What's new

Chinese fighter jets struggle to target buyers .

I believe because of RUssian engine, Chine cannot export jets.. as Russia makes billions selling jets

But report suggest otherwise. China did offer it to Laos and Bangladesh. As BAF operates 48 various types of F-7s and MB version will retire soon, sure China will try to continue to work as primary supplier BAF's fighter fleet. And BAF's not gonna buy JF-17, the only option left for China to offer BAF is a customized J-10. (It was already discussed in Bangladesh foum)

"IN 2018, the Bangladeshi Air Force sent a delegation to conduct a field survey of the performance of the J-10C cementing its intentions to acquire the aircraft."

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...ival_to_Russian_Yak_130_Aircraft#.XTX4kxXVLIU

http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/view/2019-01/24/content_9413144.htm

If China didn't offer it to Bangladesh why would BAF inspect it? :what:
Letting foreign delegate inspect doesn't mean it's really going to export. Especially for a chief. It is to Foster military relation. Unless you can prove China tender J-10 for any countries fighter jet procurement. The rumour about Laos taking J-10 is even more ridiculous. Do you know how much defence budget Laos has? Why would they want J-10 which expertise and finance is way out of their capabilities. What you shown are just rumour and nothing concrete about China exporting it. If China is really keen to export J-10. They would send it for demo like JF-17 to UAE airshow or faborough. But none of it.

Very simple explanation. The J-10's engine until very recently has been the AL-31. I don't think China or the foreign buyer wants to involve Russia in an extremely critical component of the fighter. I'm certain both Pakistan and China realized the difficulty of having a Russian engine instead of a Chinese one through the JF-17 program ...

I believe because of RUssian engine, Chine cannot export jets.. as Russia makes billions selling jets
The JF-17 also has a Russian engine. China can sell a jet using Russian engine ... it's just going to be a much much harder sell.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom