be at least 1 or couple million people to make that many posts.

Article also wants us to believe that these "fake" posts, all 488 million of them, are supposedly to enable to Chinese government to control opinion--what opinion? What exactly are these post saying? I mean, why did the article not even show some examples? Not enough postings to look for? That can't be it, there are suppose to be 488,000,000 (million) of them; the laws of common sense argues that there should be tons of these fake post just floating around, "controlling opinions" of others, but to my findings, I can find none.

Why are chinese members here quick to jump in to defend themselves without even bothered to read the article properly? e.g. the article didn’t say chinese govt pay 50 cent for the comments. On the contrary, it said these unpaid comments are from regular govt employees, public servants, etc. who were given these extra tasks on top of their regular jobs. And the research and findings is from Harvard, the same university that Xi sent his daughter to.

Let's home that it is just a work of a wonderful software like NSA uses. Otherwise, it is, as you pointed out, too costly, and easily detectable. If just one of those persons speaks out, the whole enterprise is in danger.

Why are chinese members here quick to jump in to defend themselves without even bothered to read the article properly? e.g. the article didn’t say chinese govt pay 50 cent for the comments. On the contrary, it said these unpaid comments are from regular govt employees, public servants, etc. who were given these extra tasks on top of their regular jobs. And the research and findings is from Harvard, the same university that Xi sent his daughter to.

Why do Vietnamese like bringing up the topic of where Xi send her daughter for school? If Vietnamese government Dung could afford Harvard for his kid he would send him there too. I'm sure there are Vietcong officials who send their sons and daughters to ivy league schools in US and Europe also.

Why do Vietnamese like bringing up the topic of where Xi send her daughter for school? If Vietnamese government Dung could afford Harvard for his kid he would send him there too. I'm sure there are Vietcong officials who send their sons and daughters to ivy league schools in US and Europe also.

My friend, I mentioned Harvard because that is where the report originated from, especially when you guys attacked the report without acknowledging who published the research report. It was also a side fact that Xi’s daughter also attended this same institution. BTW, I don’t find anything wrong with studying abroad, I’ve sometime mentioned here that I myself study abroad. And I could only wish that I’m smart or rich enough to study in a place such as Harvard like Xi’s daughter.

But back to what I intended to say, was that I don’t find the research report unbelievable like some here wanted to argue. 488 million posts per year may sound unbelievable but it is actually not, lets make a quick break down:

-488 million posts per year = 1.33 million posts per day.

-Now as an example, lets pretend there is a PDF member who has been here for about 2 years and made about 11,000 posts which is averaged about 15 posts per day.

-1.33million/15 = nearly 90,000.

- So to get around 488 million posts per year, we would need about 90,000 people. The Harvard research report said most of those posters are civil servants working under normal government departments, agencies, etc. And China employ millions and millions of civil servants/service workers, both inside and outside China so 90,000 is just a small fraction of that. Therefore, 488 million posts per year is totally believable.

BTW, let me reiterate that I personally don’t really see anything wrong with this tactic. If they are just posting topics that are, what the article calls, “cheerleading and happy-clappy” stuff, then there is nothing wrong to it. Posting stuff about China “cultural industry”, dragon boat race, trains, western china development, etc. is not really breaking any forum rules or harming anyone. In fact, I find the tactic very ingenious and resourceful as I personally know that low level office workers such as receptionists, human resource departments, IT admins, etc. often waste most of their time in the office playing on their phones, browsing the web, chit-chat with others, etc. so its very resourceful to give them these extra tasks instead of just sitting around and wasting time.

Better thing than sending out kids is China's ever growing retention rate, which is higher than some advanced economies such as the UK.

Getting information/knowledge where it is the most advanced is what separates primates from rational beings.

The trend, however, is turning regional, currently, lots of people I know here in Taiwan are looking for places like Top 5 Mainland or Japan, Singapore schools.

But, on topic, I am still waiting for hearing news about a software that can implant hundreds and thousands of computer-generated comments in social media and western news-analyses.

I am seriously considering about this. Let's consult some friends in the engineering department.

Now we know how a certain political party of Pakistan operates :D
@The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight
Hmmm now there's a paid troll on PDF on whom this description fits perfectly.... ifykwim ;):D @MilSpec
Feyeikx.png

that is why western people are naive and gullible, basically they dont have a brain to comprehend the difference between reality and propaganda````there can be only two reasons for these jokes, they either run the most sophisticated propaganda system, or they are just plain stupid

that is why western people are naive and gullible, basically they dont have a brain to comprehend the difference between reality and propaganda````there can be only two reasons for these jokes, they either run the most sophisticated propaganda system, or they are just plain stupid

Can you explain how this is so? What makes you think people are being naive or that it is propaganda?

The research report was published by reputable academics from renown institutions (one of which Xi sent his daughter to). The full research report itself has been made public and is peer-reviewed...so care to explain how it is propaganda or how people are being naive? thanks.

Can you explain how this is so? What makes you think people are being naive or that it is propaganda?

The research report was published by reputable academics from renown institutions (one of which Xi sent his daughter to). The full research report itself has been made public and is peer-reviewed...so care to explain how it is propaganda or how people are being naive? thanks.

Anything that doesn't have favorable opinion about/towards China is propaganda for them.

There is a joke in China that the Great Firewall is not meant to keep people in, but to protect foreigners on the outside.

I had attended various seminars and research conferences at LSE, Warwick, Imperial and such + decade long living in the West, when the ignorance and stereotype was the core genes of how their 'works' and 'researches' were done regarding China, so their 'renown' institutions' researches are as reputable as tabloid magazine on who was who's ex

Western people are just simple gullible and naive as simple as that

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom